Windows 10: Should I install Realtek HD Audio Drivers?

Discus and support Should I install Realtek HD Audio Drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have ASUS ROG TYTAN G30AB Gaming PC; and it came with Windows 8 along with Realtek HD audio drivers. The utility/driver works fine, however, I find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by asifakberali, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Should I install Realtek HD Audio Drivers?

I have ASUS ROG TYTAN G30AB Gaming PC; and it came with Windows 8 along with Realtek HD audio drivers. The utility/driver works fine, however, I find it giving too much watts to my Bose speakers. Sometimes, when I dial the controller, and tap to turn the speakers on; BaaaaaaaM! a crackling noise!

I have removed Realtek from Windows 10 Pro 20H2; and it's now in optional drivers. I have been testing things with generic Microsoft drivers, and the audio quality seems to be great. No funny noises when using front audio jack, watts are fine.

So, Realtek HD drivers should be installed or not? My fan is quiet too. I hate Realtek utility. Always popping up when front audio jack is used.

Let me know, please.

Thank you.

:)

asifakberali, Dec 23, 2020
  2. amaan07 Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

i didn't understand this step- 4. Install Realtek APO Driver through device manager, then using device manager update from Realtek APO Driver to the lastest offical realtek HD Audio
    which inf file i should choose when installing Realtel APO driver folder and there are many inf files in the Realtek official HD Audio. which file to choose?

amaan07, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

Should I install Realtek HD Audio Drivers?

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Should I install Realtek HD Audio Drivers?

1. Should I install Realtek HD Audio Drivers? - Similar Threads - Should install Realtek

2. Realtek HD audio driver does not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek HD audio driver does not install: Hi, Realtek HD audio driver from Intel did not work anymore. Downloaded new version, started Install, devices were deleted and had to restart laptop but does not finish the install. So, no device installed, no sound. Do you have a solution?...
  3. Realtek HD audio driver does not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek HD audio driver does not install: Hi, Realtek HD audio driver from Intel did not work anymore. Downloaded new version, started Install, devices were deleted and had to restart laptop but does not finish the install. So, no device installed, no sound. Do you have a solution?...
  4. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.: I don't like the Realtek drivers. I want them gone from my laptop. Here's what I've tried so far:Uninstall from Device Manager: But the Drivers get automatically re-installed somehow. I don't know why. Am I not allowed to choose my drivers?Remove permissions to the Realtek...
  5. Cannot install Realtek HD audio driver

Cannot install Realtek HD audio driver: I had a problem with the realtek driver before The microphone is not working and I have checked the microphone hardware Ids which is "MMDEVAPI\AudioEndpoints" so I tried to download the newer version and reinstall itHowever, after the uninstallation, the installer shows an...
  6. Realtek HD audio drivers not installing

Realtek HD audio drivers not installing: Hi there, i first came accross this issue two days ago when i was using my samsung monitor with headphones plugged into the monitor for the first time. It seems to have created audio drivers for itself that it uses to take the audio. However after this my realtek sound...
  7. Realtek HD Audio Driver Installation Issue

Realtek HD Audio Driver Installation Issue: Hello, Recently I wanted to switch my Realtek Audio drivers to Realtek High Definition Audio to get the enhancement tab. I downloaded the installer from realtek's website. When i first the file, it uninstalls my current drivers to replace them with the HD ones, then it...
  8. No realtek HD audio Driver

No realtek HD audio Driver: Hi, my new predator laptop running windows 10 pro doesnt have realtek hd audio, just Realtek audio. i cannot find realtek in my control panel. Even thou my headphones work in this laptop, they are not detected as headphones, just speakers....
  9. Unable to install RealTek audio drivers, Error message: Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure...

Unable to install RealTek audio drivers, Error message: Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure...: I had a recent issue with my audio driver and decided to uninstall and reinstall the Realtek HD audio driver. Upon trying to reinstall the driver I keep getting an error: Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure Error Code: 0xE0000246. I am stuck and would really appreciate any help....
  10. Unable to install Realtek HD audio drivers

Unable to install Realtek HD audio drivers: Any ideas on how to install Realtek audio drivers on my fresh Win 10 install? I assume the AMD High Definition Audio Device is from the GPU. I have NFI why I can't install any of the Realtek hd audio drivers I've tried. [img] Motherboard: Asrock B75M GPU: AMD R7 260x...