Windows 10: SFC /scannow with corrupted files

Discus and support SFC /scannow with corrupted files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Roomies, After a clean install and running Win 10-pro-64-10586.36 I'm getting this error. [img] Any quick help will be appreciated. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ered, Jan 9, 2016.

1. ered Win User

SFC /scannow with corrupted files

Hi Roomies,

After a clean install and running Win 10-pro-64-10586.36 I'm getting this error.

SFC /scannow with corrupted files [​IMG]

Any quick help will be appreciated. I don't know what other test or fixer to run.

Thank you.

:)

ered, Jan 9, 2016

2. sfc/scannow corrupt file

This is because the system has corrupt files and is partially able to repair some of them. Here is a snip from the log:

0000608e [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\IMEJP\IMJPPRED.DLL from store

2017-12-02 16:54:25, Info CSI 00006090 [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\IMETC\IMTCTIP.dll from store

2017-12-02 16:54:25, Info CSI 00006092 [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\IME\IMEJP\IMJPSET.EXE from store

2017-12-02 16:54:26, Info CSI 00006094 [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\IMEKR\imkrapi.dll from store

2017-12-02 16:54:26, Info CSI 00006096 [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\IME\IMEJP\IMJPLMP.DLL from store

2017-12-02 16:54:26, Info CSI 00006098 [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\IMEJP\imjpuexc.exe from store

2017-12-02 16:54:26, Info CSI 0000609a [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\IMEJP\IMJPTIP.DLL from store

2017-12-02 16:54:26, Info CSI 0000609c [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\IME\IMEJP\APPLETS\IMJPSKF.DLL from store

2017-12-02 16:54:26, Info CSI 0000609e [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\IME\IMEJP\DICTS\IMJPZP.DIC from store

2017-12-02 16:54:26, Info CSI 000060a0 [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\IMEJP\imjputyc.dll from store

2017-12-02 16:54:26, Info CSI 000060a2 [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\IME\IMEKR\APPLETS\imkrcac.dll from store

2017-12-02 16:54:26, Info CSI 000060a4 [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\IMEKR\DICTS\imkrhjd.dll from store

2017-12-02 16:54:26, Info CSI 000060a5 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file...

I suggest doing a repair install, as some system files are missing:

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2016/06/how-to-...

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair...

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 9, 2016
  3. Berkkarakas, Jan 9, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 9, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Did you run SFC then reboot and run it a second time?
    Sometimes it can take 2-3 times to repair.

Cliff S, Jan 9, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Where did you get the ISO files from ?
    Media Creation Tool (MCT), or Tech Bench ?

My method requires you to have an iso downloaded from Tech Bench.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Once you have it downloaded from Tech Bench, right click at it > click Mount > leave it there.
    Now go back to your elevated command prompt, at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this command line......................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...-10-image.html

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Jan 9, 2016
  7. ered Win User
    Hi Roomies,
    @Brink, I did but the sfcdetails.txt was empty that is why you are not getting a log *Sad sorry.
    @Cliff S, I only did it once.
    @davidhk, I did all, and it repairs the corrupted files. I rebooted and did a sfc /scannow again and it showed corrupted file again.*Sad
    So, I reboot it again and will see if anything happens or if my PC shutdowns automatically. My setup is NOT TO turn off the monitor or pc.

But if that is the case, I'm mentally ready to reformat my SSD and try it again!!

Which win 10 should I use for a clean install? Tech or MCT?

Thank you all

8. OldMike65 Win User

OldMike65, Jan 10, 2016
  9. ered Win User
    @OldMike65, OK, I will do that and starting with step 4-6 ( To Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an ISO file) I will report once it is done.

Thanks

10. OldMike65 Win User
    Hope everything turns out ok for you ered!! *Smile

OldMike65, Jan 10, 2016
  11. ered Win User
    @OldMike65, I just got a Kennel critical error and the PC rebooted. So, I'm doing a reformat with parted magic ssd and clean install with the TEch versions I DL 1 hour ago.

12. Word Man Win User
    You've made a good choice in getting the Tech Bench version (as davidhk suggested) rather than the MCT version. The TB version is more covenient and directly effective for any future DISM /source repairs you may do.

Doing a clean install, you do have the option to delete all partitions within the install (have a close look at step 10 in Brink's tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html ). No need to reformat beforehand if you use that route.

Word Man, Jan 10, 2016
  13. ered Win User

Why am I getting Bad System Config Info?? The only thing I did was reformat my SSD with parted Magic twice. !!
    ok, I also did get a bad page error and it rebooted and I was able to create my Acct and I'm on the desktop.

