Windows 10: Set up ethernet connection in Windows

Discus and support Set up ethernet connection in Windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my wif not shwoing on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gagan Prasad, Oct 10, 2024 at 4:57 AM.

1. Set up ethernet connection in Windows

my wif not shwoing on my laptop

:)

Gagan Prasad, Oct 10, 2024 at 4:57 AM
  2. EdTittel Win User

Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

3. Cell and Ethernet connection

Hi Darren,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device prior to this issue?
    3. What is the make and model number of the computer?

You may try the below suggested steps to fix the issue.

1. Click on Start, Type in Control Panel and look for Network & Sharing Center.
    2. Click on ‘Change adapter settings’ on the left pane.
    3. You will be able to see the list of networks available.
    4. Click on Advanced menu and select ‘Advanced Settings’.
    5. You will be able to see the different types of connections under advanced settings Window.
    6. Select Ethernet and use the arrows at the right side in the current Window in order to reorder the connections.
    7. Click on OK and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 10, 2024 at 5:13 AM
  4. Set up ethernet connection in Windows

Data trough 4G mobile broadband connection blocked when ethernet connected

Hi Robert,

It appears that Windows is managing your connection. It only allows you to connect to your mobile broadband connection if you're not connected to either Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. To work around this behavior, I suggest disabling this feature to allow
    you to manually connect to your cellular or mobile connection. Please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular.
    2. Uncheck the box for Let Windows manage this connection.
    3. Once done, try connecting manually to your mobile broadband while Ethernet is connected and see if it works.

For more information about mobile broadband connection, please check out,
    Cellular settings in Windows 10

Please update this thread with the result so I'll be able to assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Thema:

Set up ethernet connection in Windows

1. Set up ethernet connection in Windows - Similar Threads - Set ethernet connection

2. Set up ethernet connection in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up ethernet connection in Windows: my wif not shwoing on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-ethernet-connection-in-windows/f593ee57-c2e6-43ff-ac47-c6d942a1f53e
  3. Set up ethernet connection in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up ethernet connection in Windows: it basically tries to indentify it and then at the end simply writes "not identified". Ive done all the other stuff like restart the router, the laptop, the adapter, and unplugging and replugging and the light is on on the router so the connection is there...
  4. Set up ethernet connection in Windows

Set up ethernet connection in Windows: it basically tries to indentify it and then at the end simply writes "not identified". Ive done all the other stuff like restart the router, the laptop, the adapter, and unplugging and replugging and the light is on on the router so the connection is there...
  5. setting up ethernet connection on Vista

setting up ethernet connection on Vista: Hi, I have installed Windows 10 and Window Vista on my Laptop, a Dell Latitude E5410. Windows 10 installed the ethernet connection automatically, but Windows Vista did not; saying that the hardware is not installed; and indeed the Device Manager shows that the ethernet...
  6. Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection: How to change a dial up connection to a Ethernet connection. I am not using any router, but the cable provided by the ISP directly to my laptop port. I already have dial up and Ethernet connection both installed and tried in several ways to do it by googling but every time I...
  7. ethernet connection not showing up in windows explorer

ethernet connection not showing up in windows explorer: I have five pc on my home network. Four of them show up under network in file explorer, but I cannot get the fifth to show up no matter what I do. I need to be able to move files to and from this pc via the network. Anyone have any suggestions?...
  8. Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously: Hello All, I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet. I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections. I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for...
  9. Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer

Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer: I am working in Windows 10 Professional (both computers) version 1803. I recently had to replace my router. My principal computer is the desktop which is connected via Ethernet. When I connected it, Windows set up a network which it called Network 2. When my wireless...
  10. Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?: I would like to set a metered connection for Ethernet so that I don't have to sufffer the inopportune auto-updates and can instead update Windows when it's convenient for me. Alas, in Network & Internet > Ethernet, "Set metered connection" is greyed out. How do I enable this...