Windows 10: Screenshot Windows Key + Print Screen PrtSc not saving screenshots to Pictures folder

Discus and support Screenshot Windows Key + Print Screen PrtSc not saving screenshots to Pictures folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Solved this already when I encountered it and submitted a bug report but thought I'd place this here in case someone's in a similar situation and is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anthony.zang, Aug 3, 2024.

1. Screenshot Windows Key + Print Screen PrtSc not saving screenshots to Pictures folder

Solved this already when I encountered it and submitted a bug report but thought I'd place this here in case someone's in a similar situation and is trying to Google their way out.Problem: Windows + Print Screen shortcut makes the greying animation indicating that the screenshot was a success but it won't appear in the screenshots folder.Solution: - Open the windows registry either Windows + R then enter "regedit" or search "registry" in the Windows search bar.- Allow administrator- Click through to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Fol

:)

anthony.zang, Aug 3, 2024

2. How to save screenshots to the Screenshots folder using just the PrtSc key on Windows 10?

I used to take screenshots all the time just by hitting the PrtSc key on my keyboard, and they would always go right to This PC > Pictures > Screenshots, but it hasn't been working like this recently. Now, instead of going to my Screenshots folder, it just copies to my clipboard, so I have to paste it and then save it in order to keep the screenshot when I didn't have any of these additional steps before.

I believe the issue started sometime after I first tried using Snip & Sketch where I'd hit windows+shift+S. My computer hasn't taken screenshots the same way after that. I'd prefer not to do it this way however, because it also requires the additional steps of pasting it and saving it, and because it requires multiple keys to be pressed.

Now I am able to save screenshots directly to my Screenshots folder by hitting Windows+PrtSc but this requires the use of two hands, which is impractical for me.

How can I save screenshots the way I used to by just pressing the PrtSc key?

ShayRodriguez, Aug 3, 2024
  3. NickosD Win User
    Not able to save screenshots

Wrong. The print screen button saves the image on clipboard (you can try it yourself). Pressing win key + print button, also saves the image on clipboard, but mainly you use it to auto save it in pictures/screenshot folder

I dont like it. I also want to take in game screenshots, so it's not convenient

OneDrive is off. But I checked anyway

I dont understand why you need proof of what I'm saying, but here you go

Screenshot Windows Key + Print Screen PrtSc not saving screenshots to Pictures folder 272059d1585325603t-not-able-save-screenshots-screenshot.png

NickosD, Aug 3, 2024
  4. Try3 Win User

Screenshot Windows Key + Print Screen PrtSc not saving screenshots to Pictures folder

Winkey+PrtSc Not Saving Screenshots to Directory

Since Fn+Winkey+PrtSc is not a recognised keyboard shortcut, I assume that you have a laptop and the Fn key was necessary because the PrtSc key has two functions.

Your keyboard probably has a key combination that toggles normal behaviour between the Fn key being off [hence your Fn+Winkey+PrtSc] and the Fn key being on [so you should now be able to take Screenshots using just Winkey+PrtSc].

Each manufacturer has its own idea of what a suitable keyboard shortcut would be to toggle between these two behaviours; it is not a Windows setting. On one of my computers, just for example, it's Fn+Esc and the Esc key has a padlock symbol on it to help me remember when I need to. You will need to look all over your keyboard, study your computer manual, search your computer maker's website or try any user support forum that they host.

Denis

Try3, Aug 3, 2024
Thema:

Screenshot Windows Key + Print Screen PrtSc not saving screenshots to Pictures folder

1. Screenshot Windows Key + Print Screen PrtSc not saving screenshots to Pictures folder - Similar Threads - Screenshot Key Print

2. Screenshot Windows Key + Print Screen PrtSc not saving screenshots to Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot Windows Key + Print Screen PrtSc not saving screenshots to Pictures folder: Solved this already when I encountered it and submitted a bug report but thought I'd place this here in case someone's in a similar situation and is trying to Google their way out.Problem: Windows + Print Screen shortcut makes the greying animation indicating that the...
  3. Screenshot Windows Key + Print Screen PrtSc not saving screenshots to Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshot Windows Key + Print Screen PrtSc not saving screenshots to Pictures folder: Solved this already when I encountered it and submitted a bug report but thought I'd place this here in case someone's in a similar situation and is trying to Google their way out.Problem: Windows + Print Screen shortcut makes the greying animation indicating that the...
  4. How to save screenshots to the Screenshots folder using just the PrtSc key on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to save screenshots to the Screenshots folder using just the PrtSc key on Windows 10?: I used to take screenshots all the time just by hitting the PrtSc key on my keyboard, and they would always go right to This PC > Pictures > Screenshots, but it hasn't been working like this recently. Now, instead of going to my Screenshots folder, it just copies to my...
  5. How to save screenshots to the Screenshots folder using just the PrtSc key on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save screenshots to the Screenshots folder using just the PrtSc key on Windows 10?: I used to take screenshots all the time just by hitting the PrtSc key on my keyboard, and they would always go right to This PC > Pictures > Screenshots, but it hasn't been working like this recently. Now, instead of going to my Screenshots folder, it just copies to my...
  6. How to save screenshots to the Screenshots folder using just the PrtSc key on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win+PrtSc dims screen but screenshots don't appear in the dedicated screenshots folder.

Win+PrtSc dims screen but screenshots don't appear in the dedicated screenshots folder.: I have been using Win+PrtSc to take screenshots for as long as I can remember. It used to save them in the default screenshots folder in the pictures section of the file explorer. But last week I noticed that screenshots dont appear in the folder anymore. When i hit the keys,...
  8. Winkey+PrtSc Not Saving Screenshots to Directory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Winkey+PrtSc Not Saving Screenshots to Directory: I'm on OS Build 19041.630. Yesterday, I was able to use Fn+Winkey+PrtSc to save screenshots to the folder in my Pictures directory. I would get the screen dim and the sound and it was fine. Today, this is no longer working. I went into the properties of my screenshots folder...
  9. Screenshots - Print Screen, Ctrl+PrtSc, Win+Fn+PrtSc - not working

Screenshots - Print Screen, Ctrl+PrtSc, Win+Fn+PrtSc - not working: *** I have already read all the different ways and locations for taking/saving screenshots, so please don't waste my time, or yours, by going through that tripe. *** Now, I have tried going through explorer and searching for my Screenshots folder...NONE located in Pictures...
  10. PrtSc screenshots

PrtSc screenshots: PrtSc screenshots used to got to OneDrive>Pictures>Screenshots -- up thru 3-25-19; now they disappear into space. There is no Screenshots folder in User>Pictures. Where else could they be going?...