Windows 10: Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

Discus and support Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have my screen turn off set to one hour in Power and Sleep. Every couple of days it reverts back to 15 minutes and I have to go in to settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sdrum, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Sdrum Win User

Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

I have my screen turn off set to one hour in Power and Sleep. Every couple of days it reverts back to 15 minutes and I have to go in to settings and change it again. How do I get this to stay on one hour?

:)

Sdrum, Jul 12, 2023

2. Screen Sleep

Hi Al,

You can disable screen sleep by configuring the Power Settings. To configure the Power Settings, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Power & Sleep.
    • Under Sleep, select Never from the drop-down menu.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jul 12, 2023
  3. AlHeline Win User
    Screen Sleep

That only works until you reboot or power down. Then, it is back to the 15 minute setting. I am trying to kill screen sleep forever.

AlHeline, Jul 12, 2023
  4. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jul 12, 2023
Thema:

Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

1. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep - Similar Threads - Screen Saved Power

2. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep: I have my screen turn off set to one hour in Power and Sleep. Every couple of days it reverts back to 15 minutes and I have to go in to settings and change it again. How do I get this to stay on one hour?...
  3. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep: I have my screen turn off set to one hour in Power and Sleep. Every couple of days it reverts back to 15 minutes and I have to go in to settings and change it again. How do I get this to stay on one hour?...
  4. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and Sleep choices will not save: I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?...
  5. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and Sleep choices will not save: I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?...
  6. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Power and sleep setting won't save.

Power and sleep setting won't save.: My power and sleep settings won't stay how I set them. Every time I reboot, they go back to a default of turning off the display after 1 hour and sleeping the PC at 2 hours. I don't need to save battery power on this desktop PC and I want it to stay on....
  8. screen saving and timing out

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen saving and timing out: DEspite setting power savings and screen saver appearance for 30-60 minutes, within two minutes of leaving my machine inactive a blank screen appears and I have to log back in. Any suggestions as to how to correct this problem?...
  9. Power saving options (screen saver & sleep) not working.

Power saving options (screen saver & sleep) not working.: Hello all, Like the topic of the post says, the power options are not working correctly. I set the time for the screen saver to come on as well as the timer to put the computer to sleep and after monitoring the computer, neither did as was intended. I have manipulated the...
  10. I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep: I change Power & Sleep time from 15 min to 30 min. When I restart the time is back to 15 min. I checked and I am the admin. I changed acct to local from Win. Still no joy. Without going into some kind of registry trying stuff way over my head, isn't there some kind of...