Windows 10: Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

Discus and support Snipping tool shortcut stops working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi friends!I absolutely love using the windows+shift+s shortcut to take quick screenshots of things, but after a while the shortcut completely stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ava-Marie, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Ava-Marie Win User

Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

Hi friends!I absolutely love using the windows+shift+s shortcut to take quick screenshots of things, but after a while the shortcut completely stops working, I've checked multiple things to try fix it but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's getting quite annoying having to constantly do this to fix it. My notifications for the app are on, and the clipboard history is also on. I've also tried restarting the app through the apps and features settings. But the only thing that works is uninstalling. Does anyone else know anything that could fix this?

:)

Ava-Marie, Jan 2, 2023

2. Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working

The Win + Shift + S snipping tool shortcut opens up the widget but does not save the snip or open the editor, however the snipping app itself works correctly when opened up. The registry correctly points to user pictures folder; I took these images
    and description of the problem
    using Win + PrtScn which works just fine. Suggestions would be appreciated as I'd rather not run extra 3rd party software to do something windows is supposed to do natively. Thanks!

Ophidahlia, Jan 2, 2023
  3. DSlater Win User
    Snipping tool not working

I'm trying to use the Snipping Tool (Windows+Shift+S) but when it opens up to let me select which part of the screen to select, it blanks out the entire screen so that there is nothing to select. I'm not sure when this stopped working since I do not use it very often. I'm using:

• Edition Windows 11 Pro
    • Version 21H2
    • Installed on ‎11/‎6/‎2021
    • OS build 22000.613
    • Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.613.0
    • The Snipping Tool shows version 11.2201.12.0
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

DSlater, Jan 2, 2023
  4. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 2, 2023
Thema:

Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

1. Snipping tool shortcut stops working. - Similar Threads - Snipping tool shortcut

2. Snipping Tool stops working after 1 snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool stops working after 1 snip: Hi!I use Snipping Tool for work every day and I found the other that suddenly has stopped working. What happens is it will only let me use it once to take 1 screenshot, and then it will refuse to take another one when I press Shift+Windows+S. What I have to do in order to be...
  3. Snipping Tool stops working after 1 snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool stops working after 1 snip: Hi!I use Snipping Tool for work every day and I found the other that suddenly has stopped working. What happens is it will only let me use it once to take 1 screenshot, and then it will refuse to take another one when I press Shift+Windows+S. What I have to do in order to be...
  4. Snipping tool randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool randomly stops working: Hello!Ever since I've got my PC, it's been having wierd issue where at times the win+shift+s shortcut and the snipping tool app iteslf just stop working. The app won't launch and the shortcut will not work. I thought it was a RAM issue as I only had 8 gb and frequently ran...
  5. Snipping tool randomly stops working

Snipping tool randomly stops working: Hello!Ever since I've got my PC, it's been having wierd issue where at times the win+shift+s shortcut and the snipping tool app iteslf just stop working. The app won't launch and the shortcut will not work. I thought it was a RAM issue as I only had 8 gb and frequently ran...
  6. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool shortcut stops working.: Hi friends!I absolutely love using the windows+shift+s shortcut to take quick screenshots of things, but after a while the shortcut completely stops working, I've checked multiple things to try fix it but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's...
  7. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snipping tool shortcut stops working.: Hi friends!I absolutely love using the windows+shift+s shortcut to take quick screenshots of things, but after a while the shortcut completely stops working, I've checked multiple things to try fix it but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's...
  8. Snip and Sketch tool has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip and Sketch tool has stopped working: I have been using Snip and Sketch daily since it first replaced the Snipping tool. A week or two ago it stopped working - r rather it works once in a session then stops working. Windows shift-S launches it the first time after restarting my PC and I can snip but after that...
  9. Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working

Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working: The Win + Shift + S snipping tool shortcut opens up the widget but does not save the snip or open the editor, however the snipping app itself works correctly when opened up. The registry correctly points to user pictures folder; I took these images and description of the...
  10. Shortcut Snipping tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut Snipping tool: I have a surface book 2. How can i assign the prtscn button to take a screenshot with the microsoft snipping tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-snipping-tool/4b4e09f7-4579-46eb-8995-aa5406b432b6