Windows 10: snipping tool shortcut not working after installing fancy zones

Discus and support snipping tool shortcut not working after installing fancy zones in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I use the snipping tool all the time and it helps optimize my performance drastically basically automating shortcuts for work. I got a third... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by aashkk, Nov 9, 2021.

1. aashkk Win User

snipping tool shortcut not working after installing fancy zones

So I use the snipping tool all the time and it helps optimize my performance drastically basically automating shortcuts for work. I got a third vertical monitor and installed Fancy Zones which basically created layouts for your screen but then I tried using the screen snipping tool and it doesn't work now. I tried searching everywhere but I think I am the first with this issue. I tried opening the app itself and clicking the winkey+shift+S and it doesn't work regardless. If anyone has the same problem and has solved it, I would appreciate any input. Thank you for being so helpful, stay safe.

:)

aashkk, Nov 9, 2021

2. Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working

The Win + Shift + S snipping tool shortcut opens up the widget but does not save the snip or open the editor, however the snipping app itself works correctly when opened up. The registry correctly points to user pictures folder; I took these images
    and description of the problem
    using Win + PrtScn which works just fine. Suggestions would be appreciated as I'd rather not run extra 3rd party software to do something windows is supposed to do natively. Thanks!

Ophidahlia, Nov 9, 2021
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Nov 9, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Snipping Tool Properties in Windows 10

Hi Missy,

The easiest way to make a copy of something is to take a snapshot of your screen by using the Snipping Tool. You can use it to save and share news stories, movie reviews, or recipes. To access the Properties and set a shortcut key for the Snipping Tool, you
    can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Snipping Tool.
    • Right-click on the Snipping Tool
      result, and click Open file location.
    • Right-click on the Snipping Tool shortcut, and click
      Properties

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 9, 2021
Thema:

1. snipping tool shortcut not working after installing fancy zones - Similar Threads - snipping tool shortcut

2. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool shortcut stops working.: Hi friends!I absolutely love using the windows+shift+s shortcut to take quick screenshots of things, but after a while the shortcut completely stops working, I've checked multiple things to try fix it but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's...
  3. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool shortcut stops working.: Hi friends!I absolutely love using the windows+shift+s shortcut to take quick screenshots of things, but after a while the shortcut completely stops working, I've checked multiple things to try fix it but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's...
  4. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Snap Assist and Fancy Zones not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap Assist and Fancy Zones not working: The Snap Assist feature built into Windows doesn't work as advertised when sizing a window down from 1/2 to 1/4.I downloaded PowerToys from the Microsoft Store and tried to implement Fancy Zones. I turned off Snap Assist, but to no avail. Zones appear on the screen, but...
  6. Snap Assist and Fancy Zones not working

Snap Assist and Fancy Zones not working: The Snap Assist feature built into Windows doesn't work as advertised when sizing a window down from 1/2 to 1/4.I downloaded PowerToys from the Microsoft Store and tried to implement Fancy Zones. I turned off Snap Assist, but to no avail. Zones appear on the screen, but...
  7. snipping tool shortcut not working after installing fancy zones

snipping tool shortcut not working after installing fancy zones: So I use the snipping tool all the time and it helps optimize my performance drastically basically automating shortcuts for work. I got a third vertical monitor and installed Fancy Zones which basically created layouts for your screen but then I tried using the screen...
  8. Power toys fancy zones loses zones after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power toys fancy zones loses zones after sleep: Whenever I come out of sleep mode, I have to drag the various Windows back into the zones that I originally set them in. Any solutions to this? Cheers submitted by /u/scrotimus-maximus [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working

Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working: The Win + Shift + S snipping tool shortcut opens up the widget but does not save the snip or open the editor, however the snipping app itself works correctly when opened up. The registry correctly points to user pictures folder; I took these images and description of the...
  10. Shortcut Snipping tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut Snipping tool: I have a surface book 2. How can i assign the prtscn button to take a screenshot with the microsoft snipping tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-snipping-tool/4b4e09f7-4579-46eb-8995-aa5406b432b6