Windows 10: Schannel

Discus and support Schannel in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After some update on February 24, 2021 I have been getting some errors regarding TLS client credential. The event viewer states "A fatal error occurred... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pho745, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Pho745 Win User

Schannel

After some update on February 24, 2021 I have been getting some errors regarding TLS client credential. The event viewer states "A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10013." The last time I ever received this according to event viewer was last year and that was only on one day.

Schannel 26efd236-9159-478e-b5ed-47d56e540019?upload=true.png Schannel f5002106-a6bc-4b44-af08-e6989e0ae683?upload=true.png

:)

Pho745, Feb 25, 2021

2. When will TLS 1.3 be available in SCHANNEL?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you want to know, when TLS 1.3 will be available in SCHANNEL.

Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where
    we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on TLS to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Please refer this article:
    Transport Layer Security (TLS) best practices with the .NET Framework

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Event 36871,Schannel

Recently, Ive been getting these errors in the log files, regarding Schannel, Event 36871 while creating a TLS client credential, Microsoft event 10013. I do not have a server connected to my home network, only use Microsoft Office Outlook for mail. I
    have followed post regarding changing the registry settings and modifing /adding keys to the HKLM\System\CurrentcontrolSet\Control\SecurityProviders\Schannel\Protocols\SSL2.0 and dword for Client.

Flushed DNS, reset primary DNS to default of ISP. Does anyone have a clear explaination of these errors?

JohnSalzano, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Schannel

Schannel, error 36887

My screen goes blank for 2 to 3 seconds and when I check the event viewer, I see an Schannel error and the event ID number is 36887. I am running Windows 10. The blank screen phenomenon is a random event and does not seem to cause any other difficulty.
    Any thoughts as to what is causing this problem. Thanks.

JohnKojcsich, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Schannel

1. Schannel - Similar Threads - Schannel

2. Schannel Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schannel Error: Hello, as of yesterday I've begun encountering an error in Call of Duty Black Ops 4 where the game will crash shortly after launching and my PC will output and Schannel error with the Event ID: 36884. The readout from the event viewer is as follows:"The certificate received...
  3. Schannel Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Schannel Error: Hello, as of yesterday I've begun encountering an error in Call of Duty Black Ops 4 where the game will crash shortly after launching and my PC will output and Schannel error with the Event ID: 36884. The readout from the event viewer is as follows:"The certificate received...
  4. Schannel Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schannel Error: I keep getting this error when playing MW19. I just got a new PC, it's a Windows 11. The certificate received from the remote server does not contain the expected name. It is therefore not possible to determine whether we are connecting to the correct server. The server name...
  5. Schannel Error

Schannel Error: I keep getting this error when playing MW19. I just got a new PC, it's a Windows 11. The certificate received from the remote server does not contain the expected name. It is therefore not possible to determine whether we are connecting to the correct server. The server name...
  6. Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error: Hello all,I have a Windows Server 2016 that host MDT, and its been getting flooded with Schannel Error every few seconds. Error description: "A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10011."Currently I only have TLS 1.2...
  7. Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error

Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error: Hello all,I have a Windows Server 2016 that host MDT, and its been getting flooded with Schannel Error every few seconds. Error description: "A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10011."Currently I only have TLS 1.2...
  8. Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022: Hey there,how can I enable logging in windows Server 2022? The only official link I could find is this onehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/webapps/iis/health-diagnostic-performance/enable-schannel-event-logging#more-informationwhich does not explicitly...
  9. Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022

Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022: Hey there,how can I enable logging in windows Server 2022? The only official link I could find is this onehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/webapps/iis/health-diagnostic-performance/enable-schannel-event-logging#more-informationwhich does not explicitly...
  10. Multiple BSODs in a month, Event Viewer cites "Schannel" and "Kernel-Boot" mainly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs in a month, Event Viewer cites "Schannel" and "Kernel-Boot" mainly: The BSOD crashes range anywhere from hours apart, to days apart, to minutes apart. I just experienced three in the past 15 minutes. Event Log displays these as the most recent errors:A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is...