Windows 10: Since the last update I have lost everything on my desktop and other things

Discus and support Since the last update I have lost everything on my desktop and other things in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since there was an update on the 12/12/19 I think I have lost everything on my desk top and I don't like the way my computer is now. I have tried to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Marian O'Rourke, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Since the last update I have lost everything on my desktop and other things

Since there was an update on the 12/12/19 I think I have lost everything on my desk top and I don't like the way my computer is now. I have tried to recover it until a date before the update but it won't let me??

:)

Marian O'Rourke, Dec 17, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 7, 2020
  3. lost desktop and files

Hi Jon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have lost files after Windows 10 update. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below question.

• Did you face this issue after upgrading to Windows 10 from previous Windows?
    • Did you face this issue after updating in Windows 10?

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps finding your files.

After updating your PC to Windows 10, you may be having trouble finding your old files. Here are some things to try.

Refer: Find lost files after the update to Windows 10

Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Since the last update I have lost everything on my desktop and other things

Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Since the last update I have lost everything on my desktop and other things

1. Since the last update I have lost everything on my desktop and other things - Similar Threads - Since last update

2. since last update Windows 11 i have no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    since last update Windows 11 i have no sound: Have done all troubleshooting suggested and still no soundsnothing suggested worked. Looking for another suggestion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-last-update-windows-11-i-have-no-sound/aa985da8-6c27-4a1f-a51b-10242307f8f9
  3. Hello I have been seeing some unknown Things running since i last updated The windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello I have been seeing some unknown Things running since i last updated The windows: This Mpksl Was not their before suddenly something like this is showing in SYsinfo,I tried to google but many confusing things showed up.That is the reason I have been requesting to guide me with this specific topic along with one another ....Topic which the image is...
  4. Lost all desktop files, apps and photos since update of last night

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost all desktop files, apps and photos since update of last night: Hi, Need help with the following: There was an automatic update on my computer last night January 14th. The Update appears to be called "Quality Update" with a number of 107, not sure if it means 107 updates or other? All my desktop files, apps, pictures, shortcuts are...
  5. Since my last update I lost my sound. I've tried everything but no luck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Since my last update I lost my sound. I've tried everything but no luck: Since my last update I lost my sound. I've tried everything but no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-my-last-update-i-lost-my-sound-ive-tried/0eef69b5-c2ec-4b02-82c6-c2ad929ab897
  6. Since updating my laptop, my start menu and other things have been acting weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since updating my laptop, my start menu and other things have been acting weird: when I restarted my laptop for an update, I noticed that when I open my start menu and move my mouse around the menu icons start changing shade and the font goes from white to grey. The same issue happens in internet explorer where the text in the tabs become grey and hard to...
  7. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  8. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  9. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538
  10. Strange things happening since last upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things happening since last upgrade: My last upgrade was to Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Since then when my computer goes to sleep, on awakening the open windows are resized and moved about 60 to 70% of the time. This never happened before the upgrade. Personally I think it might be a hardware issue. I use...