Windows 10: SFC Scannow is not working

Discus and support SFC Scannow is not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to enter the SFC Scannow command in command prompt it returns with "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service". What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anthony Magadan, Dec 7, 2023.

1. SFC Scannow is not working

When I try to enter the SFC Scannow command in command prompt it returns with "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service". What would I do to fix this?I am also limited as Everytime I restart my PC it sends me to the automatic repair screen.

:)

Anthony Magadan, Dec 7, 2023

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Dec 7, 2023
  3. santdam Win User
    Sfc/scannow not working

I did the steps and I have received the file on my desktop but upon opening there is nothing there like not one letter that I can see , I did all the steps correctly and I have ran sfc/scannow before
    So it should be there right?*Huh

santdam, Dec 7, 2023
  4. SFC Scannow is not working

SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

can you (Mindweaver) give me an answer and sfc/purge cache isn't starting up..

ELiTRiGG3R, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

SFC Scannow is not working

1. SFC Scannow is not working - Similar Threads - SFC Scannow working

2. Sfc /scannow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sfc /scannow not working: Does anyone know why when i try to run a sfc /scannow, it doesnt do anything and after a few seconds the cmd prompt closes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-not-working/1da8c512-d5a8-4e66-a50e-d18ecf5398ae
  3. Sfc /scannow not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sfc /scannow not working: Does anyone know why when i try to run a sfc /scannow, it doesnt do anything and after a few seconds the cmd prompt closes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-not-working/1da8c512-d5a8-4e66-a50e-d18ecf5398ae
  4. SFC scannow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scannow not working: As some background, my laptop's been having problems for a while now. These problems include-- Being unable to install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 Install error - 0x8007371b- Being unable to install Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for...
  5. SFC Scannow is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC Scannow is not working: When I try to enter the SFC Scannow command in command prompt it returns with "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service". What would I do to fix this?I am also limited as Everytime I restart my PC it sends me to the automatic repair screen....
  6. sfc /scannow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow not working: Hello! Ive been facing this issue where "sfc /scannow" isnt working, whenever i try the command, i get "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." also, i tried DISM commands. The first "CheckHealth" didnt do anything, The second "ScanHealth" stopped at...
  7. “sfc /scannow” not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “sfc /scannow” not working: I tried to use “sfc/scannow” but it says that “windows resource protection could not start the repair service” is there any way I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-not-working/771a79b6-4c06-4790-be20-8943b556c669
  8. sfc/scannow Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sfc/scannow Not Working: Hello! I've been having an issue with a few programs not running correctly. They included Steam, Github, and Easy AntiCheat. A while ago, I got an error code that read "0xC0000006" without the quotes. My understanding of this error is that it is caused by a problem with the...
  9. Sfc scannow not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sfc scannow not working: My PC isn't working well recently, so i used the sfc /scannow command on command prompt. But it just got this error "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation." Any help is appreciated about this...
  10. Sfc/scannow not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc/scannow not working: After running the scan I got an error saying that it was unable to fix corrupt files and after running dism component cleanup and restore health no change Should I restart? will that effect anything?*Think 23533