Windows 10: Should I upgrade to Windows 11, despite having problems with touchpad in the past.

Discus and support Should I upgrade to Windows 11, despite having problems with touchpad in the past. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My hp laptop, which though being supported to run windows 11, had many problems in the latest updates of windows 11 though i really can't pinpoint,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Haadijally, Oct 9, 2024 at 11:02 AM.

1. Should I upgrade to Windows 11, despite having problems with touchpad in the past.

My hp laptop, which though being supported to run windows 11, had many problems in the latest updates of windows 11 though i really can't pinpoint, which update was it. Currently, the touchpad driver for windows 11 is not available by hp for my laptop. My touchpad would randomly start to right click, every left click would suddenly turn to right click, the gestures would randomly stop working and touchpad use on browser edge and chrome would become a disaster. I tried everything; removing touchpad Synaptics drivers, reinstalling them from scratch, installing the oldest version, rolling bac

:)

2. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Oct 9, 2024 at 11:05 AM
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

4. nxavis9 Win User

Should I upgrade to Windows 11, despite having problems with touchpad in the past.

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

Thema:

Should I upgrade to Windows 11, despite having problems with touchpad in the past.

1. Should I upgrade to Windows 11, despite having problems with touchpad in the past. - Similar Threads - Should upgrade despite

2. Should I upgrade to Windows 11, despite having problems with touchpad in the past.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I upgrade to Windows 11, despite having problems with touchpad in the past.: My hp laptop, which though being supported to run windows 11, had many problems in the latest updates of windows 11 though i really can't pinpoint, which update was it. Currently, the touchpad driver for windows 11 is not available by hp for my laptop. My touchpad would...
  3. Should i upgrade to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i upgrade to windows 11?: here are my pc specs and it says it supports italso when i upgrade, will I get windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/ed9c3467-9432-41fc-a3f4-d192fc5971a7
  4. Should i upgrade to windows 11?

Should i upgrade to windows 11?: here are my pc specs and it says it supports italso when i upgrade, will I get windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/ed9c3467-9432-41fc-a3f4-d192fc5971a7
  5. Should I Upgrade to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I Upgrade to Windows 11?: Hi,Let us keep this short and sweet;I really like the look of Windows 11 and would like to upgrade to it but due to hardware problems, I cannot.However, it's just that my processor is i7 6500U. This shouldn't cause issues regarding sluggish response times, As it's very close...
  6. Should I Upgrade to Windows 11?

Should I Upgrade to Windows 11?: Hi,Let us keep this short and sweet;I really like the look of Windows 11 and would like to upgrade to it but due to hardware problems, I cannot.However, it's just that my processor is i7 6500U. This shouldn't cause issues regarding sluggish response times, As it's very close...
  7. Should I upgrade to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I upgrade to Windows 11?: I have been debating whever I should upgrade my laptop. I mostly use my secondary laptop for school work and research, and some games. Here are my specs:. 4 Core AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz 384KB L1 Cache, 2MB L2 Cache, 4MB L3 Cache. 8.00 GB RAM...
  8. Should I upgrade to Windows 11?

Should I upgrade to Windows 11?: I have been debating whever I should upgrade my laptop. I mostly use my secondary laptop for school work and research, and some games. Here are my specs:. 4 Core AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz 384KB L1 Cache, 2MB L2 Cache, 4MB L3 Cache. 8.00 GB RAM...
  9. I have a problem with windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with windows 11 upgrade: When I was checking for updates suddenly windows 11 showed up and then there is notice to check if my PC is compactible so I made my way to below link in which it showed up window is working on your upgrade or something and there link of “see minimum requirements” in which...
  10. I have a problem with windows 11 upgrade

I have a problem with windows 11 upgrade: When I was checking for updates suddenly windows 11 showed up and then there is notice to check if my PC is compactible so I made my way to below link in which it showed up window is working on your upgrade or something and there link of “see minimum requirements” in which...