Windows 10: Secondary 1TB external hard drive not showing up in Storage. How do I fix it so I can...

Discus and support Secondary 1TB external hard drive not showing up in Storage. How do I fix it so I can... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ....... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secondary-1tb-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up/d1658e94-351e-4268-a955-feb12b98f91c Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by salahudin ruiz almeida, Aug 9, 2024.

1. Secondary 1TB external hard drive not showing up in Storage. How do I fix it so I can...

:)

salahudin ruiz almeida, Aug 9, 2024
  2. ChriDo Win User

External Hard Drive not showing under Settings > Storage

An external hard drive is not shown in Windows 10 Pro > Settings > System > Storage. It can also not be selected to save new content on it (Storage > More storage settings > Change where new content is saved.

The hard drive does show up in the disk manger, file explorer and even as Backup (Settings > Update & security > Backup).

Unsuccessful attempts to fix:

• Troubleshooting (hardware & device) as advised in Redirecting
    • Checked status of disk drive in device manager: nothing unusual found
    • Changed drive letters in device manager
    • Re-formated drive, including different formats (NTFS, ReFS, FAT32)

Info:

• System: Windows 10 Pro
    • Version: 1703 (Build 15063.877)
    • Hard Drive: WD Elements 2TB, USB 3.0
    • Format: NTFS, ReFS, FAT32 (tried all)

ChriDo, Aug 9, 2024
  3. eddie.exe Win User
    Secondary 1TB Hard Drive not showing up under Storage in PC Settings after OS Reinstall

So, after reinstalling Windows 10 for the second time this month thanks to a little bug that decided all core apps would cease to work regardless of powershell commands, it appears my secondary 1tb hard drive which I use for 3rd party programs and my personal
    files will no longer show up in the Storage settings under "System" in Windows 10's settings page (what a mouthful). I typically come in here to configure all possible settings to my secondary drive rather than drive C: being that its an SSD with limited storage.

New apps?

Drive D:

New Documents?

Drive D:

New Music?

Drive D:

New Pictures?

Drive D:

New Videos?

Drive D:

But drive D: isn't showing up under the dropdown list. Just Drive C:. And if I open File Explorer and navigate to This PC, its shown there, and I can access it without any issues. In fact, I was even able to install Steam on it after taking sole ownership of
    the entire drive. And it runs fine without any issues.

It just seems like the Settings app can't access it for some reason.

So, what gives? How can I fix it? Would it be a permissions issue seeing as though I'm the sole owner? You usually see SYSTEM and TrustedInstaller on that list, but that's not the case here.

eddie.exe, Aug 9, 2024
  4. Secondary 1TB external hard drive not showing up in Storage. How do I fix it so I can...

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Aug 9, 2024
Thema:

Secondary 1TB external hard drive not showing up in Storage. How do I fix it so I can...

1. Secondary 1TB external hard drive not showing up in Storage. How do I fix it so I can... - Similar Threads - Secondary 1TB external

2. How Can I Fix My External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Fix My External Hard Drive: So everything was working but when I tried opening one of my files, it said it was corrupted. I tried to delete the file and it didn’t work. Tried the CHKDSK method to try and fix the issue but it ended up causing things to crash. I tried restarting my computer and come to...
  3. How Can I Fix My External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Fix My External Hard Drive: So everything was working but when I tried opening one of my files, it said it was corrupted. I tried to delete the file and it didn’t work. Tried the CHKDSK method to try and fix the issue but it ended up causing things to crash. I tried restarting my computer and come to...
  4. Secondary 1TB external hard drive not showing up in Storage. How do I fix it so I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary 1TB external hard drive not showing up in Storage. How do I fix it so I can...: ....... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secondary-1tb-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up/d1658e94-351e-4268-a955-feb12b98f91c
  5. Can I extend my SSD storage by combining it with an external 1TB hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I extend my SSD storage by combining it with an external 1TB hard drive?: My internal SSD has only about 1 GB left on it, and I recently bought a 1 TB external hard drive. I'm wondering if I can add on the external hard drive storage to the SSD storage, or if I can make the external drive the main drive without making my BIOS shit itself....
  6. Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive: Drive won't be recognized by Windows 10. Toshiba states it's because of a windows 10 update. How do I remedy this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-1tb-external-hard-drive/c97c98c0-f558-41d9-9099-f8690942888e
  7. how do i back up one drive to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i back up one drive to an external hard drive: how do i back up one drive to an external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-back-up-one-drive-to-an-external-hard/3bddc1b7-ecac-49a4-8e33-d768282fafad
  8. External Hard Drive Not Showing UP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Not Showing UP: Hello, I am using a WD external hard drive to transfer files from one Windows 10 machine to others. The first machine saw the disk fine, and I added all of the data. The next two machines saw the disk fine, and I transferred all of the date. The fourth machine does not...
  9. Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive

Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive: I have an Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive that I cannot get to connect to my new computer. What do I need to do to get it to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/iomega-1tb-external-hard-drive/5860dd62-9401-40e1-9671-23a6f9939118
  10. How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?

How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?: I am new to the forum. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but hoping someone here can direct me or might know. I purchased a 1TB hard drive to place media files on it so that I could plug it into my DVD player which has a USB port. I made sure to...