Windows 10: Scanning a single file results in multiple files scanned causing slowdowns of io bound...

Discus and support Scanning a single file results in multiple files scanned causing slowdowns of io bound... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I found out that Windows Defender is the main bottleneck of my script that needs to read around 14 000 pdf files. When I scan a single one of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by marcmorin99, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Scanning a single file results in multiple files scanned causing slowdowns of io bound...

Hi, I found out that Windows Defender is the main bottleneck of my script that needs to read around 14 000 pdf files.

When I scan a single one of those pdf, windows defender takes around 4 seconds to scan it and shows that there were 760 files scanned.

If I rerun the scan on the same folder in the following 15 or 30 minutes, the scan is instantanuous and displays that only one file was scanned.

How can I solve this issue or elevate it so that it is fixed. I often create processes that needs to be able to run io intensive jobs so I will be forever thankfull I anything helps. I dont have admin rights, so I can't exclude files to scan

See this thread that I made for more info: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66718358/python-why-opening-an-xfa-pdf-file-takes-longer-than-a-txt-file-of-same-size/66718703

:)

marcmorin99, Mar 20, 2021

2. scanning multiple pages into a single PDF file

How can I scan multiple pages into a single PDF (scanned) file? I'm using Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop and have an HP 4600 printer/scanner.

StephenHastings, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Scanning multiple pages in to one single document​

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to scan multiple pages into one document. You can achieve the task by scanning all the pages into one PDF file.

• What is the make and model of the scanner?

I would suggest you to refer the articles mentioned below, depending on the scanner you are using to scan the document.

For HP Scanners:

HP Printers - How to Scan (Windows)
    , refer the section
    How do I save multiple documents or photos as a single PDF?

For Brother Scanners:

Scan multiple pages into one file instead of each scan being saved as a separate file

For EPSON Scanners:

Scan Multiple Pages to a PDF File

For Canon Scanners:

Scanning multiple pages to a single PDF file using MP Navigator EX (Scanners)
    and

Scan multiple documents using the IJ Scan Utility

Note:
    Since Microsoft does not host the websites, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Scanning a single file results in multiple files scanned causing slowdowns of io bound...

how to scan multiple page document into a single file

I suggest you use the Brother Control Centre. It has inbuilt facilities for scanning multiple pages into a single .pdf file:

Scanning a single file results in multiple files scanned causing slowdowns of io bound... 77efc41a-e04d-407a-a6ba-b99c6ceb5982.jpg

Frederik Long, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Scanning a single file results in multiple files scanned causing slowdowns of io bound...

1. Scanning a single file results in multiple files scanned causing slowdowns of io bound... - Similar Threads - Scanning single file

2. Scan results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan results: Slow processing caused me to run Microsoft Safety Scanner - 1.369.612.0. While the running, it counted 23 infected files but ended with the statement "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected." This makes...
  3. Scan results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan results: Slow processing caused me to run Microsoft Safety Scanner - 1.369.612.0. While the running, it counted 23 infected files but ended with the statement "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected." This makes...
  4. Scan results

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scan resulted in missing dll files "StartupCheckLibrary.dll"?

Scan resulted in missing dll files "StartupCheckLibrary.dll"?: I recently used "restoro" to try and resolve some issues with my pc but this just resulted in some quaranteed files that I don't know what they really do. I tried to make restoro revert the changes but no difference. also did troubleshooting from another similiar thread. what...
  6. scan multiple pages to separate files

in Windows 10 Customization
    scan multiple pages to separate files: we have a brother mfc-8510dn printer and want to scan multiple pages to separate file. how do we do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-multiple-pages-to-separate-files/230b1c6c-d74d-4475-b4fd-764e7a6a83b6
  7. Sfc scan log file results

Sfc scan log file results: I've noticed some issues with my PC recently and decided to do a sfc/scannow. It said corrupt files were found but unable to be fixed and pointed out the logs location but i have no idea how to see whats actually wrong within the log, so if anyone could help me that would be...
  8. Scan Single File with Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scan Single File with Windows Defender: Windows support information states that to scan a single file or folder to <rightclick> the item in file explorer and select "scan" In win8.1 there is no "scan" option when a file or folder is <rightclicked> Any options to scan individual items? Thanks in advance,...
  9. HP Laser Jet 3055- can't scan to PDF, can't scan multiple pages to a single file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laser Jet 3055- can't scan to PDF, can't scan multiple pages to a single file: am using hp laser jet 3055, i have downloaded the printer driver for windows 10. after downloading i used the windows scan feature to scan my doc, where am able to scan to image format but am not able to scan into Pdf. and also not able to scan multiple page in to single...
  10. scan multiple pages into a single PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scan multiple pages into a single PDF: I have installed a HP 2545 printer scanner but cannot scan multiple pages into one PDF document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scan-multiple-pages-into-a-single-pdf/4f94c490-9a49-4104-9ed9-8d053b8f98b1