Windows 10: Selecting and right clicking on more than one file in Explorer causes it to crash

Discus and support Selecting and right clicking on more than one file in Explorer causes it to crash in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've seen earlier posts that are similar to my problem and have tried all the fixes that I've found but to no benefit. When I select more than one file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stephen.sutn, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Selecting and right clicking on more than one file in Explorer causes it to crash

I've seen earlier posts that are similar to my problem and have tried all the fixes that I've found but to no benefit. When I select more than one file within Windows Explorer and then try to do something with these selected files by right clicking, explorer immediately shuts down or crashes?. I've tried multiple things to try to resolve this including a full windows repair so re-installing the operating system through the update process, nothing I've yet tried makes any difference.This problem has been going on for some months now and is becoming tedious to live with. I've tried using 3rd

:)

stephen.sutn, Jul 10, 2024
  2. Namslas90 Win User
    Namslas90, Jul 10, 2024
  3. topgundcp Win User
    File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

Download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows
    NOTE: download version 1.97 or later, else Restart Explorer won't work in step 4

1. This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    2. From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu. Also put check marks as shown

Selecting and right clicking on more than one file in Explorer causes it to crash 87580d1485968696t-file-explorer-crashes-after-right-click-desktop-.png
    3. Click on the screen, Hold down CTRL Key+A to select all then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
    4. Click on the Options again and select Restart Explorer
    5. Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 4 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.

topgundcp, Jul 10, 2024
  4. F1reFly Win User

Selecting and right clicking on more than one file in Explorer causes it to crash

right click crashes explorer

appreciated*Toast :toast:

edit: haha, i just noticed that the snipping tool is completely gone from my system, it was there the other day, now its gone and its backup in winsxs wont run....god i hate windows. heck with it, i'm formatting

F1reFly, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Selecting and right clicking on more than one file in Explorer causes it to crash

1. Selecting and right clicking on more than one file in Explorer causes it to crash - Similar Threads - Selecting right clicking

2. Selecting and right clicking on more than one file in Explorer causes it to crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting and right clicking on more than one file in Explorer causes it to crash: I've seen earlier posts that are similar to my problem and have tried all the fixes that I've found but to no benefit. When I select more than one file within Windows Explorer and then try to do something with these selected files by right clicking, explorer immediately shuts...
  3. Selecting and right clicking on more than one file in Explorer causes it to crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selecting and right clicking on more than one file in Explorer causes it to crash: I've seen earlier posts that are similar to my problem and have tried all the fixes that I've found but to no benefit. When I select more than one file within Windows Explorer and then try to do something with these selected files by right clicking, explorer immediately shuts...
  4. Right click causes windows explorer crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click causes windows explorer crash: When I right-click on the desktop or anywhere within file explorer, the explorer waits for a second, crashes and restarts. It started after September 2023 windows 11 update which I did 21 Sep 2023. Before that day, right click was working file, with old context menu and with...
  5. Right click causes windows explorer crash

Right click causes windows explorer crash: When I right-click on the desktop or anywhere within file explorer, the explorer waits for a second, crashes and restarts. It started after September 2023 windows 11 update which I did 21 Sep 2023. Before that day, right click was working file, with old context menu and with...
  6. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  7. mouse clicks cause more than one operation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse clicks cause more than one operation: When I use my wireless mouse to left-click on an action, it seems to do two: eg new tab opens two tabs, clicking on close often actions the shutdown app x underneath....
  8. mouse clicks cause more than one operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse clicks cause more than one operation: When I use my wireless mouse to left-click on an action, it seems to do two: eg new tab opens two tabs, clicking on close often actions the shutdown app x underneath....
  9. mouse clicks cause more than one operation

10. Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash: This is what I see in the log. Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.18362.815 Application Timestamp: 51185cb4 Fault Module Name:...