Windows 10: Setup parental controls on Daughters' laptop under old closed account, can no longer remove...

Discus and support Setup parental controls on Daughters' laptop under old closed account, can no longer remove... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, so I am having a problem with parental controls on my daughters account. We initially set them up when she was 13, she is now 17 and we want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BBoscoe, Aug 18, 2024.

1. BBoscoe Win User

Setup parental controls on Daughters' laptop under old closed account, can no longer remove...

Hi there, so I am having a problem with parental controls on my daughters account. We initially set them up when she was 13, she is now 17 and we want to remove them however I am having trouble doing that. The account that I used to initially setup the parental controls as part of My Family is no longer active. On my daughters account it says she isn't part of a family - so we have tried inviting her to a new family and setting up a lack of parental controls that way, that didn't work, we have changed her date of birth to be over 18, didn't work. I am not sure how to get around it. She is us

:)

BBoscoe, Aug 18, 2024

2. removing parental controls

Hi Rozzy,

Parental Control set limits to other user accounts. To remove parental control, click on the article and follow the steps:

How do I turn off family features?

Let us know if you have other questions.

Martin Bar, Aug 18, 2024
  3. Parental controls stopping me using my phone

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

It sounds like your phone has inherited the parental controls from your daughter's school-managed Chromebook account. Here are steps to disable these controls and restore your phone to its previous state:

1. Disable Parental Controls via Google Play Store

If the parental controls were set through the Google Play Store, you can disable them as follows:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
    2. Tap the three-line menu icon at the top left corner.
    3. Select Settings.
    4. Tap Parental controls.
    5. Toggle the switch to Off.
    6. Enter your PIN if prompted. If you don't remember the PIN, you may need to clear the app's data:
      • Go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Storage > Clear Data.

2. Disable Parental Controls via Google Family Link

If the controls were set using Google Family Link, follow these steps:

1. Open the Family Link app on your device.
    2. Select your child's account.
    3. Tap Manage settings > Controls on Google Play.
    4. To turn off all parental controls, go back to Manage settings and tap Account info.
    5. Tap Stop supervision and confirm your choice.

3. Remove User Profile

If your phone has switched to your daughter's user profile, you can switch back to your profile or delete her profile:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Tap System > Multiple users.
    3. Select your profile or tap the user icon at the top of the screen to switch back to your profile.
    4. If you want to delete her profile, tap the user's name and then tap Delete user.

Additional Tips

• Ensure that your Google account is the primary account on the device. You can change the default Google account by removing the current one and adding it back.
    • If you encounter any issues, consult the device's manual or contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

By following these steps, you should be able to remove the parental controls and restore your phone to its previous state.

Please feel free to reach out if you require any additional assistance. I'm here to help!

Munkhbayar B., Aug 18, 2024
  4. Setup parental controls on Daughters' laptop under old closed account, can no longer remove...

Taking off parental controls of my daughters laptop

Hi

My daughter has a laptop she has had since she was 14 and when we first set it up I was put on as the admin so that any time she wanted to make changes to it I needed to log into my outlook account to allow it.

I also set up family notifications so that I saw the apps she was using and the time spent on line etc.

Now she is an adult I want to take these controls off and allow her control.

In the last couple of days for some reason every time she wants to access an app for the first time ( even if it has previously been used with no issue ) I get an email from Microsoft family asking me to authorise her using the app.

Although this does allow her to use this app it is a real pain and I really want to remove any need for anyone other than her to get involved.

I have tried to help her/me do what is needed to remove this but to no avail.

She is not listed on my Microsoft account under family and it doesn't look like I am listed as another user on her laptop.

Being in lockdown and not being able to have physical access to her laptop or take it into a repair shop is making it harder.

Is there something obvious I am missing here ?

Thanks in advance

Nigelboyle, Aug 18, 2024
Thema:

Setup parental controls on Daughters' laptop under old closed account, can no longer remove...

1. Setup parental controls on Daughters' laptop under old closed account, can no longer remove... - Similar Threads - Setup parental controls

2. Setup parental controls on Daughters' laptop under old closed account, can no longer remove...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup parental controls on Daughters' laptop under old closed account, can no longer remove...: Hi there, so I am having a problem with parental controls on my daughters account. We initially set them up when she was 13, she is now 17 and we want to remove them however I am having trouble doing that. The account that I used to initially setup the parental controls as...
  3. Remove parental control

Remove parental control: Hi!My dad made my mail back in 2011 or something, and ive had this mail for 12 years. Now the suddenly i cant do anything because it says it has parental control. This has never been a problem before. The email it says control my email is lost and cant be connected again. How...
  4. Remove parental control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove parental control: Hi!My dad made my mail back in 2011 or something, and ive had this mail for 12 years. Now the suddenly i cant do anything because it says it has parental control. This has never been a problem before. The email it says control my email is lost and cant be connected again. How...
  5. Forgot details for Parent Account, how to remove parental control?

Forgot details for Parent Account, how to remove parental control?: Hello,On one of our laptops with email id as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** whenever we try to print attachment from email it gives error"You’ll need to ask to use this site If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family.Ask now"We don't know...
  6. Forgot details for Parent Account, how to remove parental control?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot details for Parent Account, how to remove parental control?: Hello,On one of our laptops with email id as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** whenever we try to print attachment from email it gives error"You’ll need to ask to use this site If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family.Ask now"We don't know...
  7. Remove Parental Controls

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Parental Controls: I simply want to remove parental controls from my account. I have been on a chat for an hour with no success. Please tell me how to accomplish this. I have "clicked the three dots" as asked. I have clicked on "manage consent" as asked. it is a circle of events. Most recently...
  8. Remove Parental Controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Parental Controls: I simply want to remove parental controls from my account. I have been on a chat for an hour with no success. Please tell me how to accomplish this. I have "clicked the three dots" as asked. I have clicked on "manage consent" as asked. it is a circle of events. Most recently...
  9. Remove Parental Controls

10. Remove the parental control on my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove the parental control on my account: To start off I'm not fully read up on all the terms and sometimes I may repeat myself but it's because english isn't my first language and explaining is really difficult. Now to my problem, basically I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and I am trying to play it with my...