Windows 10: Set up my pin

Discus and support Set up my pin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I can't do anything no matter what I do. Every time I go onto my computer it keeps on saying "Something happened and your PIN isn't available.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tekkenwarriorz, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Set up my pin

Hi, I can't do anything no matter what I do. Every time I go onto my computer it keeps on saying "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." Below that message it also comes up "Set up my PIN", I have clicked it many times, it comes up "Just a moment" and then a white box pops up saying "Search for app in Store? You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the Store?" I have clicked on Yes but it didn't load at all and even tried clicking on NO and still comes up saying "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Cli

:)

tekkenwarriorz, Jan 10, 2022
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Jan 10, 2022
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Set up my pin :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 10, 2022
  4. Set up my pin

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 10, 2022
Thema:

Set up my pin

1. Set up my pin - Similar Threads - Set pin

2. My laptop shows Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop shows Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again: I've tried clicking on the setup my pin but it just reloads back to the same page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-shows-something-happened-and-your-pin/69caff66-9d19-4c53-8af4-2ea10441cc39
  3. My laptop shows Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop shows Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again: I've tried clicking on the setup my pin but it just reloads back to the same page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-shows-something-happened-and-your-pin/69caff66-9d19-4c53-8af4-2ea10441cc39
  4. My laptop shows Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove any pin restrictions that my organization has set?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove any pin restrictions that my organization has set?: So I disconnected my school account from my windows 11 PC after accidentally connecting it and now my PIN apparently needs to be 6 digits long and without a sequence. This also may have set my PIN to having an expiration date but I've already attempted to deal with that using...
  6. How to remove any pin restrictions that my organization has set?

How to remove any pin restrictions that my organization has set?: So I disconnected my school account from my windows 11 PC after accidentally connecting it and now my PIN apparently needs to be 6 digits long and without a sequence. This also may have set my PIN to having an expiration date but I've already attempted to deal with that using...
  7. windows hello pin not setting up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello pin not setting up: after i set it up it stays on the loading icon and when i move the mouse the icon is gone and the pin didint work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-pin-not-setting-up/dc07d6d8-fc98-4bdd-b8e4-9c439c3e1cdd
  8. windows hello pin not setting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello pin not setting up: after i set it up it stays on the loading icon and when i move the mouse the icon is gone and the pin didint work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-pin-not-setting-up/dc07d6d8-fc98-4bdd-b8e4-9c439c3e1cdd
  9. windows hello pin not setting up

10. I need help setting up a pin. I come into an error each time

I need help setting up a pin. I come into an error each time: I have just created an account on my laptop, but it asks me to create a pin and then when I proceed it says it’s unable to and take me back to the log in page....