Windows 10: Show flat jpg image as folder thumbnail/preview

Discus and support Show flat jpg image as folder thumbnail/preview in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am making a library of models & textures for architectural visualisation. It would be extremely useful if I could clearly view the contents of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ApostolosKazakis, Jul 4, 2024 at 10:22 AM.

1. Show flat jpg image as folder thumbnail/preview

I am making a library of models & textures for architectural visualisation. It would be extremely useful if I could clearly view the contents of folders. Right now, I turn on the "use extra large icons" and I manually choose a jpg from within the folder to use as a thumbnail.I works pretty well, but my problem is that the windows folders are setup in such a way that the thumbnail image is shown at a ~10 degree angle AND is partially covered by the folder icon on top see example bellow. My ideal solution would be to simply have a way to make the image thumbnail flat and not covered by t

:)

ApostolosKazakis, Jul 4, 2024 at 10:22 AM
  2. Clavius Win User

Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

3. faizfakhruddin, Jul 4, 2024 at 10:23 AM
  4. Show flat jpg image as folder thumbnail/preview

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Jul 4, 2024 at 10:23 AM
Thema:

Show flat jpg image as folder thumbnail/preview

1. Show flat jpg image as folder thumbnail/preview - Similar Threads - Show flat jpg

2. Show flat jpg image as folder thumbnail/preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show flat jpg image as folder thumbnail/preview: I am making a library of models & textures for architectural visualisation. It would be extremely useful if I could clearly view the contents of folders. Right now, I turn on the "use extra large icons" and I manually choose a jpg from within the folder to use as a...
  3. Show flat jpg image as folder thumbnail/preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show flat jpg image as folder thumbnail/preview: I am making a library of models & textures for architectural visualisation. It would be extremely useful if I could clearly view the contents of folders. Right now, I turn on the "use extra large icons" and I manually choose a jpg from within the folder to use as a...
  4. Image thumbnails not showing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image thumbnails not showing!: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, All the images preview "thumbnails" are broken in my Win10 pc https://preview.redd.it/nkmlmmu6xx161.png?width=463&format=png&auto=webp&s=65be032605918132d37458c5c79975ae1c8dc717 I didn't find many reporting this issue, except this post:...
  5. One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images: Hi Microsoft, Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ensure that your next Windows 10 update solves the problem of images not being previewed in One Drive folders. As a creative design agency, this is costing us a lot of time, not being able to preview images in file...
  6. Folder or image Thumbnails

Folder or image Thumbnails: Hi there, I want always to show icons and folders in tumbnail. Examples: Cntrol+shift+2 I press again and again. So I want always to show thumbnail type content in all folders. Thanks All COR Designer...
  7. Image thumbnails not showing

Image thumbnails not showing: Hello, The icons for my images are all screwed up in Windows 10: [ATTACH] I rebuilt the icon cache with these commands: ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A shutdown /r /f /t 00 This fixed another problem I...
  8. Image thumbnails not showing

Image thumbnails not showing: Hello, The icons for my images are all screwed up in Windows 10: [ATTACH] I rebuilt the icon cache with these commands: ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A shutdown /r /f /t 00 This fixed another problem I...
  9. JPG Thumbnails of vertical JPG images are displayed as horizontal imag

in Windows 10 Support
    JPG Thumbnails of vertical JPG images are displayed as horizontal imag: Suddenly, vertical JPG images show thumbnail images squeezed into horizontal thumbnail JPGs. RAW files are not affected and show vertical thumbnails as expected. I do have Sagethumbs installed, so that I can see JPG thumbnail images of PSD and TIFF files. No problems with...
  10. Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons: Hi: Since updating to Windows 10, whenever I open file folders to view jpgs, the files' thumbnails are a generic blue mountain icon instead of thumbnails of the images themselves. How do I get the icons to go back to being thumbnail images again? Is there a command or menu...