Windows 10: Secure Boot and the Return of previous windows, disappearance of new windows.

Discus and support Secure Boot and the Return of previous windows, disappearance of new windows. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the original windows 10 installed which I upgraded to windows 11. Then i got the SSD added to my system. The person who added the SDD install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaryamMS, Sep 22, 2023.

1. MaryamMS Win User

Secure Boot and the Return of previous windows, disappearance of new windows.

I have the original windows 10 installed which I upgraded to windows 11. Then i got the SSD added to my system. The person who added the SDD install new window 10. By chance, i enabled the secure book. Now the previous original window reappears and the new one disappears. Where did the new windows go?

:)

MaryamMS, Sep 22, 2023
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Sep 22, 2023
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Sep 22, 2023
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

WTF?! Stop calling it Windows 8 Secure Boot, it is a UEFI thing, it has nothing to do with Windows 8!

You are a news reporter, you should be able to get something this simple right!

newtekie1, Sep 22, 2023
Thema:

1. Secure Boot and the Return of previous windows, disappearance of new windows. - Similar Threads - Secure Boot Return

2. Windows Security Disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Disappeared.: I just downloaded a file and it turns out a ransomware or trojan file and that file deleted my windows Security. I can't find security in my apps, however it shows in my settings. I also can not find my default Antivirus, Firewall and Web Protection....
  3. Windows Security Disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Disappeared.: I just downloaded a file and it turns out a ransomware or trojan file and that file deleted my windows Security. I can't find security in my apps, however it shows in my settings. I also can not find my default Antivirus, Firewall and Web Protection....
  4. Windows Security Disappeared.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Secure Boot and the Return of previous windows, disappearance of new windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot and the Return of previous windows, disappearance of new windows.: I have the original windows 10 installed which I upgraded to windows 11. Then i got the SSD added to my system. The person who added the SDD install new window 10. By chance, i enabled the secure book. Now the previous original window reappears and the new one disappears....
  6. Secure Boot and the Return of previous windows, disappearance of new windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Boot and the Return of previous windows, disappearance of new windows.: I have the original windows 10 installed which I upgraded to windows 11. Then i got the SSD added to my system. The person who added the SDD install new window 10. By chance, i enabled the secure book. Now the previous original window reappears and the new one disappears....
  7. Problems of returning to my previous version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems of returning to my previous version of Windows 10: When returning my Windows 10 ver. 20H2 back to previous ver.1909, it shows a blue screen with the heading “Automatic Repair” and telling me “Your PC didn't start correctly. Press Restart to restart ur pc to fix the problem. U can also press Advanced options to try other...
  8. has someone already returned to a previous version of windows??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    has someone already returned to a previous version of windows??: I´m having some problems with my audio since I updated to Windows 10 2004 , 5 or 6 days ago. I saw some videos and there they tell that you could lose some data or have to reinstall some programs. What kind of data have you lost? submitted by /u/miguelfcv [link]...
  9. Previously Unsolved BSOD Returns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Previously Unsolved BSOD Returns: Hello, this is a continuation from a previous thread. Please read it if you are unfamiliar with prior events. OneDrive links broken, see the new OneDrive link below....
  10. Failure to Return to Previous Windows 10 Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure to Return to Previous Windows 10 Version: I have an Acer SW5-014 running Windows 10. Automatic updates require an additional USB drive during the process. When the update fails the previous edition is restored. This is very frustrating but auto update cannot be switched off. On the latest occasion, the previous...