Windows 10: Set English as my display language but remove the english keyboard layout

Discus and support Set English as my display language but remove the english keyboard layout in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This has been bothering me for a couple years, I have my windows 11 Previously 10, set up in English, but I am spanish, so my keyboard layout is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Reki Ezjimen, Oct 16, 2024 at 11:37 AM.

1. Set English as my display language but remove the english keyboard layout

This has been bothering me for a couple years, I have my windows 11 Previously 10, set up in English, but I am spanish, so my keyboard layout is spanish too. I can set spanish as the default keboard layout, but eventually I will press windows + space or some other shortcut that changes the layout back to united states. I always end up having to change back to Spanish layout, and I have never needed to use the English layout I'm always accidentally switching toIs there any way to disable this shortcut to change language, or just disable the whole US keyboard layout? While keeping my whole win

:)

2. LuizScruz Win User

How to remove the English layout if it is not in the list of settings?

Hello MrBourbon226, welcome to the Microsoft community, I'll be happy to help you today;

I understand that you want to remove a keyboard layout in Windows 11;

Activate the language bar by pressing Windows key + Space and click on More keyboard settings;

You will see the preferred languages;

Click on the three dots next to English (US) and go to Language Options;

Scroll down the page and check if the keyboard layout you want to remove is in the list, if it is, click on the three dots and select Remove;

If you don't find the keyboard layout in the English (US) language, repeat this process in the Russian language and check if you find the keyboard layout to remove it;

Hope this helps, see you soon!

3. Lekden Win User
    Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

4. geo-tso Win User

Set English as my display language but remove the english keyboard layout

Remove keyboard layout

I changed temporary the System Locale under Region settings, and now there are two keyboard layouts under Input methods indicator in task bar (along with my native Greek layout): English (United States) and English (United Kingdom). I I've tried to remove the later from Settings > Time and Language > Language and region, but English (United Kingdom) isn't listed there.
    Another suggestion please?

Thanks.

Thema:

Set English as my display language but remove the english keyboard layout

1. Set English as my display language but remove the english keyboard layout - Similar Threads - Set English display

2. Set English as my display language but remove the english keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set English as my display language but remove the english keyboard layout: This has been bothering me for a couple years, I have my windows 11 Previously 10, set up in English, but I am spanish, so my keyboard layout is spanish too. I can set spanish as the default keboard layout, but eventually I will press windows + space or some other shortcut...
  3. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  4. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  5. How to remove the English layout if it is not in the list of settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the English layout if it is not in the list of settings?: I have English US which is normal and I need this one.And I have Russian - 1 layout whihc is also normal and I also need this one.And finally I have English International, I don't need this one and I want to remove it but I can't =Everything would be fine, only because of...
  6. How to remove the English layout if it is not in the list of settings?

How to remove the English layout if it is not in the list of settings?: I have English US which is normal and I need this one.And I have Russian - 1 layout whihc is also normal and I also need this one.And finally I have English International, I don't need this one and I want to remove it but I can't =Everything would be fine, only because of...
  7. Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.: I have 3 layouts that I NEED: Czech, Russian, and French. I can type all the English I need via either Czech or French keyboards, I don't need an extra English one in all this mess. But I want my system in English, not French or Czech. Is it Possible?...
  8. Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu

Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu: Hi there As you can see on this screenshot, my Windows 10 currently has 4 keyboards installed: french, japanese, english UK and english US. What I want is remove the two english keyboards. However, as you can seehere in the red rectangle, my Language menu has only two...
  9. Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?: Hello there! Ever since the last Windows 10 update, the English (UK) keyboard layout appeared in my languages, and I cannot remove it. When I open Language Settings, the keyboard layout isn't there, so I can't remove it, but it is still present otherwise - please see the...
  10. Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.

Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.: Hello, Help me to learn how to set my keyboard, to use English keys but type Russian. I mean, set in such a way, when English letter "R" = Russian letter "Р" ***Changed Original Title From: Keyboard***...