Windows 10: Several problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition

Discus and support Several problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,My first problem is that i run powershell with admin rights and ran chkdsk f: /f /r . I thought it would restart pc after that but no, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DiegoPena3, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Several problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition

Hello,My first problem is that i run powershell with admin rights and ran chkdsk f: /f /r . I thought it would restart pc after that but no, just started running chkdsk until now, so i could access the disk. Now, after about 3 hours total progress is 0%, but in phase 2, is this normal? should i wait? HD is not SSD and with 3.63TB capacity. I made chkdsk previously with CMD and didnt take so long, maybe is slower cause didnt boot windows? Another problem is that the hard drive which made the windows boot was hit and cant be recovered. I had a SSD with the old windows partition, but dont know wh

:)

DiegoPena3, Apr 15, 2022
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Several problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Apr 15, 2022
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Apr 15, 2022
  4. Several problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition

hard drive partition problem

Hi Azhar,

We would like to know more information regarding your hard drive partition concern. For better assistance, kindly answer the following questions:

• Do you want to boot your computer from partition (DSeveral problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition :) or
      (ESeveral problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition :)
      ? If yes, are you encountering any issues with the default boot drive
      (CSeveral problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition :)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

Several problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition

1. Several problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition - Similar Threads - Several problems hard

2. Several EFI partition but only one working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several EFI partition but only one working: Hello, I will try to explain my problem as concisely as possible.My OS is currently installed on an nvmE drive disk 0 , but I also have another nvmE which was previously my OS drive but is now an external drive disk 4.Probably because of badly done windows reinstallations I...
  3. Several EFI partition but only one working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several EFI partition but only one working: Hello, I will try to explain my problem as concisely as possible.My OS is currently installed on an nvmE drive disk 0 , but I also have another nvmE which was previously my OS drive but is now an external drive disk 4.Probably because of badly done windows reinstallations I...
  4. can I safely assign a drive letter to an EFI partition to run a chkdsk on that partition on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I safely assign a drive letter to an EFI partition to run a chkdsk on that partition on...: I have a backup image creation program that gets an error when I try to create an image:Cluster Run Error: Cluster Run Short - Error - 21, and it want me to run a chkdsk /r. I did and it didn't help. I contacted the software company, and they said I have a FAT32 partition EFI...
  5. can I safely assign a drive letter to an EFI partition to run a chkdsk on that partition on...

can I safely assign a drive letter to an EFI partition to run a chkdsk on that partition on...: I have a backup image creation program that gets an error when I try to create an image:Cluster Run Error: Cluster Run Short - Error - 21, and it want me to run a chkdsk /r. I did and it didn't help. I contacted the software company, and they said I have a FAT32 partition EFI...
  6. Several problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Several problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition: Hello,My first problem is that i run powershell with admin rights and ran chkdsk f: /f /r . I thought it would restart pc after that but no, just started running chkdsk until now, so i could access the disk. Now, after about 3 hours total progress is 0%, but in phase 2, is...
  7. Several problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition

Several problems with hard drives, with CHKDSK and EFI partition: Hello,My first problem is that i run powershell with admin rights and ran chkdsk f: /f /r . I thought it would restart pc after that but no, just started running chkdsk until now, so i could access the disk. Now, after about 3 hours total progress is 0%, but in phase 2, is...
  8. Hard drive partitions Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive partitions Problem: In windows 10, I used Disk Management to partition my main hard drive , Disk 0, into 4 partitions. The problem is Windows C: is full and the other partitions are empty. I would like to get rid of the two partitions that I made, but can't, when I right click the partition, all...
  9. hard drive failed and the efi partition was deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    hard drive failed and the efi partition was deleted: the hard drive in my pc failed yesterday i managed to get almost everything back but the efi partition is lost so i can't boot into windows 10 is there anyway i can recreate it?? i use a gpt motherboard 121529
  10. Problem EFI partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem EFI partition: So I just bought a new PC that came without an SSD. I placed one in it and installed the OS on it. I have two other drives on the system as well. The 2TB HDD that came with the PC and a 1TB external HDD connected through USB. I'm trying to clear the 2TB completely to use for...