Windows 10: sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

Discus and support sharing a printer over an ethernet connection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I need help getting my printer shared over an ethernet connection.I am very frustrated and feel like a dummie, I'm sure there are many who will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EdHaddad, Mar 5, 2022.

1. EdHaddad Win User

sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

Hello, I need help getting my printer shared over an ethernet connection.I am very frustrated and feel like a dummie, I'm sure there are many who will say why don't you do this, why are you messing around, however in the past windows version it seemed al this kid of stuff sharing a printer was easy, I feel that at this age of windows I should be able to say what I wanted to do and follow the directions.But now there are all the guides that are all different to do what should be a simple task.I would like some help, please

:)

EdHaddad, Mar 5, 2022

2. Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

Welcome to TenForums!

First, I would suggest installing the actual driver package from Brother. While the printer may work with the fairly generic drivers that come with Windows 10, I've always found that I get better results from the actual Brother drivers.

I have a rather old Brother printer so the exact steps may be a bit different from yours, but in my case when I install the drivers it will search the network for available printers and allow me to specify the printer that it finds. If it does not find a printer, it may ask you to initially setup the printer via a direct connection (USB), and then configure the printer for network use (WiFi).

In any case, the installation wizard should guide you through the steps.

hsehestedt, Mar 5, 2022
  3. Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

Yes, it should be possible to connect to a printer that is connected to the wireless network while the computer is connected via ethernet.

You just need to be sure that both the wireless network and the wired network are configured to be a part of the same logical network.

You may want to check the user guide for your printer. There should be a way to press a key combination on the printer or go through a menu to print a status page. You want to be sure that the printer is connecting to your network successfully.

Once that is done, you should be able to go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. If your printer does not show up in the list already, you should be able to select "Add a printer or scanner" to add that printer to the list.

EDIT: I should note that this is exactly how my older Brother printer is connected. It is connected using WiFi and my machines that use WiFi as well as those that use Ethernet can access it.

hsehestedt, Mar 5, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

sharing a printer over an ethernet connection [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

sharing a printer over an ethernet connection [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

1. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection - Similar Threads - sharing printer ethernet

2. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable: Objective? I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 computer to share it's wifi connection with another computer that is connected to it through an ethernet cable. Most instructions I've found on this topic tell you to get the wifi properties" > "sharing" tab. Although at that...
  3. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable: Objective? I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 computer to share it's wifi connection with another computer that is connected to it through an ethernet cable. Most instructions I've found on this topic tell you to get the wifi properties" > "sharing" tab. Although at that...
  4. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sharing a printer over an ethernet connection: Hello, I need help getting my printer shared over an ethernet connection.I am very frustrated and feel like a dummie, I'm sure there are many who will say why don't you do this, why are you messing around, however in the past windows version it seemed al this kid of stuff...
  6. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sharing a printer over an ethernet connection: Hello, I need help getting my printer shared over an ethernet connection.I am very frustrated and feel like a dummie, I'm sure there are many who will say why don't you do this, why are you messing around, however in the past windows version it seemed al this kid of stuff...
  7. Can no longer share wifi connection over ethernet to other PC

Can no longer share wifi connection over ethernet to other PC: Hello I'm hoping someone can kindly help me. I have a temporary setup where my laptop, which can connect to WiFi, shares its internet connection with my desktop over an ordinary ethernet cable plugged directly into both computers. This is my only way to have internet on...
  8. Using Wi-Fi. Need to share this connection over ethernet.

Using Wi-Fi. Need to share this connection over ethernet.: NOTE: I do not have physical access to the modem/router that broadcasts the WI-FI I am using. The laptop I am using is connected to the internet over wi-fi. I have a PC that does not have wi-fi capability. I have a switch so I can connect my laptop to the PC over ethernet....
  9. Trouble sharing drives over ethernet

Trouble sharing drives over ethernet: I am trying to share hard drives between my desktop and laptop, which are connected directly with an ethernet cable. I can see and access hard drives connected to my desktop from my laptop, but I can't view drives connected to my laptop on my desktop. I've followed all the...
  10. Share internet connection over ethernet card

Share internet connection over ethernet card: Hello I have two Windows 10 (updated) PCs. One of them (PC 0) is connected to the internet and has straight public IP address set to its ethernet card (NIC 0). This PC 0 has another ethernet card (NIC 1) and NIC 1 is connected to another win10 PC (PC 1). How can I share...