Windows 10: set app from microsoft store as defualt for a file type

Discus and support set app from microsoft store as defualt for a file type in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to set mpv as the defualt program for the avif file type, but windows doesn't allow me to open file location of the app and set it that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by melton mayfield-brown, Jul 26, 2023.

1. set app from microsoft store as defualt for a file type

I would like to set mpv as the defualt program for the avif file type, but windows doesn't allow me to open file location of the app and set it that way, nor does it allow me to search for the app I would like to assign as defualt for said file type.could you please xplain how I would go about setting mpv as defualt for image files?

:)

melton mayfield-brown, Jul 26, 2023

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jul 26, 2023
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Microsoft Store App

Hi James,

Since running the troubleshooter for Windows app didn't work, we suggest resetting Windows Store by following the steps below to resolve your issue:

• Type Apps & features on search box/Cortana and click on it.
    • Look for Microsoft Store app and click on Advance options.
    • Click Reset button and retest.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 26, 2023
  4. set app from microsoft store as defualt for a file type

Microsoft Store App

Still having the same problem.

James Acosta, Jul 26, 2023
Thema:

set app from microsoft store as defualt for a file type

1. set app from microsoft store as defualt for a file type - Similar Threads - set app microsoft

2. Set Default App By File Type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Default App By File Type: I have some music files, a .mid, .sib and .mxlThe .mid is predefined by Win 10 as a "Windows Media Player" ???????. I cant change it as the only two options are 1 Windows Media Player and 2 "Look For an App in the Windows Store" ????Ya, I already have a very expensive music...
  3. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...
  4. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...
  5. set app from microsoft store as defualt for a file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    set app from microsoft store as defualt for a file type: I would like to set mpv as the defualt program for the avif file type, but windows doesn't allow me to open file location of the app and set it that way, nor does it allow me to search for the app I would like to assign as defualt for said file type.could you please xplain...
  6. Removing "Default App" setting from file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing "Default App" setting from file type: I am running Windows 10. I accidentally chose a default app to open a certain type of file and now I can't set it back to "none". I do not want ANY app associated with this file type. How do I fix this? I already tried creating a dummy .exe file to associate it with and...
  7. Removing "Default App" setting from file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing "Default App" setting from file type: I am running Windows 10. I accidentally chose a default app to open a certain type of file and now I can't set it back to "none". I do not want ANY app associated with this file type. How do I fix this? I already tried creating a dummy .exe file to associate it with and...
  8. Removing "Default App" setting from file type

9. how to change .jar to java in choose defualt apps by file type

how to change .jar to java in choose defualt apps by file type: hello i went to Settings, Apps, Default apps, then Scrolled down to Choose default apps by file type. then i Scrolled down to .jar and pressed on it to change it to java but java didn't appear as one of the apps, i checked and used every method and i have java downloaded,...
  10. Set default app for .file type file

Set default app for .file type file: how to set default app for .file type file we can right click on it and open with but set default option is not available. Please suggest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-default-app-for-file-type-file/c449afd5-2eff-4f3b-8faf-8ce7ced50f30