Windows 10: Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10

Discus and support Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Several 5-7years ago I bought a new Dell pc latitude 3550 with win7 and it was upgraded it to win 10. The pc has had no problems for 5 years until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ed Wall, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Ed Wall Win User

Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10

Several 5-7years ago I bought a new Dell pc latitude 3550 with win7 and it was upgraded it to win 10. The pc has had no problems for 5 years until today when Microsoft upgraded the pc. After they restarted it, it opened up with windows 7 and won't accept my windows password. I don't have a password for windows 7 from 5 years ago! How do I get my desktop win 10 back?

:)

Ed Wall, Feb 24, 2023

2. Can not be used under Windows 10 integrated webcam on Dell Latitude 3550

Can not be used under Windows 10 integrated webcam on Dell Latitude 3550. Help.

Tudorel-VictorChifan, Feb 24, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade says my Dell Latitude E6520 is Upgradable but it's on the list

I guess the title says it all. It's a Dell Latitude E6520 with Win 7 Pro. The Win 10 Update App said that upgrade would be OK though this model is not on the tested-Dell-Models list.

Ahmed F Hosny at Handa, Feb 24, 2023
  4. Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10

No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

Hello,My laptop (Dell Latitude E5430) was working perfectly till yesterday. But yesterday night, it restarted on its own and ever since, it's stuck at this screen:

Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10 325596d1617341188t-no-drive-found-my-internal-hard-disk-dell-latitude-e5430-image.png

Also, inside the BIOS, no UEFI bootable hard disk drive is being listed.

Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10 325602d1617343301t-no-drive-found-my-internal-hard-disk-dell-latitude-e5430-image.jpg

The UEFI flash disk option shown above is that of my bootable pen drive with Windows 10 installation copy.I googled this issue a bit and the results were as follows:
    1. one thread suggested that I should run Dell's internal diagnostics to see if there anything wrong with hard disk. I did that but every component, including the hard disk one, passed these internal test.
      Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10 325599d1617342961t-no-drive-found-my-internal-hard-disk-dell-latitude-e5430-image.png
    2. a second thread suggested that I should try to remove and reseat the hard disk. I did that following Dell's user manual.
    3. another thread suggested that I should reinstall my windows 10 afresh. But when I try to do so, the windows installation wizard doesn't list any drive in the hard disk. It's as if it doesn't detect hard disk at all.
      Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10 325601d1617343217t-no-drive-found-my-internal-hard-disk-dell-latitude-e5430-image.png
    In a nutshell, while the hard disk is being detected, but none of its drives is. However, the hard disk consisted of 3 drives:
    1. C: with the windows' and applications' installations,
    2. D: with all of my data,
    3. E: which was recovery drive.
    Any troubleshooting suggestions?I'm sorry I am not able to help you guys with any logs and stuff because I don't know how to get them when I can't get my Windows to boot. I'm not even sure if this is the correct section where I should be posting this thread.. I'm just so confused right now. *cry

A few weeks ago, I had upgraded (not fresh installation) from windows 10 version 1607 to 20H2. The version 1607 installation was a clean one (from scratch, after formatting the hard disk and creating new partitions).

Ten64BitUser, Feb 24, 2023
Thema:

Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10

1. Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10 - Similar Threads - Several years ago

2. Dell Latitude 7390

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude 7390: My laptop does not boot, if it does it shows some random screen and says date and time not set and when i try to set it, it does not work. Somehow after the laptop boots up it lags and shuts down on its own. The keyboard of the laptop does not work, so i have to use an...
  3. Dell Latitude 7390

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Latitude 7390: My laptop does not boot, if it does it shows some random screen and says date and time not set and when i try to set it, it does not work. Somehow after the laptop boots up it lags and shuts down on its own. The keyboard of the laptop does not work, so i have to use an...
  4. Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10

Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10: Several 5-7years ago I bought a new Dell pc latitude 3550 with win7 and it was upgraded it to win 10. The pc has had no problems for 5 years until today when Microsoft upgraded the pc. After they restarted it, it opened up with windows 7 and won't accept my windows password....
  5. Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10: Several 5-7years ago I bought a new Dell pc latitude 3550 with win7 and it was upgraded it to win 10. The pc has had no problems for 5 years until today when Microsoft upgraded the pc. After they restarted it, it opened up with windows 7 and won't accept my windows password....
  6. My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded...

My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded...: My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded to win 10 for free, I cannot find the win 10 files, can anyone help me get back to win 10. Thanks. Dell Inspiron 17R...
  7. My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded...: My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded to win 10 for free, I cannot find the win 10 files, can anyone help me get back to win 10. Thanks. Dell Inspiron 17R...
  8. Dell latitude e7470

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell latitude e7470: I bought 2 dell latitude e7470 broken screen no hdd no ssd . Guess no os I got os recovery downloading windows 7 pro 64 from dell but will it work I'm planning on plugging usb in . Then f12 I believe. Not sure I'm a noob. Any help thank you for your time . Plus one e7470 on...
  9. Dell latitude e7470

Dell latitude e7470: I bought 2 dell latitude e7470 broken screen no hdd no ssd . Guess no os I got os recovery downloading windows 7 pro 64 from dell but will it work I'm planning on plugging usb in . Then f12 I believe. Not sure I'm a noob. Any help thank you for your time . Plus one e7470 on...
  10. upgrade Dell Latitude 3520 to windows 11

upgrade Dell Latitude 3520 to windows 11: Hello everyone!I've a strange behaviour installing new notebooks Dell Latitude 3520 7D36T- identical configuration. After installing all new drivers, dell bios updates usingDell command & update and microsoft patches only one of the two notebooks starts upgrading to windows...