Windows 10: SOLVED: Windows 10 Frozen and Lost Signal to External Monitors After Connecting USB-C Monitor

Discus and support SOLVED: Windows 10 Frozen and Lost Signal to External Monitors After Connecting USB-C Monitor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an HP ZBook 15 G3 laptop with two external monitors: one connected via HDMI and the other also using HDMI but connected through a USB-C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chaim C.G., Sep 6, 2024.

1. SOLVED: Windows 10 Frozen and Lost Signal to External Monitors After Connecting USB-C Monitor

I have an HP ZBook 15 G3 laptop with two external monitors: one connected via HDMI and the other also using HDMI but connected through a USB-C adapter.Yesterday, for some reason, both external monitors lost their signal. Today, I tried several solutions, including:Restarting the PC to a previous restore pointReinstalling the monitor driversInstalling HP Support Assistant and HP PC Hardware Diagnostics WindowsUpdating the BIOS versionYou can find some of these steps here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_3045151-2737681-16None of these solutions worked… until I restarted the computer w

:)

Chaim C.G., Sep 6, 2024
  2. DoGoodMen Win User

Lost external USB monitor after W10 update of 10-01-2016...need help.

Pancho,

9 minutes ago

Last edited: 1 minute ago

Edit

Best Answer

+ Quote

Go to First Unread

SOLVED: Windows 10 Frozen and Lost Signal to External Monitors After Connecting USB-C Monitor [​IMG]

Similar Threads - Lost external monitor

DoGoodMen, Sep 6, 2024
  3. Laptop not projecting signal / detecting additional monitors

My laptop previously connected no problem to an external monitor via HDMI. Now, the monitor displays "no signal from HDMI" when connected, and my laptop does not "detect" an external monitor. I have tried the following troubleshooting steps:

Reboot

replaced HDMI

Used different cables/ HDMI to USB -C adapter

Tried separate monitors

Uninstalled graphics drivers and hidden generic monitors

Cleared cache/temp files

system restore

Still, it does not pick up an external monitor. What can I do to fix this? The port itself has no damage, but it somehow does not seem to recognize that a monitor gets plugged in and therefore does not send a signal via HDMI or USB-C.

Sarah Worden, Sep 6, 2024
  4. SOLVED: Windows 10 Frozen and Lost Signal to External Monitors After Connecting USB-C Monitor

Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal

I trying to see if there is a possible fix, I use a type c to displayport cable to my external monitor and when I on my laptop the external monitor have no signal only when I unplug and plug back in the type c cable then there is a signal. I have tried off and on my external monitor but does not work however it will have windows plug in/out sound but no signal.

Unknownplaylist, Sep 6, 2024
Thema:

SOLVED: Windows 10 Frozen and Lost Signal to External Monitors After Connecting USB-C Monitor

1. SOLVED: Windows 10 Frozen and Lost Signal to External Monitors After Connecting USB-C Monitor - Similar Threads - SOLVED Frozen Lost

2. SOLVED: Windows 10 Frozen and Lost Signal to External Monitors After Connecting USB-C Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOLVED: Windows 10 Frozen and Lost Signal to External Monitors After Connecting USB-C Monitor: I have an HP ZBook 15 G3 laptop with two external monitors: one connected via HDMI and the other also using HDMI but connected through a USB-C adapter.Yesterday, for some reason, both external monitors lost their signal. Today, I tried several solutions, including:Restarting...
  3. SOLVED: Windows 10 Frozen and Lost Signal to External Monitors After Connecting USB-C Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SOLVED: Windows 10 Frozen and Lost Signal to External Monitors After Connecting USB-C Monitor: I have an HP ZBook 15 G3 laptop with two external monitors: one connected via HDMI and the other also using HDMI but connected through a USB-C adapter.Yesterday, for some reason, both external monitors lost their signal. Today, I tried several solutions, including:Restarting...
  4. Windows 10. USB-C Display Port No Signal. External monitor no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10. USB-C Display Port No Signal. External monitor no longer working.: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P51s running Windows 10.I always use an Asus Zenscreen secondary monitor via USB-C. Lately, my PC does not recognize it. That USB-C port on my computer is able to recognize my phone and other devices. The Zenscreen works via the same USB-C cable on my...
  5. Windows 10. USB-C Display Port No Signal. External monitor no longer working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10. USB-C Display Port No Signal. External monitor no longer working.: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P51s running Windows 10.I always use an Asus Zenscreen secondary monitor via USB-C. Lately, my PC does not recognize it. That USB-C port on my computer is able to recognize my phone and other devices. The Zenscreen works via the same USB-C cable on my...
  6. Windows 10. USB-C Display Port No Signal. External monitor no longer working.

7. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  8. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: HelloI am using windows 10. I want to use two monitors. So I am using HDMI and DVI. Unfortunately, Windows 10 detecting both monitors. But DVI connected monitor not received any Signal No signal message.I checked the cable and drivers. All are fine. Any solution for this...
  9. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hello, I have an HP laptop, with an HP docking and 2 HP external monitors. Everything works perfectly, except that sometimes often when going out of sleep mode one of the screens does not work, it remains without signal. When the problem occurs, simply unplug and replug...
  10. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 laptop. I connected an external monitor via USB-C->HDMI adapter but can't duplicate or extend to it. When I switch to duplicate, extend, or second display, the setting goes back to PC screen only. The monitor, adapter and HDMI cable works because I...