Windows 10: Sign-in is blocked Consecutively once I changed password .

Discus and support Sign-in is blocked Consecutively once I changed password . in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sign-in is blocked Consecutively once I changed password . I am running out of combination of my password as I can't reset it with old ones. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xpenpomv, Aug 12, 2024.

1. xpenpomv Win User

Sign-in is blocked Consecutively once I changed password .

Sign-in is blocked Consecutively once I changed password . I am running out of combination of my password as I can't reset it with old ones. Is there anyway to stop triggering this blocking machanism?

:)

xpenpomv, Aug 12, 2024
  2. James Win User

Changing sign-in password clue

Hello, Andy. It is completely possible to change your password hint on Windows 10 without going through all the “rigmarole *chuckle” of changing the password. Just do this: Step 1- On the search bar, type “Settings” then locate and click on “Accounts”. Step 2- On the left navigation pane, locate and click on “Sign- In Options”, then click on “Password”. Step 3- Type your current password/new password and the hint that you want to provide under “Password Hint”.

James, Aug 12, 2024
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 12, 2024
  4. Andy Kay Win User

Changing sign-in password clue

Thanks James. The system allowed me to change my security questions without changing my password, but not to change my password hint without changing my password, but it did easily allow me to change my password to the same password and then select a new hint. The reason I was reticent about changing my password is that the sign-in screen gives me this option after having mis-typed my password, but when I click on it I get the message "This feature requires removable media such as a USB flash drive. Please connect a USB flash drive and then try again."

Andy Kay, Aug 12, 2024
Thema:

1. Sign-in is blocked Consecutively once I changed password . - Similar Threads - Sign blocked Consecutively

2. Sign-in is blocked Consecutively once I changed password .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in is blocked Consecutively once I changed password .: Sign-in is blocked Consecutively once I changed password . I am running out of combination of my password as I can't reset it with old ones. Is there anyway to stop triggering this blocking machanism?...
  3. "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...: On my up-to-date Win 10 machine #1, I tried to set up a Local Account in addition to my MS account. I went thru the Command Prompt procedure #4 posted on the MakeUseOf website https://www.makeuseof.com/ways-to-create-local-user-account-windows. Something happened during that...
  4. "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...: On my up-to-date Win 10 machine #1, I tried to set up a Local Account in addition to my MS account. I went thru the Command Prompt procedure #4 posted on the MakeUseOf website https://www.makeuseof.com/ways-to-create-local-user-account-windows. Something happened during that...
  5. "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I am not able to change the sign in options to require password once the laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I am not able to change the sign in options to require password once the laptop goes to sleep: please help me with this note; I have windows 10 home single language version 1909 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-change-the-sign-in-options-to/4673332e-9a59-4aea-b722-3a8f387087af
  7. Changing the password at sign-in

Changing the password at sign-in: How do I reset/change my password at the very first page after I turn on the computer? As the only user of my computer, there is only one account. I have checked using help and found that I do not have a "local user and Group" listing in "Computer Management." Could there...
  8. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: This is on my work laptop which authenticates through the company domain. Windows Hello fingerprint authentication was working fine. i then changed my password on the domain (not through windows) and ever since the Windows Hello authentication gives me the message Your...
  9. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: I recently started using a USB fingerprint scanner on a Windows10 workgroup computer with local accounts. I configured the fingerprint and it worked, at some point I renamed the account using wmic (wmic useraccount where name='currentname' rename newname), I also changed the...
  10. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: I can not log in, I get the message "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello." Microsoft, please, repair your authentication protocol. It is unacceptable and...