I need to take a nap before work, so I will leave my pc on while it get all needed updates and I will report back in some hours.

Thanks everyone.....

PS: I just want a smooth Win 10 pro 64 bit running and not crashing!!*Cool

14. Saltgrass Win User
    Every now and then the system will have files which will show an SFC problem. The chances are low that particular file is effecting your system. I once had a Dell system where Dell had modified the file and messed up but that file would always show not being correct. Of course the message doesn't mean a file is corrupted but for some reason it will not check as the correct file. Windows 8 thru 8.1 had one which was related to a printer install even though that printer was not installed.

If you run the suggested command to obtain the SFCdetails.txt, it will show as empty if you mistype the command. Copy and paste the command below in an Administrative command prompt. When it is done, look near the bottom of the text file on your desktop and see what file/s are indicated as "cannot repair member file"

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

If it is the opencl.dll file, you can ignore it or you can repair it if you want.

Saltgrass, Jan 10, 2016
  15. ered Win User
    Ok, I have win 10 pro running and I was able to get some logs files. I will post and wait for further notice. I will be here all day to try to get it to work. The ONLY programs installed are Samsung SSD magician and MSI(motherboard Liveupdate).

SFC /scannow with corrupted files [​IMG]

Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log
    ---------------------------
    Last successful boot time: ‎1/‎12/‎2016 7:53:42 AM (GMT)
    Number of repair attempts: 1

Session details
    System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0
    Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS
    AutoChk Run = 0
    Number of root causes = 1

Test Performed:
    Name: Check for updates
    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0
    Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: System disk test
    Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: Disk failure diagnosis
    Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: Disk metadata test
    Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: Target OS test
    Time taken = 297 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: Volume content check
    Time taken = 47 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: Boot manager diagnosis
    Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: System boot log diagnosis
    Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: Event log diagnosis
    Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: Internal state check
    Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: Boot status test
    Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: Setup state check
    Time taken = 62 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: Registry hives test
    Time taken = 782 ms

Test Performed:
    Name: Windows boot log diagnosis
    Time taken = 0 ms

Root cause found:
    Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys is corrupt.

Repair action: File repair
    Result: Failed. Error code = 0x490
    Time taken = 1360 ms

Thema:

1. SFC /scannow with corrupted files - Similar Threads - SFC scannow corrupted

2. sfc scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc scannow found corrupt files: Recently, after a forced Windows updateA bios update, windows made it mandatory for some reason. My games started to have weird stuttering, so I wondered if the update broke something, I ran sfc scannow and it says it found corrupted files and fixed the issue, should I be...
  3. sfc scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc scannow found corrupt files: Recently, after a forced Windows updateA bios update, windows made it mandatory for some reason. My games started to have weird stuttering, so I wondered if the update broke something, I ran sfc scannow and it says it found corrupted files and fixed the issue, should I be...
  4. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow: this is from the CBS log file.Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files x86\ is owned twice or has its security set twice Original owner: Microsoft-Windows-shell32, version 10.0.19041.3570, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} New owner:...
  5. Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?: I was trying to scan my PC by Command Prompt using sfc /scannow and got hit by the message that Windows unfortunately cannot fix my corrupt file. I've tried everything to fix that by using all the combination of CHKDSK & DISM prompt, installing third party app like MiniTool...
  6. SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.: Hello, computer games keep randomly crashing and computer gets BSOD a lot, this is a new build. I ran SFC/scannow and it said there was corrupted files, is there somewhere I can send the report to? I would prefer not to take it to a shop, but will if I have to....
  7. sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Good evening, How to fix corrupt files that could not be repaired with sfc tool? I executed DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and gave me this error: "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...
  8. How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files: Hello, Being a novice with computers I thought to ask you all before I try something which may make things worse. I've neglected to tun SFC Scannow for a while and I've now fun it a few times as Administrator. I got the "Some corrupted files could not be fixed" result. The...
  9. sfc /scannow shows corrupted file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow shows corrupted file: I've run SFC /scannow from both inside Win 10 admin command prompt and SFC scan from Safe Mode, I've also run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and still show corrupted files here's several sample from the SFC log file 2019-10-19 13:03:25, Info...
  10. "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction": Hi, So on May 16,2018, my ASUS-ROG GL553VD 15" laptop with the "OS" on an additional SSD-(C*Smile and personal files on the original mechanical HDD-(D*Smile was "Auto Upgraded" to the latest version of Windows 10. I received Version 1803 Build 17134.48 64-bit Home which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\IMETC\\IMTCLNWZ.EXE; source file in store is also corrupted