Windows 10: Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

Discus and support Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IMTIYAZ BOBAT, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode last night so I checked my folders and note many folders from one drive have gone.

:)

IMTIYAZ BOBAT, Mar 21, 2023
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

Google Drive Folder Disappears from Quick Access

Upon installation of Google Backup and Sync, the root Google Drive folder is automatically added to the Quick Access list. However, after a period of a few hours to a few days, the shortcut disappears from Quick Access. It can be manually re-added but always
    disappears shortly thereafter.

I performed a fresh install of Windows on a new machine and encounter the same thing there. I also have Google Drive File Stream installed, which is linked to a separate Google account. The Google Drive File Stream root folder is also pinned to Quick Access
    but does not disappear as the Google Drive folder (from Backup and Sync) does.

I am able to successfully pin folders within Google Drive to Quick Access (for example, the "Projects" folder found at Google Drive > Documents > Projects) and these folders do not disappear from Quick Access; it is only the root Google Drive folder that
    exhibits this problem.

I only have one user account on my machines.

How can I ensure the root Google Drive folder stays in the Quick Access list?

jwildman16, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

1. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder - Similar Threads - Selective folders drive

2. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  3. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  4. One Drive Folders

One Drive Folders: I am replacing all of my company's desktop PC's with laptops. I'm running into an annoying problem with OneDrive. I enable it and login with the user's account. Then I copy over, using a USB drive, the data from their old machine, on which OneDrive is not enabled/syncing. The...
  5. One Drive Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Folders: I am replacing all of my company's desktop PC's with laptops. I'm running into an annoying problem with OneDrive. I enable it and login with the user's account. Then I copy over, using a USB drive, the data from their old machine, on which OneDrive is not enabled/syncing. The...
  6. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  7. One Drive Folder

One Drive Folder: Under my One Drive Personal folder, I have a folder called DOCUMENTS. Under this folder I have a Folder called OUTLOOK FILES. Under this folder I have a folder called EMAIL. In the email folder I can see my email address. This folder size is 4.88 gb. What will happen if I...
  8. One Drive Folder

One Drive Folder: Under my One Drive Personal folder, I have a folder called DOCUMENTS. Under this folder I have a Folder called OUTLOOK FILES. Under this folder I have a folder called EMAIL. In the email folder I can see my email address. This folder size is 4.88 gb. What will happen if I...
  9. One Drive Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. One Drive folders

One Drive folders: Hi everyone. I asked this yesterday and was told the only option is to move everything to the one drive folder. But there's got to be a better way. How can I have files on my PC automatically upload to one drive without moving them to the one drive folder?...