Windows 10: "show available networks" in my taskbar icon

Discus and support "show available networks" in my taskbar icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use to be able to see available networks from taskbar internet icon. But now I cannot. Anyone have suggestion for that? I can access thru settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by heathergk, May 8, 2020.

1. heathergk Win User

"show available networks" in my taskbar icon

I use to be able to see available networks from taskbar internet icon.

But now I cannot. Anyone have suggestion for that?

I can access thru settings but would like in taskbar icon.

Thank you - H

:)

heathergk, May 8, 2020

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, May 8, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 8, 2020
  4. Cyclelegs Win User

Available Networks Not Showing

My list of available wifi networks has suddenly stopped showing in windows 10. The list of networks is not showing when I click the system wifi icon in the notification bar. The list of networks does not show using 'show available networks' in Windows
    Settings. Windows Settings will crash if I go to the WiFi page and select 'Manage Known Networks'.

I am connected to the internet using my normal WiFi. I created a wlan report. It seems to show that the wlan is working fine. I can list the available networks using the cmd line 'netsh wlan show networks'. They all show up as they should.

So, it appears the hardware is working but some windows module has stopped working and providing the list of available networks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cyclelegs, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. "show available networks" in my taskbar icon - Similar Threads - show available networks

2. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown: When I try to troubleshoot all it says is to use Ethernet and nothing else but I can’t use Ethernet. When I go into the network and sharing centre to enable or disable things the only thing there to change is Ethernet not wireless connection. I know the antennas on my pc are...
  3. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown: When I try to troubleshoot all it says is to use Ethernet and nothing else but I can’t use Ethernet. When I go into the network and sharing centre to enable or disable things the only thing there to change is Ethernet not wireless connection. I know the antennas on my pc are...
  4. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network not showing as available.: New fibe modem installed. Win 10 laptop is not showing the available network. Other devices can connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-not-showing-as-available/44e4ca68-c7a4-444e-9f29-f87d76235e3f
  6. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network not showing as available.: New fibe modem installed. Win 10 laptop is not showing the available network. Other devices can connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-not-showing-as-available/44e4ca68-c7a4-444e-9f29-f87d76235e3f
  7. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Network icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network icon in taskbar: What file has the network icon in the taskbar in Windows 10. 1903? There is no Pnidui.dll file. John 138427
  9. Wifi icon not showing in Taskbar. Available wifi networks not showing up anything

Wifi icon not showing in Taskbar. Available wifi networks not showing up anything: Hello I have seen and tried all the posts related to this issue but none of them work. Is there any way or solution to fix this issue ?...
  10. Taskbar no network icon

Taskbar no network icon: Network and Sharing is the only plce I can see the list of detected networks. How do I get the the icon on the taskbar? Bill 43226