Windows 10: Sharing discs between computers on an ethernet home network

Discus and support Sharing discs between computers on an ethernet home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All the advice in "Support" is about sharing files.I have desktop Win11 with 6 discs and a laptop Win10 which I use when roaming for work. Both are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CVHorie, Jul 26, 2024.

1. CVHorie Win User

Sharing discs between computers on an ethernet home network

All the advice in "Support" is about sharing files.I have desktop Win11 with 6 discs and a laptop Win10 which I use when roaming for work. Both are attached to the home ethernet network. I want to share all the files on the discs on both computers for syncing and down/up-loading the relevant data for a task.At the moment, I can see only the Users folders, which I never use.How do I do this?Thank you

:)

CVHorie, Jul 26, 2024
  2. Try3 Win User

recognize ethernet ports for computer to computer network

I worked all this out for a Win7-WinXP direct ethernet computer-to-computer network and later amended it for a Win7-Win7 network. A step-by-step procedure for creating a two-computer Ethernet cable network - MSAForum You can use a crossover cable but do not have to. Doing this in Windows 10 is just about the same as doing it in Windows 7 but some diagrams look different & you have to look around for the equivalent settings in some cases. But I suggest you do yourself a favour and get a router so that it does all the hard work for you. Best of luck, Denis

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jul 26, 2024
  4. MJW77CA Win User

Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection.
    The local area network is no longer in the list of network connections and the other computer in my house has a green light on the ethernet port.
    I've used all the cmd.exe ipconfig steps suggested by websites. Flush dns, reset dns, etc. I've also used the network troubleshooter in windows10 which told me a problem was not found.
    Nothing seems to change the light back to green. Can someone help me find the problem so I can fix it?

MJW77CA, Jul 26, 2024
Thema:

1. Sharing discs between computers on an ethernet home network - Similar Threads - Sharing discs between

2. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  3. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  4. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File and folder Sharing on Ethernet Home Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File and folder Sharing on Ethernet Home Network: I am able to share files and folders.When I go to another computer and try to map a drive to the share that I created on the first computer I can't get past the Network Credentials prompt.I have setup the network credentials on all computers to be my username and the same...
  6. home networking wifi and ethernet computers

home networking wifi and ethernet computers: How do I home network and share a computer on wifi with one on ethernet, when they are on the same router? Looks like the easiest way is to make them both ethernet or wifi...
  7. Sharing Between Computers on Ethernet

Sharing Between Computers on Ethernet: I am baffled by how Windows 10 handles file sharing between computers these days. I remember the Homegroup option was a little wonky, but at least it worked. Here's the situation. I have my whole home wired with Cat 6 Ethernet. Every port is connected to one switch. Each...
  8. transfer files between computers on a home network

transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  9. transfer files between computers on a home network

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  10. Sharing between wired/wireless network at home

Sharing between wired/wireless network at home: Hey all, I've done a lot of searching for this but can't seem to find an answer (and maybe there isn't one!), but I am trying to have my new laptop (windows 10) appear in the Network tab on my desktop (also windows 10). The issue is my desktop is plugged in using ethernet...