Windows 10: Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2

Discus and support Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 11 Pro 23H2, and received the KB4023057 along with it.After getting the updates, the laptop does not resume correctly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kai Harrekilde-Petersen, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2

I recently upgraded to Windows 11 Pro 23H2, and received the KB4023057 along with it.After getting the updates, the laptop does not resume correctly from sleep: the keyboard backlight and caps LED works correctly, but the display does not turn on.Computer is a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 10 laptop i7-1255U CPU. The laptop is updated with all updates from Windows update, and I have ensured that all Lenovo updates incl BIOS are applied.Using the BlueScreenView tool suggested in the forums, the minidumps all reports DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in ntoskrnl.exe.Minidump: https://drive.google.c

:)

Kai Harrekilde-Petersen, Nov 9, 2023

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Nov 9, 2023
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

hi, thank you. I followed your advice but just worked for turn off and turn on and I am still encountering the screen not on after sleep. look forward to any further assistance for this screen not on after sleep. Thank you

4. Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Dear EK, Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried to update the display drivers by following your instruction but I still encountered the same problem "not screen is still black, not turn on after sleep". Looking for more assistance on this matter.

Thema:

Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2

1. Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2 - Similar Threads - Screen does turn

2. Win11 23H2 fails to reboot after installation of latest update KB5043076

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 23H2 fails to reboot after installation of latest update KB5043076: I did an automatic update last night to KB5044376. This morning I notice my Win11 computer was still on even though was supposed to reboot and turn off. The screen indicated that a reboot was unsuccessful and gave an option to repair what caused the failure to reboot - but it...
  3. Win11 23H2 fails to reboot after installation of latest update KB5043076

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 23H2 fails to reboot after installation of latest update KB5043076: I did an automatic update last night to KB5044376. This morning I notice my Win11 computer was still on even though was supposed to reboot and turn off. The screen indicated that a reboot was unsuccessful and gave an option to repair what caused the failure to reboot - but it...
  4. Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2

Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 Pro 23H2, and received the KB4023057 along with it.After getting the updates, the laptop does not resume correctly from sleep: the keyboard backlight and caps LED works correctly, but the display does not turn on.Computer is a Lenovo ThinkPad...
  5. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  6. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  7. Screen Not Turning On After Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Not Turning On After Sleep: I have a problem where sometimes my computer will not wake up after it goes to sleep. It's very frustrating because no matter what buttons I press, the only option is to do a hard shutdown and power it up again, which closes all the work I was doing. Sometimes it wakes up as...
  8. Screen won't turn on after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen won't turn on after sleep: This problem has been around for quite sometime now, don't know when exactly it started. But whenever the laptop goes to sleep, then I press any button to wake it up, only the little led at the bottom turn on, but the screen stays black. What can I try to fix it? Thanks 169012
  9. pc does not go to sleep after turning on hotspot

pc does not go to sleep after turning on hotspot: hi there, i am facing an issue regarding my pc sleep mode. actually after closing the lid pc should go to sleep mode according to settings and it works fine until i turn on my laptops hotspot. after turning on the hotspot it does go to sleep mode even after closing the lid...
  10. Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode

Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode: Hi, my name is Andres Morales, and I have a laptop of MSI called GL62M 7REX. Which have an Intel I5 of 7th generation, Nvidia GTX1050 TI,... Two days ago I install a new SDD because the laptop only had an HDD of 1TB, and I decided to buy an chinese SSD of 120 GB. Then I...