Windows 10: "Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support "Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I added 2nd User, with Admin permissions, on Windows 10 Pro laptop. I want the new User to be able to use all the same applications/desktop as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HeatherT55, Jul 11, 2023.

1. "Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro

Hello, I added 2nd User, with Admin permissions, on Windows 10 Pro laptop. I want the new User to be able to use all the same applications/desktop as the original User. I am trying to avoid loading all the applications or wiping the laptop when a new employee comes aboard.I have followed these instructions but the "Set Up Assigned Access" option is not there. I do not want a kiosk.Settings>Accounts>Other Users On this screen, my options look different than the instructions as well, mine does not say "family & other users."I am doing this as a Local User with Admin rights. Lapto

:)

HeatherT55, Jul 11, 2023

2. Assigned Access to another user in windows 10 vs windows 8.1

Why Assigned access for another user in windows 10 is NOT much good as compared to windows 8.1.

i compared both of them

assigned access in windows 8.1 is full of amazing featutes as compared to windows 10.

for example:

in windows 10 only one store app can be added in list of assigned access,more then 1 apps are not allowed.

web filter is not available in assigned access of windows 10

like these much more features are missing in windows 10 that are avalable in windows 8.1

i think windows 8.1 is much better then windows 10 for multi users

Awaiskaleem, Jul 11, 2023
  3. Jim8080 Win User
    Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

"Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro 347450d1633033035t-computer-sleep-option-missing-settings-image.png

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Jul 11, 2023
  4. Ahhzz Win User

"Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2023
Thema:

"Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro

1. "Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Set Assigned Access

2. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  3. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  4. "Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Set Up Assigned Access" option for Other User is missing on Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I added 2nd User, with Admin permissions, on Windows 10 Pro laptop. I want the new User to be able to use all the same applications/desktop as the original User. I am trying to avoid loading all the applications or wiping the laptop when a new employee comes aboard.I...
  5. Family&other users option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family&other users option is missing: where the family & other users option go? it was here but I can't find it anymore why it disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/familyother-users-option-is-missing/4c47eb00-4880-4a1c-9935-b4c80fb41df0
  6. Family&other users option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family&other users option is missing: where the family & other users option go? it was here but I can't find it anymore why it disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/familyother-users-option-is-missing/4c47eb00-4880-4a1c-9935-b4c80fb41df0
  7. Other Users option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Other Users option in Windows 10: Good day! Recently, I can see there is an option for other users in Settings > Accounts on my device which is corporate owned and managed. Just wondering if there is an option to disable this feature. My colleague has same OS build but she don't have this option on his...
  8. Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing: Hello, Like the topic stands, my Windows 10 login screen doesn't show the option to type in username and password instead of just choosing the username I want to log on to. I was able to enable the other user login but by doing so I can only log in through the other user...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings: We are a small school with a number of laptops running Windows 10 Professional for Student use. Each of these Student Computers has an Admin User login and a Student User login. The Student User on each is a local account (i.e. not Administrator). Students borrow laptops...
  10. Other user option is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Other user option is missing: Hello. My desktop doesn't show me 'other user' option. (What I mean is → https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/education/windows/images/autopilot-reset-customlogin.png) It has Windows 10 pro, and I need this option to access my company account. How can I make it appear?...