Windows 10: Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

Discus and support Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by V. Walker, Mar 17, 2024.

1. V. Walker Win User

Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and this, apparently, means that Windows 10 updates can't be applied. I am on Windows 10 Home version 22H2 on an HP laptop. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I want to permanently stay on Windows 10 until it is no longer supported.

:)

V. Walker, Mar 17, 2024

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Mar 17, 2024
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Mar 17, 2024
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Mar 17, 2024
Thema:

1. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - Similar Threads - Selected Stay option

2. Windows 10 updates download faster now

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 updates download faster now: Microsoft has decreased the size of updates for Windows 10 significantly, which means that they will download faster now. Back in 2021, Microsoft announced that it has cut the size of updates for Windows 11 by an average of 40 percent. The technical article explains that...
  3. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded: My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and...
  4. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded: My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and...
  5. Windows 11 is clubbing preview updates with other updates. No option to selectively install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is clubbing preview updates with other updates. No option to selectively install: Windows 11 clubbing preview updates with other updates. There is no option to selectively install only updates we need. I don't prefer to install previews. Is there an option to avoid previews from the update list itself?...
  6. Windows 11 is clubbing preview updates with other updates. No option to selectively install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is clubbing preview updates with other updates. No option to selectively install: Windows 11 clubbing preview updates with other updates. There is no option to selectively install only updates we need. I don't prefer to install previews. Is there an option to avoid previews from the update list itself?...
  7. Windows 11 clubbing preview updates with other updates. No option to selectively install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clubbing preview updates with other updates. No option to selectively install: Windows 11 clubbing preview updates with other updates. There is no option to selectively install only updates we need. I don't prefer to install previews. Is there an option to avoid previews from the update list itself?...
  8. windows 10 optional update won't download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 optional update won't download: in the optional updates menu there is an update called "Android - Net - 3/30/2016 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1" when i click the checkbox and click install now it looks like it worked and it says windows is up to date, but when i click on "look for updates", the same update shows...
  9. Windows 10 - Selected text does not stay selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Selected text does not stay selected: When I initially click and drag to select text, then release the left mouse in preparation for the next step, whatever that might be, the highlighting disappears. This happens repeatedly, in Word, on the Internet, in Excel, in OneNote, wherever on the computer since the...
  10. Windows 10 Optional Updates not downloading/showing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Optional Updates not downloading/showing: [img] I've been facing this issue lately on this new OS. Previously on W7 & W8 the updates categorized into 2 column (Important & Optional) where we can select the updates individually and download/install. This way I can get some optional drivers for memory card,...