Windows 10: Share Data Between the two Computers

Discus and support Share Data Between the two Computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between the two computers \ I have two computers on a private network. I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoyMason1Roy, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Share Data Between the two Computers

I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between the two computers \

I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between them. Some times I can see both computers and sometimes I cant.

[Original Title: Roy]

I

:)

RoyMason1Roy, Apr 13, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Share Data Between the two Computers partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Apr 13, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Share Data Between the two Computers

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Share Data Between the two Computers

1. Share Data Between the two Computers - Similar Threads - Share Data Between

2. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  3. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  4. File sharing between two computers speed is limited.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing between two computers speed is limited.: Alright. So I've gone through 2 or 3 hours of troubleshooting now. I'm using the basic sharing system embedded in windows 10 to share files between my main computer and a PC I set up across the house for backups. Both are capable of gigabit speeds and connected through...
  5. Sharing Files Between Two Workstations.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing Files Between Two Workstations.: Hello, I need a solution to share files between two Windows 10 machines. Requirements Ease of use, easy to drag-drop/save files into shared folder Good security and must keep both devices separate No wired connection If anybody has any suggestions, links/resources or...
  6. Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers: I have 2 computers 1 for school and the other for personal use when I download/put things on my desktop on my personal computer, they appear on my school computer whenever I next use it. How can I stop this from happening....
  7. Sharing information between two laptops

Sharing information between two laptops: Hello, There are two laptops in different rooms. Can I share information between them? If so, how? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-information-between-two-laptops/e0607e52-68af-4786-8fbf-e9a712d40e43
  8. sharing between computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sharing between computers: when I create a shortcut on one desktop it then appears on all my desktops. It's driving me crazy, how do I turn this feature off submitted by /u/surfer812 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ek7w2b/sharing_between_computers/
  9. How to share files between two computers over the network?

How to share files between two computers over the network?: What is Network permissions, I am trying to connect two computers together over the network and receive this message unable to connect ,to ... see your network adiministrator for network permission. ***Modified title from: Networkimg , permission ***...
  10. Transferring data between two computers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring data between two computers.: Hello, I have recently bought a new laptop and I want to transfer all the data from my Personal Computer to laptop. Which option should I use, disk image or clone creator? Is transferring all the data in order to make my laptop the same as my computer even possible? Both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SHARE DATA BETWEEN 2 COMPUTERS