Windows 10: Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts

Discus and support Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. Recently I posted about seeing several "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts in my sign-in history from around the world. Just a few minutes ago,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by finlandsberet, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts

Hello.

Recently I posted about seeing several "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts in my sign-in history from around the world. Just a few minutes ago, I've found a few more attempts - all from America.

I can only assume these are all unsuccessful because I have two-factor verification set up, but my two main questions are:

1. Is my account still safe because of the two-factor verification?

2. Should I change my password again to be on the safe side?

Any help with either or both of these questions would be greatly appreciated, as it is rather unnerving to keep seeing these attempts in the first place.

I should also mention that I've been able to sign-in to my account with no problems during these times, and I've even run both a malware and antivirus scan recently, wherein nothing suspicious came-up.

:)

finlandsberet, Dec 29, 2020

2. Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

Hello.

A few minutes ago I checked my sign-in history, and I was shocked to learn that there had been an unsuccessful sign-in attempt from somewhere in China. I'm not in China, nor have I ever been.

The incident happened last week, but I've been able to still sign in to my account every day since then.

Since it was an unsuccessful attempt, is my account still safe? Should I change my password to be on the safe side?

Here's a screenshot for reference:

Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts 6406e7b4-af28-4d62-afa9-c4c58b25ef80?upload=true.png

3. Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

Hello, and thank you for a speedy reply.

My account has not been hacked; I am still able to access and sign in to it. What I want to know is if my account is still safe after this incident. It was an unsuccessful sign-in attempt.

I'm guessing that changing my password again would be helpful, too?

4. Anwille Win User

Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts

Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

Sadly, there's no alerts for unsuccessful sign-ins so you'll have to keep updated with recent activities either in your phone app or desktop.

Anwille, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts

1. Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts - Similar Threads - Seeing yet more

2. Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account: Every time I check my recent microsoft activity, there is someone trying to sign into my account multiple times an hour. It's extremely distressing for me because my Microsoft Account is very valuable. Is it one person attempting to hack my account multiple times a day? Or is...
  3. Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account: Every time I check my recent microsoft activity, there is someone trying to sign into my account multiple times an hour. It's extremely distressing for me because my Microsoft Account is very valuable. Is it one person attempting to hack my account multiple times a day? Or is...
  4. Unsuccessful Sign-In Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsuccessful Sign-In Question: Hello,Wondering if anyone might know what could cause an unsuccessful sign-in via Browser/app Internet Explorer. It's from my IP and the Session activity states "Incorrect password entered". This happened twice last month and I haven't seen that happen in the past. To my...
  5. So many unsuccessful sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So many unsuccessful sign in attempts on my account: Throughout this entire week, numerous of my accounts have been hacked, or at least someone has attempted to hack them and some may have already been hacked that I don't know of. When I checked my microsoft recent activities there is a VERY long list of unsuccessful login...
  6. So many unsuccessful sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So many unsuccessful sign in attempts on my account: Throughout this entire week, numerous of my accounts have been hacked, or at least someone has attempted to hack them and some may have already been hacked that I don't know of. When I checked my microsoft recent activities there is a VERY long list of unsuccessful login...
  7. Yet another unsuccessful sign-in from another country

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yet another unsuccessful sign-in from another country: Hello. About two weeks ago, I posted about this same issue; that someone had tried to sign in from another country. I just checked my sign-in history and I see that someone tried to do it again two days ago. In that other thread, someone very helpfully told me that because...
  8. Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsuccessful sign-in attempt: Hello. A few minutes ago I checked my sign-in history, and I was shocked to learn that there had been an unsuccessful sign-in attempt from somewhere in China. I'm not in China, nor have I ever been. The incident happened last week, but I've been able to still sign in to my...
  9. Unsuccessful Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unsuccessful Login Attempts: I’ve noticed starting the 19th of April that I’ve had a bunch of unsuccessful login attempts via IMAP. I clicked on them and it specifically says (I’m paraphrasing a bit) you don’t have to change your password you are secure. Every single one was unsuccessful. I have 2FA on...
  10. Several installation attempts, varied yet unsuccessful results.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Several installation attempts, varied yet unsuccessful results.: I initially upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium, which took 8+ hours to complete. When the installation was done, the performance I was getting was pretty horrible, constant stuttering, latency and slowdown. So I made an install disk from a fresh download and reinstalled...