Windows 10: Settings search box not working in Windows 10

Discus and support Settings search box not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't type anything into my settings search in Windows 10, the cursor just blinks there and no words are entering in even though I am typing. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Monique_20, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Settings search box not working in Windows 10

I can't type anything into my settings search in Windows 10, the cursor just blinks there and no words are entering in even though I am typing. Please help!

:)

Monique_20, Jan 20, 2022

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Change search box settings windows 10

> Is there any way to change the Windows search box, to right of address bar, settings for Windows 10? It no longer spell checks and no longer does a general word nor phrase search properly. The search results are always we could not find it. If the
    search box gives an extremely short list of suggestions, then when the suggestion is clicked the response is again, we could not find what you are looking for.

- - - -

That search box uses your default search provider. Are you generally unhappy with that search provider? Have you tried others?

Don

Don Varnau, Jan 20, 2022
  4. JohnHeinz Win User

Settings search box not working in Windows 10

Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Settings search box not working in Windows 10

1. Settings search box not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Settings search box

2. windows 10 search box is not working

in Cortana
    windows 10 search box is not working: hello.i hope y'all having a nice day, so i've get an issue with windows search box, whenever i press the start button and try to search for something the search box is not even opening, i've ran the troubleshooter but it seems like it didn't find any issue. if anyone has any...
  3. windows 10 search box is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 search box is not working: hello.i hope y'all having a nice day, so i've get an issue with windows search box, whenever i press the start button and try to search for something the search box is not even opening, i've ran the troubleshooter but it seems like it didn't find any issue. if anyone has any...
  4. windows 10 search box is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Settings search box not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings search box not working in Windows 10: I can't type anything into my settings search in Windows 10, the cursor just blinks there and no words are entering in even though I am typing. Please help!...
  6. Settings search box not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings search box not working in Windows 10: I can't type anything into my settings search in Windows 10, the cursor just blinks there and no words are entering in even though I am typing. Please help!...
  7. Search box not working for Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search box not working for Windows 10: I've tried all Youtube tricks to restore the Search box option for Windows 10. Downloaded and install latest updates including Update Assistant but still doesn't work. Tried the Windows key + s, nothing... What's next?...
  8. Search boxes not working Windows 10.

Search boxes not working Windows 10.: When I click 'Windows Logo + E' I am taken here: [ATTACH] When I go to "One Drive > Pictures" I am taken here: [ATTACH] When I click "One Drive > Pictures" and open my "Saved Pictures" folder I am taken here: [ATTACH] The problem that I'm having is common to all...
  9. search box not working in Windows 10

in Cortana
    search box not working in Windows 10: I used to be able to type a question in the search box and get answers. For several weeks now, Instead of answers, I get a message that says " your inquiry is not available at this time" Can anyone help with step by step procedures for a fix, please....
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu, Settings & Search Box Not Working

Windows 10 Start Menu, Settings & Search Box Not Working: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home 32 bit, version 1803. When I try to access the start menu, use the search box or access any settings in Windows 10 nothing happens. I've tried restoring Windows, including a full reset and reinstall and the problem persists. I...