Windows 10: Snipping Tool stops working after 1 snip

Discus and support Snipping Tool stops working after 1 snip in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi!I use Snipping Tool for work every day and I found the other that suddenly has stopped working. What happens is it will only let me use it once to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NattGD, Aug 4, 2023.

1. NattGD Win User

Snipping Tool stops working after 1 snip

Hi!I use Snipping Tool for work every day and I found the other that suddenly has stopped working. What happens is it will only let me use it once to take 1 screenshot, and then it will refuse to take another one when I press Shift+Windows+S. What I have to do in order to be able to screenshot again is go to the Task Manager and terminate the process called "Screen Snipping", then it will let me take another screenshot, and it will not be working for a second one, having to repeat the steps of Task Manager>Screen Snipping>End Task. This is very tedious and not how the app is supposed to

:)

NattGD, Aug 4, 2023

2. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 4, 2023
  3. DSlater Win User
    Snipping tool not working

I'm trying to use the Snipping Tool (Windows+Shift+S) but when it opens up to let me select which part of the screen to select, it blanks out the entire screen so that there is nothing to select. I'm not sure when this stopped working since I do not use it very often. I'm using:

• Edition Windows 11 Pro
    • Version 21H2
    • Installed on ‎11/‎6/‎2021
    • OS build 22000.613
    • Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.613.0
    • The Snipping Tool shows version 11.2201.12.0
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

DSlater, Aug 4, 2023
  4. Snipping Tool stops working after 1 snip

snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Aug 4, 2023
Thema:

Snipping Tool stops working after 1 snip

1. Snipping Tool stops working after 1 snip - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool stops

2. Snipping Tool stops working after 1 snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool stops working after 1 snip: Hi!I use Snipping Tool for work every day and I found the other that suddenly has stopped working. What happens is it will only let me use it once to take 1 screenshot, and then it will refuse to take another one when I press Shift+Windows+S. What I have to do in order to be...
  3. Snipping tool randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool randomly stops working: Hello!Ever since I've got my PC, it's been having wierd issue where at times the win+shift+s shortcut and the snipping tool app iteslf just stop working. The app won't launch and the shortcut will not work. I thought it was a RAM issue as I only had 8 gb and frequently ran...
  4. Snipping tool stop promping the screenshot after snipping

Snipping tool stop promping the screenshot after snipping: Not sure when it start but my snipping tool stop promping the screenshot after snipping. Specifically:Before, when I snip and select the range, it will pop up the screenshot window immediately for me to edit;Now, after I snip, there is no window pop up, instead it will keep...
  5. Snipping tool stop promping the screenshot after snipping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool stop promping the screenshot after snipping: Not sure when it start but my snipping tool stop promping the screenshot after snipping. Specifically:Before, when I snip and select the range, it will pop up the screenshot window immediately for me to edit;Now, after I snip, there is no window pop up, instead it will keep...
  6. Windows 10 Screen Snipping tool stops working after 1 snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Screen Snipping tool stops working after 1 snip: I press Windows+Shift+S to open itI use it onceWindows+Shift+S wont workI go to task manager, and its stuck running in the background Screen Snipping processI gotta close the task manually to be able to use it, and always repeatThis keeps happening after clean reinstalls...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Snipping tool stops working after 1 snip

Windows 10 Screen Snipping tool stops working after 1 snip: I press Windows+Shift+S to open itI use it onceWindows+Shift+S wont workI go to task manager, and its stuck running in the background Screen Snipping processI gotta close the task manually to be able to use it, and always repeatThis keeps happening after clean reinstalls...
  8. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool shortcut stops working.: Hi friends!I absolutely love using the windows+shift+s shortcut to take quick screenshots of things, but after a while the shortcut completely stops working, I've checked multiple things to try fix it but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's...
  9. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

Snipping tool shortcut stops working.: Hi friends!I absolutely love using the windows+shift+s shortcut to take quick screenshots of things, but after a while the shortcut completely stops working, I've checked multiple things to try fix it but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's...
  10. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging