Windows 10: Screen goes black when im watching videos, movies.

Discus and support Screen goes black when im watching videos, movies. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I changed that option about screen turning off after several minutes to never still same problem. submitted by /u/enido777 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/enido777, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Screen goes black when im watching videos, movies.

I changed that option about screen turning off after several minutes to never still same problem.

submitted by /u/enido777
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/enido777, Apr 22, 2020

2. Screen goes black while playing videos

Original Title: Screen goes black.

Whenever I'm watching a movie or streaming something online, my screen goes black and then says the computer ran into a problem and has to restart. Its really annoying. It says something like video drn failure. Can someone help me?

JohnCandia, May 23, 2020
  3. Black screen during and after watching video

Cause: I have a problem with my new Windows 10 PC that during streaming a video the entire screen goes black at a random point during the video. This occurred multiple times when watching a trailer using the Steam application (full screen) and also in Microsoft Edge when streaming an Adobe Flash video (not full screen). It doesn't seem to be exactly reproducible, watching the same video again doesn't always crash it. This hasn't occurred on YouTube (HTML5 video) in Firefox (yet?).

Effect: The sound continues but the screen goes black. Only the cursor is still visible. Even key-combinations like Ctrl+Shift+Esc, Ctrl+Alt+Del, Win+L (Lock user) and Ctrl+Win+Left/Right (Change desktop) doesn't unblock the screen. It seems like the computer is still working because the cursor changes to the resize cursor or select cursor at certain positions on the screen. Switching the monitor off and on again doesn't help either. After hibernating the computer (using the power button) the same effect is present but now the screen is grey instead of black. The only way I found to get rid of this effect is to completely restart the PC.

SW-Versions: I have the newest version of Windows 10 (at the time of this writing, 06.06.2016 14:30), the newest version of Flash (21.0.0.242), the newest version of Edge (25.10586.0.0 / 13.10586), the newest version of Steam (Package version 1461972496) and Radeon Software Version 15.11 (Graphics Chipset: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series).

Any ideas how to preferably solve the problem permanently or just how to "snap out of it" when it does occur?
    Thanks in advance!

Thomas Brown, May 23, 2020
  4. Screen goes black when im watching videos, movies.

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Screen goes black when im watching videos, movies.

1. Screen goes black when im watching videos, movies. - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Screen going black when watching videos in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen going black when watching videos in fullscreen: Hello, Recently, I tried to boost my performance for a game called Counter Strike 2. When I was doing that, I must have changed some setting in my system that now causes this issue. Whenever I try to watch a video in fullscreen youtube, twitch, downloaded videos in my PC,...
  3. Screen going black when watching videos in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen going black when watching videos in fullscreen: Hello, Recently, I tried to boost my performance for a game called Counter Strike 2. When I was doing that, I must have changed some setting in my system that now causes this issue. Whenever I try to watch a video in fullscreen youtube, twitch, downloaded videos in my PC,...
  4. Screen going black when watching videos in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. black screen when browsing or watching videos on YT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen when browsing or watching videos on YT: this problem is coming and going...its happeing every 2-3 days or sont!KeBugCheckEx:fffff806`043f6f20 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:ffff850b`131eefa0=00000000000000500: kd> !analyze...
  6. Black Screen/Green Pixely Screen when watching a video in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen/Green Pixely Screen when watching a video in fullscreen: This just started today and I've spent hours trying to fix it. I have been to multiple websites, YouTube videos, etc trying to fix this issue. I have tested this on Chrome and Edge, both have the same problem. When the video isn't in full-screen there is no problem watching...
  7. volume goes down when im watching a video or listening to music

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume goes down when im watching a video or listening to music: how can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-goes-down-when-im-watching-a-video-or/65806712-6875-4e0c-81f8-78b6259df092
  8. Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen: There is a problem, when I watch long videos on youtube 15+ minutes the screen goes black automatically. It is fullscreen, I use Chrome, it should not go into sleep mode but it does. I don`t want to turn off the sleep mode because it is useful because I can leave my PC...
  9. My screen goes black when I try and watch a youtube video. Can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen goes black when I try and watch a youtube video. Can anyone help?: Recently I got a new computer and have had a few problems. Anyway to cut a long story short. It's 8gb I use the Chrome Browser and it runs Windows 10 Pro....
  10. Screen blacking out while watching videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen blacking out while watching videos: Hi . When watching videos on my laptop (hp envy x360) The screen continues to black out while the sound plays in the background. I am unsure whether it is a faulty driver or I need to update my laptop ? Hope you can help Thanks...