Windows 10: Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days

Discus and support Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an annoying issue !!!!!! I applied for an update on my security info on 1st October 2023 when I came to the UK from India coz I don’t have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tiya Takshak Student, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days

I have an annoying issue !!!!!! I applied for an update on my security info on 1st October 2023 when I came to the UK from India coz I don’t have my previous number now. I waited patiently for 30 days as it said that it’s going to be updated by 31 October 2023. But it’s still not updated and I can’t access my laptop because of that..PLEASE HELP ME OUT !!

:)

Tiya Takshak Student, Nov 2, 2023

2. Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

Why is my Microsoft account security info change still pending?

Applies to: Microsoft Account

When you remove all your old security info and replace it with something new, your Microsoft account is restricted for 30 days. During that time, we'll send notifications to the phone number or email address that's being removed, in case an attacker is attempting
    to remove your information. We can't expedite this process.

If you didn't make the security changes, or you changed your mind:

Go to Protect your account and sign in.

At the security info change is still pending, select If you didn't request this, let us know.

Or, you changed your mind and want to keep your existing security info, select Cancel this request.

What you can do while changes are pending

If you made the security info changes:

After 30 days, the security information you chose to remove will be deleted.

During this 30-day period, you can still access most Microsoft services, but you won't be able to do things that require a security code, like changing your password, email addresses or manage parental controls online.

You can view, change, or add billing information, and make purchases.

If you have two-step verification enabled:

You won't be able to sign in to your account unless you have the Microsoft

Authenticator app and had previously set it up on this account, or you have access to your old security information. This includes not being able to sign in to other Microsoft services such as Outlook.com or OneDrive.

Paul_Mykel, Nov 2, 2023
  3. Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

I am trying to help my daughter with her computer. The Security Info in her Microsoft account has the wrong phone number (which she needs it to be corrected so that a PIN can be sent to her) so I updated it and then found out it takes 30 days. I tried to
    cancel the request, but it then says it will text a code but it would be to the incorrect number. Can someone help?

Thank you!

bpayne1973, Nov 2, 2023
  4. Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days

security 30 day period ends today still not accessible.

My 30 day waiting period for security access ends today and it still says not accessible. Is it a full 30 days from the minute to minute I changed my security info, or do I have a problem?

richardsimon, Nov 2, 2023
Thema:

Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days

1. Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days - Similar Threads - Security info updated

2. Can't log into computer due to 30-day security info change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into computer due to 30-day security info change: I recently upgraded my computer, new Motherboard, CPU, the works. Since I upgraded my computer Microsoft wants me to log in again and verify that it's me using a phone number but the phone number it has is my previous phone number. Since it takes 30 days to change the...
  3. Can't log into computer due to 30-day security info change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log into computer due to 30-day security info change: I recently upgraded my computer, new Motherboard, CPU, the works. Since I upgraded my computer Microsoft wants me to log in again and verify that it's me using a phone number but the phone number it has is my previous phone number. Since it takes 30 days to change the...
  4. Skiping the 30 Day Period to Switch security info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skiping the 30 Day Period to Switch security info: Recently after getting hacked I was able to login to my Microsoft account again by means of using the pin on my laptop. After getting back in a saw that the email and password were both changed. I then attempted to change the main login method to my phone number. It then...
  5. Skiping the 30 Day Period to Switch security info

Skiping the 30 Day Period to Switch security info: Recently after getting hacked I was able to login to my Microsoft account again by means of using the pin on my laptop. After getting back in a saw that the email and password were both changed. I then attempted to change the main login method to my phone number. It then...
  6. How can I bypass the 30 day info update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I bypass the 30 day info update: I upgraded my cpu today on my pc and after I booted my pc for the first time with the new cpu my windows security settings changed.I didn't have access to the phone number on my account as I got a new number. I've updated it now but windows has now locked me out of my pc for...
  7. How can I bypass the 30 day info update

How can I bypass the 30 day info update: I upgraded my cpu today on my pc and after I booted my pc for the first time with the new cpu my windows security settings changed.I didn't have access to the phone number on my account as I got a new number. I've updated it now but windows has now locked me out of my pc for...
  8. Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days: I have an annoying issue !!!!!! I applied for an update on my security info on 1st October 2023 when I came to the UK from India coz I don’t have my previous number now. I waited patiently for 30 days as it said that it’s going to be updated by 31 October 2023. But it’s still...
  9. Update Security 30 days?!!! How to Expedite???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Update Security 30 days?!!! How to Expedite???: I am trying to help my cousin with his computer. The Security Info in his Microsoft account has the wrong phone number which he needs it to be corrected so that a PIN can be sent to her so I updated it and then found out it takes 30 days?!?!!!I tried to cancel the request,...
  10. Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...: I am trying to help my daughter with her computer. The Security Info in her Microsoft account has the wrong phone number which she needs it to be corrected so that a PIN can be sent to her so I updated it and then found out it takes 30 days. I tried to cancel the request, but...