Windows 10: Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11

Discus and support Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have downloaded and installed Classic Paint in Win 11, as I am too old to learn the user unfriendly New Paint or the incredibly slow Photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnTCI, Mar 3, 2022.

1. JohnTCI Win User

Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11

Hi, I have downloaded and installed Classic Paint in Win 11, as I am too old to learn the user unfriendly New Paint or the incredibly slow Photos App.Whilst it works perfectly, as it always did, with all of its logical and easy to find bells and whistles, it doesn't appear in the list of Apps in Settings.Therefore, I would be eternally grateful if someone could please advise how to set it as the default app for bitmaps and jpegs etc. or, even better, have it appear in the list of apps in Windows Photo Viewer which I have also reactivated. Many thanks in advance.

:)

JohnTCI, Mar 3, 2022

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 3, 2022
  3. Where is the Paint 3D Executable?

Hi Don

Paint 3D is a modern app, which doesn't use executables like older classic applications.

If you want to associate file formats with Paint 3D as the default, you have to do the following.

Point a JPEG file

Right click it

Click Properties

Click the General tab

Click Change

Choose Paint 3D in the list

Click OK

Click Apply then OK

Repeat the same step for a BMP file.

or

Click Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps

Scroll to the bottom

Click Choose default apps by file type

Scroll down to JPEG and Bitmap

Click on the current associated application then choose Paint 3D from the list.

Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11 69a2908b-69a8-4780-aad7-0031b91e7b9f?upload=true.png

Andre for Directly, Mar 3, 2022
  4. Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 3, 2022
Thema:

Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11

1. Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11 - Similar Threads - Set Classic Paint

2. Installing Classic Paint onto Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Classic Paint onto Windows 11: I would like to install the Windows 10 Classic Paint onto my new Windows 11 computer.Any suggestions, help, or comments? I looked for answers to my question, but did not see anything. If there are answers to this question already, maybe someone could direct me to the correct...
  3. Set Classic Paint As Default In Win 11 After 22H2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Classic Paint As Default In Win 11 After 22H2 Update: Hi,I tried new Paint on my Win 11 pc, but I prefer the old MS Paint, and was wondering how to get it back after 22H2? I tried the steps recommended in this old MS thread, but I had no success; presumably because of changes after the 22H2 update:...
  4. Set Classic Paint As Default In Win 11 After 22H2 Update

Set Classic Paint As Default In Win 11 After 22H2 Update: Hi,I tried new Paint on my Win 11 pc, but I prefer the old MS Paint, and was wondering how to get it back after 22H2? I tried the steps recommended in this old MS thread, but I had no success; presumably because of changes after the 22H2 update:...
  5. Paint Classic and Paint 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint Classic and Paint 11: I have been using Windows 7 and Microsoft Paint 7 since 2008. I used Paint 7 to create woodworking patterns and plans. I have 1000’s of one-of-a-kind patterns with plans, the majority of which I have not yet used. Recently, my computer motherboard failed. I had to replace the...
  6. Paint Classic and Paint 11

Paint Classic and Paint 11: I have been using Windows 7 and Microsoft Paint 7 since 2008. I used Paint 7 to create woodworking patterns and plans. I have 1000’s of one-of-a-kind patterns with plans, the majority of which I have not yet used. Recently, my computer motherboard failed. I had to replace the...
  7. Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11

Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11: Hi, I have downloaded and installed Classic Paint in Win 11, as I am too old to learn the user unfriendly New Paint or the incredibly slow Photos App.Whilst it works perfectly, as it always did, with all of its logical and easy to find bells and whistles, it doesn't appear in...
  8. Have installed Classic Paint in Win 11 and would like to set it as default.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have installed Classic Paint in Win 11 and would like to set it as default.: Have installed Classic Paint in Win 11 and would like to set it as default. It appears in the list of Programs & Features in Control Panel and in Settings/Apps & Features, but not in the list to be able to set as default apps. It would probably help to find out where it has...
  9. Have installed Classic Paint in Win 11 and would like to set it as default.

Have installed Classic Paint in Win 11 and would like to set it as default.: Have installed Classic Paint in Win 11 and would like to set it as default. It appears in the list of Programs & Features in Control Panel and in Settings/Apps & Features, but not in the list to be able to set as default apps. It would probably help to find out where it has...
  10. Microsoft Classic Paint.

Microsoft Classic Paint.: Anybody knows how to completely remove Microsoft Classic Paint? 109864