Windows 10: Snipping tool failed on Win 11

Discus and support Snipping tool failed on Win 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My snipping tool does not work - when trying screen shots - I press PRT SCN and the options pop upI select rectangular mode and draw around the area... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steeboo, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Steeboo Win User

Snipping tool failed on Win 11

My snipping tool does not work - when trying screen shots - I press PRT SCN and the options pop upI select rectangular mode and draw around the area desired Screen no longer flashes or anything else - and screenshot is not takenWhen I run "snippingtool.exe" - Windows cannot find ...... windowsapps\snippingtool.exeI need a fix for this

:)

Steeboo, Nov 7, 2023

2. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 7, 2023
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Nov 7, 2023
  4. Bryant J. Win User

Snipping Tool WIN 11

I have a Windows 11 user who is unable to use the Snipping Tool .

The app will launch and she can snip the screen, then there is no preview of the snip and there is nothing in the Screen Shots Folder where they are set to be saved.

I have updated her PC to the latest version of Windows 11.

I have removed the App and downloaded again from the MS Store.

When I sign into her PC as myself (Domain Admin) the snipping tool works correctly.

I am convinced the issue is with the user profile.

I have limited access to the machine, but when it becomes available I plan to:

Run System File Check sfc/scannow

Check the users folder for any Temp folders and delete contents

Can you please suggest anything else for me to try?

Bryant J., Nov 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Snipping tool failed on Win 11 - Similar Threads - Snipping tool failed

2. snipping tools not working in win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snipping tools not working in win 11: I have check check with bellow stapes:1sfc /scannow,2chkdsk,3chkdsk/r4chkdsk/f5remove the all recent windows updates,6DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth7DISM /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth8DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth9Repair the Microsoft visual...
  3. snipping tools not working in win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snipping tools not working in win 11: I have check check with bellow stapes:1sfc /scannow,2chkdsk,3chkdsk/r4chkdsk/f5remove the all recent windows updates,6DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth7DISM /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth8DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth9Repair the Microsoft visual...
  4. snipping tools not working in win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snipping tools not working in win 11: snipping tools not working in windows 11, please help to fix this issue.I have check check with bellow stapes:1sfc /scannow,2chkdsk,3chkdsk/r4chkdsk/f5remove the all recent windows updates,6DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth7DISM /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth8DISM...
  5. snipping tools not working in win 11

snipping tools not working in win 11: snipping tools not working in windows 11, please help to fix this issue.I have check check with bellow stapes:1sfc /scannow,2chkdsk,3chkdsk/r4chkdsk/f5remove the all recent windows updates,6DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth7DISM /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth8DISM...
  6. Snipping tool failed on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool failed on Win 11: My snipping tool does not work - when trying screen shots - I press PRT SCN and the options pop upI select rectangular mode and draw around the area desired Screen no longer flashes or anything else - and screenshot is not takenWhen I run "snippingtool.exe" - Windows cannot...
  7. Snipping Tool WIN 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool WIN 11: I have a Windows 11 user who is unable to use the Snipping Tool .The app will launch and she can snip the screen, then there is no preview of the snip and there is nothing in the Screen Shots Folder where they are set to be saved.I have updated her PC to the latest version of...
  8. Snipping Tool WIN 11

Snipping Tool WIN 11: I have a Windows 11 user who is unable to use the Snipping Tool .The app will launch and she can snip the screen, then there is no preview of the snip and there is nothing in the Screen Shots Folder where they are set to be saved.I have updated her PC to the latest version of...
  9. Snipping tool will not print on Win 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool will not print on Win 11 22H2: We are having issues after we updated to Windows 11 Pro 22H2 where the snipping tool application will no longer print. The print dialog flickers on the screen and disappears after pressing the print button. I've tried reinstalling snipping tool, repairing the print dialog,...
  10. Snipping tool will not print on Win 11 22H2

Snipping tool will not print on Win 11 22H2: We are having issues after we updated to Windows 11 Pro 22H2 where the snipping tool application will no longer print. The print dialog flickers on the screen and disappears after pressing the print button. I've tried reinstalling snipping tool, repairing the print dialog,...