Windows 10: Setting up PIN

Discus and support Setting up PIN in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently reformatted my laptop and forgot to sign out of windows, now my recent PIN is no longer available due to change in security system, it said.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bianca valle, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Setting up PIN

I recently reformatted my laptop and forgot to sign out of windows, now my recent PIN is no longer available due to change in security system, it said. But whenever I try 'set up my PIN' the screen says my user profile cannot be loaded.

:)

bianca valle, Sep 23, 2023
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Sep 23, 2023
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Setting up PIN :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 23, 2023
  4. Setting up PIN

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 23, 2023
Thema:

Setting up PIN

1. Setting up PIN - Similar Threads - Setting PIN

2. When I try to log into my account it keeps on asking me to set up a pin but it is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to log into my account it keeps on asking me to set up a pin but it is not...: Every time I try to log into my account it asks me to set up a pin before I do, when I clack the button to set it up it sends me back to the start screen. I have tried everything I can think of to try to fix this but nothing works I cant even switch accounts or anything....
  3. When I try to log into my account it keeps on asking me to set up a pin but it is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to log into my account it keeps on asking me to set up a pin but it is not...: Every time I try to log into my account it asks me to set up a pin before I do, when I clack the button to set it up it sends me back to the start screen. I have tried everything I can think of to try to fix this but nothing works I cant even switch accounts or anything....
  4. Can’t login to Windows 10 PC because it wants to set up PIN. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login to Windows 10 PC because it wants to set up PIN. What to do?: Hey so I have had this problem for a bit but I was always able to login because I always made a new PIN and it didn’t work so it would let me in to my profile. But sum thing changed today and it is asking instead of making a new PIN, to install an app to allow the proses of...
  5. Can’t login to Windows 10 PC because it wants to set up PIN. What to do?

Can’t login to Windows 10 PC because it wants to set up PIN. What to do?: Hey so I have had this problem for a bit but I was always able to login because I always made a new PIN and it didn’t work so it would let me in to my profile. But sum thing changed today and it is asking instead of making a new PIN, to install an app to allow the proses of...
  6. Can’t login to Windows 10 PC because it wants to set up PIN. What to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Something happened and my pin isn’t available. It asks me to set up a new pin but when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and my pin isn’t available. It asks me to set up a new pin but when I...: When I click the set up new pin I go right back to home screen. It just loads a little then sends me back. I tried restarting my computer but it still doesn’t work....
  8. Something happened and my pin isn’t available. It asks me to set up a new pin but when I...

Something happened and my pin isn’t available. It asks me to set up a new pin but when I...: When I click the set up new pin I go right back to home screen. It just loads a little then sends me back. I tried restarting my computer but it still doesn’t work....
  9. windows 11 asking for a pin. pin already set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 asking for a pin. pin already set: According to my friend. She cannot boot the computer. She gets a prompt to enter the pin. It goes straight to a blue screen. I have read so many possible fixes for this and none works. One said this was a windows 11 problem. Is there correct information on the fix.She doesn't...
  10. windows 11 asking for a pin. pin already set

windows 11 asking for a pin. pin already set: According to my friend. She cannot boot the computer. She gets a prompt to enter the pin. It goes straight to a blue screen. I have read so many possible fixes for this and none works. One said this was a windows 11 problem. Is there correct information on the fix.She doesn't...