Windows 10: Since my last update I lost my sound. I've tried everything but no luck

Discus and support Since my last update I lost my sound. I've tried everything but no luck in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since my last update I lost my sound. I've tried everything but no luck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Barry7881, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Barry7881 Win User

Since my last update I lost my sound. I've tried everything but no luck

:)

Barry7881, Aug 22, 2020
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Aug 22, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Since my last update I lost my sound. I've tried everything but no luck :p

cadaveca, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Since my last update I lost my sound. I've tried everything but no luck

Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Since my last update I lost my sound. I've tried everything but no luck - Similar Threads - Since last update

2. My HP Windows 10 I have tried everything with no luck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP Windows 10 I have tried everything with no luck: My HP pavilion Windows 10 has completly shut down and won't open the windows home page I have tried everything in the advanced options page with no luck it simply will no start, system repair, no luck I am using my mac to send this message and ask for help OS x10.11...
  3. My HP Windows 10 I have tried everything with no luck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP Windows 10 I have tried everything with no luck: My HP pavilion Windows 10 has completly shut down and won't open the windows home page I have tried everything in the advanced options page with no luck it simply will no start, system repair, no luck I am using my mac to send this message and ask for help OS x10.11...
  4. My HP Windows 10 I have tried everything with no luck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Various BSODs, tried everything, no luck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSODs, tried everything, no luck: Hello!I have randomly been getting BSODs for about a week now on my laptop ThinkPad E480. On some days, I don't get any, on some other days 5. The stopcodes I have seen is usually critical process died, kernel page error, unrecoverable error, and something about power.This...
  6. Sound problem and I've tried everything... help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem and I've tried everything... help: Just bought a new pc with windows 10, and plugged in my soundcard I'm a music producer and simply does not want to work with windows.All sounds work through the soundcard until I open up cubase, everything ceases including cubase and i get this error code on Groove...
  7. Sound problem and I've tried everything... help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problem and I've tried everything... help: Just bought a new pc with windows 10, and plugged in my soundcard I'm a music producer and simply does not want to work with windows.All sounds work through the soundcard until I open up cubase, everything ceases including cubase and i get this error code on Groove...
  8. I've lost my main monitor with the last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've lost my main monitor with the last update: I usually works with two monitors in my PC: One is HDMI and the other is VGA. With the last update, the HDMI is not recognized. The VGA is working, although its refresh rate has changed to 64 from 60Hz. Updates:...
  9. Windows update killed my sound. I've tried everything suggested and cannot get my sound to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update killed my sound. I've tried everything suggested and cannot get my sound to...: After the latest update on March 17th my audio doesn't work. I've tried all suggested fixes, nothing works. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-killed-my-sound-ive-tried/12552ece-1426-487c-b4bd-a5636a3be809
  10. Since the last update I have lost everything on my desktop and other things

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Since the last update I have lost everything on my desktop and other things: Since there was an update on the 12/12/19 I think I have lost everything on my desk top and I don't like the way my computer is now. I have tried to recover it until a date before the update but it won't let me??...