Windows 10: Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

Discus and support Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some reason Secure boot is unsupported even though i have uefi and gpt I just wanna upgrade to windows 11 man... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by skeppyzack, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

For some reason Secure boot is unsupported even though i have uefi and gpt I just wanna upgrade to windows 11 man

:)

skeppyzack, Oct 22, 2022
  2. 7mgte Win User

Convert Windows 10 MBR to GPT (UEFI)?

In reviewing my Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) system I noted that the Secure Boot Status is showing as "unsupported". Investigating further, it appears either the GPT partition for booting using UEFI (is Secure Boot) has become corrupt or my installation was
    never installed for Secure Boot. My Windows 10 install is an auto-upgrade from a Windows 8.1 install.

Is there a way to convert the MBR to GPT without doing a fresh install? I do have a USB recovery drive built at a point I believe I had indications Windows was booting from a GPT (UEFI) partition. In fact, the USB recovery drive shows as being a UEFI drive.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks!

7mgte, Oct 22, 2022
  3. Unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

I hear you on configuring your own PC the way you choose to.

His PC could not boot to a GPT disk if in Legacy BIOS mode. It could not boot to an MBR disk in UEFI mode. The error tells us that his disk is not partitioned for UEFI, so he is in Legacy BIOS mode, on an MBR disk, but has UEFI/GPT capability. On a Legacy
    BIOS-only PC, like my 2007 Dell XPS laptop, it would not give this error.

You are right that we do not know which version Windows Update is trying to install. He might not be able to upgrade directly from version 1507/build 10240 to version 1709 (or 1803). I could do a test tomorrow to see if the upgrade can be done in one step.
    I think that it might have to be done in two upgrades via Windows Update (because 10240 cannot do a UUP Windows Update) but probably can upgrade in one step via mounted ISO.

Using a downloaded ISO might also bypass this error, as I think you originally suggested, leaving the disk as MBR.

Don Cuthbert, Oct 22, 2022
  4. cadzo Win User

Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

Help with getting secureboot on windows 11

I downloaded windows 11 by bypassing it with a usb stick, later i got a new motherboard which has secure boot + tpm 2.0 but i can't seem to get secure boot.
    I enabled uefi secure boot on bios and it still says unsupported in msinfo can somebody help i want to turn on secureboot

cadzo, Oct 22, 2022
Thema:

Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

1. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt - Similar Threads - Secureboot unsupported uefi

2. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt: For some reason Secure boot is unsupported even though i have uefi and gpt I just wanna upgrade to windows 11 man https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secureboot-unsupported-with-uefi-and-gpt/4ecbea94-66a5-4900-8727-902125e0b6df
  3. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt: For some reason Secure boot is unsupported even though i have uefi and gpt I just wanna upgrade to windows 11 man https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secureboot-unsupported-with-uefi-and-gpt/4ecbea94-66a5-4900-8727-902125e0b6df
  4. Secure Boot State Unsupported with UEFI Bios and GPT Disk Formation.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot State Unsupported with UEFI Bios and GPT Disk Formation.: Hello everyone. I am currently running Windows 10 Insider Build and have gotten the option to update to Windows 11 Insider Build but my PC is coming up with the error "This PC Can't Run Windows 11. This PC Must support Secure Boot.". This is very confusing because my PC is...
  5. GPT - UEFI problem, reinstall required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPT - UEFI problem, reinstall required?: Hi guys, New to the forum, thanks for the help you provided in the past *Biggrin Hope you can help as my PC is now inaccessible. Yesterday I installed the new MB and CPU/RAM. Everything was fine, I started Windows, installed chipset drivers (moved from Intel to AMD),...
  6. Unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

Unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware: I wasn't able to update my windows because it stated that the disk layout was unsupported. I have 1903 but have no idea what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsupported-disk-layout-for-uefi-firmware/5db915ea-310f-48ea-9fad-6dd8b0409a91
  7. Disabling Secureboot options without having UEFI settings

Disabling Secureboot options without having UEFI settings: Hyy..[IMG] I installed windows in UEFI mode. But in system information it is showing BIOS mode legacy . And also UEFI firmware settings are not available in my pc.now i want to disable secure boot . And also that secure boot option isn't workingas in...
  8. installing with UEFI/GPT - 1803 build

installing with UEFI/GPT - 1803 build: trying to install a UEFI/GPT setup, but keep getting "unauthorised changes on firmware/OS or UEFI drivers" message. When i disable CSM/UEFI in BIOS it works but I cant seem to get the installer to create the extra three partitions for a proper install, only one. 120137
  9. Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware

Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware: 1803 will nt install. I get an error message saying I have an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk. Does this mean I have to make it a GPT? 110420
  10. Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware: BIOS is set to boot Legacy. Here are the two prior threads getting me from being patently annoyed with 1703 being chronically hung on a quality update to where I am now. The first one is a long read and the summary is, lots of trainwreckage, machine boots in Legacy....