Windows 10: "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

Discus and support "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have a laptop connected to a samsung TV via HDMI, but after 30 mins or so, the TV screen becomes dim and dark. I followed one of the tutorials on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LostShaolin, Mar 16, 2023.

1. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

So I have a laptop connected to a samsung TV via HDMI, but after 30 mins or so, the TV screen becomes dim and dark. I followed one of the tutorials on the Samsung website and it says I need to adjust the "SDR content appearance" slider to get the right balance, but that option is missing and I don't see it anywhere, can anyone help me with this?I'm running Windows 10 Home 64 bit, my product is a HP Laptop 15-ef1040nr and the processor is a AMD Athlon Gold 3150U with Radeon Graphics 2.40 GHz with 4.00GB RAM.

:)

LostShaolin, Mar 16, 2023

2. Windows 10 HDR & SDR

Hi i would like to know is it possible in windows 10 to watch a HDR content on a SDR monitor so it looks like a proper SDR content.

Because more and more movies is HDR and on my HDR tv it is all great even in windows playing HDR content AND SDR content on HDR screen works properly. Problem is when playing HDR content on normal pc monitor picture is way to dark contrast is all wrong.
    Yea i can fix it in some way in the players with the brightness and gamma sliders but it still doesnt look like the original sdr content.

I would like to fix this issue because soon al my video content will be in HDR but i am not always vieving this on HDR screen. Sometimes i would like to watch it on my phone or my pc or my friends house and in all those places with SDR screens looks way
    worse than a normal SDR content.

jursleglov, Mar 16, 2023
  3. SDR content brightness revert to 0 after monitor HDR status change

I'm currently running windows 11 OS build 22000.282, using Odyssey G9 monitor from Samsung showing as LC49G95T in 'Settings-System-Display-HDR'.

After use HDR option turned on, my monitor blacked for a few seconds, then at the top left corner it shows 'DisplayPort1 (HDR)', then my screen slowly getting dimmer and dimmer (while I'm at desktop and only Settings opened). Changing SDR content brightness slider is indeed working, and I can make SDR content looks as bright as before HDR turned on. But if I try to launch a game doesn't support HDR or Auto HDR, for example Rainbow Six: Siege, my screen blacked few seconds and top left corner says 'DisplayPort1', my game looks normal as in SDR mode.

Then when I close the game, my screen blacked and it goes back to 'DisplayPort1 (HDR)', and slowly getting dimmer and dimmer, the brightness at this point is the same as the SDR content brightness slider in HDR settings moves all the way to 0.

When I check in the settings, the slider keeps at the spot last time I configured, but if I move it a little, the brightness changes to set value. This option is currently broken for me, as every time my monitor goes from non-HDR to HDR, I need to move the SDR content brightness slider again to make it work.

Tiger Schnee, Mar 16, 2023
  4. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

Hello,

After each user session change, that means every day since april 2018, I have to adjust the SDR content appearance setting because this setting value is not taken into account at logon. The result is a dark screen.

The SDR Content appearance slide remains at the correct saved value (around 60% in my case), but I have to touch it (every day) to have my screen at the correct SDR brightness.

It is an issue that has last since Windows 10 build 1803 when HDR capabilities have been introduced in Windows 10. I just reinstalled Windows (last version) on a blank disk and I still have the issue.

It is a very annoying bug and I don't understand why it has not been fixed since april 2018. It is not listed in the known issues:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings

Thank you for help,

A. Brenelièere

abreneliere, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

"SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

1. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing. - Similar Threads - SDR content appearance

2. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.: So I have a laptop connected to a samsung TV via HDMI, but after 30 mins or so, the TV screen becomes dim and dark. I followed one of the tutorials on the Samsung website and it says I need to adjust the "SDR content appearance" slider to get the right balance, but that...
  3. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.: So I have a laptop connected to a samsung TV via HDMI, but after 30 mins or so, the TV screen becomes dim and dark. I followed one of the tutorials on the Samsung website and it says I need to adjust the "SDR content appearance" slider to get the right balance, but that...
  4. Screenshot with HDR enabled is washed out. The SDR content brightness slider is to blame.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshot with HDR enabled is washed out. The SDR content brightness slider is to blame.: I currently use a Dell Alienware AW423DW QDOLED display that fully supports HDR on Win 11 Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000HDR itself works fine, but when I take a screenshot with either print screen or a 3rd party tool, its washed out.It also causes stuff like websites Even...
  5. Screenshot with HDR enabled is washed out. The SDR content brightness slider is to blame.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot with HDR enabled is washed out. The SDR content brightness slider is to blame.: I currently use a Dell Alienware AW423DW QDOLED display that fully supports HDR on Win 11 Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000HDR itself works fine, but when I take a screenshot with either print screen or a 3rd party tool, its washed out.It also causes stuff like websites Even...
  6. Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback: Hi, I'm having trouble setting up HDR video playback on my new 2019 HP Spectre 15.6 OLED laptop. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit. Although I can play HDR video from VLC and Netflix, I'm having trouble adjusting it When I go into "Windows HD Color Settings" I only see a...
  7. SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change: Hello, After each user session change, that means every day since april 2018, I have to adjust the SDR content appearance setting because this setting value is not taken into account at logon. The result is a dark screen. The SDR Content appearance slide remains at the...
  8. SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change: Hello, It is an issue that has last since Windows 10 build 1803 when HDR capabilities have been introduced in Windows 10. I just reinstalled Windows (last version) on a blank disk and I still have the issue. After each user session change, that means every day since april...
  9. Very annoying Windows bug about SDR content appearance setting (since Windows 1804)

Very annoying Windows bug about SDR content appearance setting (since Windows 1804): Hello, I have two displays: one HDR capable display (Samsung LC32HG7) and a non HDR display (Iiyama). I set the SDR content appearance slide to 50% on the LC32HG7 display. When I change to another user's session and I go back to my session the HDR screen goes dark....
  10. Bluetooth Slider Not Appearing

Bluetooth Slider Not Appearing: I'm trying to connect my Xbox One controller to my pc via Bluetooth and when I go into Bluetooth settings, the slider to toggle on and off Bluetooth isn't there. (see picture) I've googled it and people say to go to the control center and turn it on that way but the Bluetooth...