Windows 10: September update caused various problems

Discus and support September update caused various problems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Split from this thread. After these updates it took away the pin log in. It also took the ability to use my computer at all. Start bar doesn’t work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Melissa Minielly, Sep 30, 2024 at 3:02 PM.

1. September update caused various problems

Split from this thread. After these updates it took away the pin log in. It also took the ability to use my computer at all. Start bar doesn’t work, chrome doesn’t work. Apps aren’t working. No internet connection or ability to even connect.

:)

Melissa Minielly, Sep 30, 2024 at 3:02 PM
  2. Desboro Win User

Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your response: apologies for slow feedback.

Regarding step 1 - doing a restore point : I tried this twice and twice it failed. Now, the date of the update that caused the issue (13/14 September 2019) has disappeared from the history list. Is there a way of finding it, still?

Regarding Step 2- the list of updates installed: the two suggestions above do not seem to appear in the list in the window "Installed Updates".

There are two updates listed for 13 September - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

Could you advise what I might try next?

Thank you so much.

3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Windows 10 Update causing Facebook Gameroom problems.

Hi NightStalker73a,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community

1. May I know the updates that is installed?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to the issue?
    3. May I know if it has worked before?

I would suggest you to check and confirm if the Facebookgame room app, is compatible on your system and with Windows 10. However, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works out for you.

Step 1: Program Compatibility Troubleshooter

I suggest you to follow the article to
    Make older programs compatible
    with this version of Windows.

I would suggest you to check this thread on
    Facebook Gameroom
    , from Riel Alc created on September 27, 2017, and
    see if it helps.

Hope it helps.

4. September update caused various problems

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 30, 2024 at 3:09 PM
Thema:

September update caused various problems

1. September update caused various problems - Similar Threads - September update caused

2. September update caused various problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    September update caused various problems: Split from this thread. After these updates it took away the pin log in. It also took the ability to use my computer at all. Start bar doesn’t work, chrome doesn’t work. Apps aren’t working. No internet connection or ability to even connect....
  3. Various BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hello everyone! More than a year ago I ran into an issue when my PC started to BSOD randomly, but unfortunately I had no opportunity to begin to resolve the issue. Now I have one and turns out it is way more complex than I thought.Errors codes:1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL2....
  4. Various BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Various BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hello everyone! More than a year ago I ran into an issue when my PC started to BSOD randomly, but unfortunately I had no opportunity to begin to resolve the issue. Now I have one and turns out it is way more complex than I thought.Errors codes:1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL2....
  5. Various Errors causes BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various Errors causes BSOD: I get BSOD from time to time. Tried reinstalling Windows one time but still the same.The latest one is Event 1001, BugCheck.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041790, 0xfffff180037a43c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000001....
  6. Various Errors causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various Errors causes BSOD: I get BSOD from time to time. Tried reinstalling Windows one time but still the same.The latest one is Event 1001, BugCheck.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041790, 0xfffff180037a43c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000001....
  7. Various Errors causes BSOD

8. Dual Boot problem after September update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot problem after September update: I have dual-boot Windows 10 on a Desktop i7 PC. I've been using it for ~3 years. When the September updates came out, I installed them on my primary system with no problem. Later yesterday I installed them on my secondary system. The installation went fine with no problems,...
  9. Dual Boot problem after September update

Dual Boot problem after September update: I have dual-boot Windows 10 on a Desktop i7 PC. I've been using it for ~3 years. When the September updates came out, I installed them on my primary system with no problem. Later yesterday I installed them on my secondary system. The installation went fine with no problems,...
  10. Dual Boot problem after September update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade