Windows 10: SATA SSDs Shown in BIOS are Not Recognized by Windows 11

Discus and support SATA SSDs Shown in BIOS are Not Recognized by Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a relatively new computer that I am trying to add new SSDs to, but although the SSDs are recognized name and SATA port in the BIOS, they are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacob_385, Sep 25, 2024 at 12:17 AM.

1. Jacob_385 Win User

SATA SSDs Shown in BIOS are Not Recognized by Windows 11

I have a relatively new computer that I am trying to add new SSDs to, but although the SSDs are recognized name and SATA port in the BIOS, they are not appearing in Disk Management or diskpart. I have tried:new SATA cablesdisabling VMD in the BIOS

:)

2. My m.2 ssd is recognized in bios, but not as a boot device

Thank you very much for reaching out! As an Independent Advisor and fellow Microsoft user, I'm more than happy to assist you.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

1. Check BIOS Settings

Ensure that your BIOS settings are correctly configured to recognize the M.2 SSD as a boot device:

• Enable CSM (Compatibility Support Module): Sometimes, enabling CSM can help the BIOS recognize the SSD as a boot device. You can find this option under the Boot tab in the BIOS settings.
    • Set Boot Priority: Make sure the M.2 SSD is set as the first boot device in the boot priority list.
    2. Update BIOS

Updating your motherboard's BIOS to the latest version can resolve compatibility issues with new hardware:

• Visit the ASUS official website to download the latest BIOS update for your ROG Strix B650 Wi-Fi motherboard.
    3. Reinstall the SSD

Ensure that the M.2 SSD is properly installed:

• Remove the SSD and reinsert it firmly into the M.2 slot. Make sure it is securely fastened with the screw.
    4. Initialize the SSD

If the SSD is new, it might need to be initialized:

• Boot into Windows using another drive, open Disk Management, and initialize the SSD as either MBR or GPT.
    5. Check for Drive Mode Compatibility

Ensure that the M.2 slot you are using supports the type of SSD you have (SATA vs. NVMe):

• Some M.2 slots only support either SATA or NVMe, not both. Refer to your motherboard manual to confirm compatibility.
    6. Repair Boot Configuration

If the SSD has Windows installed but is not recognized as a boot device, you might need to repair the boot configuration:

• Boot from a Windows installation USB, go to the command prompt, and use the following commands:

This can help rebuild the boot configuration data.
    7. Check for Hardware Issues

If none of the above steps work, there might be a hardware issue with the SSD or the motherboard:

• Test the SSD in another system to see if it is recognized as a boot device.
    • If the SSD works in another system, the issue might be with the motherboard. Consider contacting ASUS support for further assistance.
    Please feel free to reach out if you require any additional assistance. I'm here to help!

Munkhbayar B., Sep 25, 2024 at 12:18 AM
  3. Wilian M. Win User
    SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with the ssd sata connected, if i remove it windows does not boot to m.2

obs: windows was installed on m.2 but the ssd sata was still connected, but windows was 100% installed on m.2, is there any way I can set m.2 as primary? (when i removed the ssd sata it did not recognize windows)

Sorry for my bad English

imgur.com

4. SATA SSDs Shown in BIOS are Not Recognized by Windows 11

No SATA settings in Bios

I installed a SSD in my dell computer and I want to change the SATA settings to AHCI - problem is I am unable to find where to change that setting in the BIOS. In fact, no where does it even mention SATA. I've tried all the suggestions of going to the
    registry and changing the values - but again there is no where in the BIOS that I can find to change the SATA.

Any help would be appreciated.

charleswaterfeet, Sep 25, 2024 at 12:18 AM
Thema:

SATA SSDs Shown in BIOS are Not Recognized by Windows 11

1. SATA SSDs Shown in BIOS are Not Recognized by Windows 11 - Similar Threads - SATA SSDs Shown

2. SATA SSDs Shown in BIOS are Not Recognized by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA SSDs Shown in BIOS are Not Recognized by Windows 11: I have a relatively new computer that I am trying to add new SSDs to, but although the SSDs are recognized name and SATA port in the BIOS, they are not appearing in Disk Management or diskpart. I have tried:new SATA cablesdisabling VMD in the BIOS...
  3. My bios will not recognize my sata 3 Drives help please

My bios will not recognize my sata 3 Drives help please: Hi I just built a new pc and swicthed my 3 sata 3hdd and the new computer would not boot to windows I checked the bios and switched the hdds to raid and then discovered the uefi compatabilty mode and after switching to that I can't access the drives at all. The system is an...
  4. Windows recognizes half the memory as shown in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recognizes half the memory as shown in bios: Yesterday I reseated my GPU after trying to upgrade it and realizing I am missing some cables. Today I noticed that windows is only recognizing half of the memory sticks. I am using 4 DIMMs with 8GB each. Windows was recognizing all 4 DIMMs just fine prior to reseating the...
  5. Windows recognizes half the memory as shown in bios

Windows recognizes half the memory as shown in bios: Yesterday I reseated my GPU after trying to upgrade it and realizing I am missing some cables. Today I noticed that windows is only recognizing half of the memory sticks. I am using 4 DIMMs with 8GB each. Windows was recognizing all 4 DIMMs just fine prior to reseating the...
  6. Windows 10 absolutely refuses to recognize 4 SSDs as SSDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 absolutely refuses to recognize 4 SSDs as SSDs: 4 of my 8 SSDs have their "Media type" in Defragment and Optimise Drives set to HDD. I feel like I've tried every troubleshooting step you can and I absolutely can't get it to switch to the proper media type. Tried: Get-PhysicalDisk Number FriendlyName SerialNumber...
  7. RSTe Not Recognizing NVME SSDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RSTe Not Recognizing NVME SSDs: Good day all! This is my first post here so I'll tag the intro on top. I'm Matthew Bourguignon. I own a small computer biz in Auburn, Alabama called BourgTech. I started doing business in 2011 in Daytona Beach, Florida. I've been tinkering with computers since I was 10 and I...
  8. SATA III SSD shown as SATA II

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SATA III SSD shown as SATA II: Hi everyone.*Nerd I have just noticed that my Intel 520 SSD Drive is showing as SATA II drive. Now, I am aware that it is connected to a SATA2_0 port controlled by native Intel SATA II controller on my mobo and current speed should be 3gb/s. Why does it say though that the...
  9. SATA HDD & SSD shown as removable

SATA HDD & SSD shown as removable: Bios does not have Hot Swap options for SATA drives. Interface is AHCI. Have tried: " reg.exe add “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\Parameters\Device” /f /v TreatAsInternalPort /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d x" Which corrects for one drive but when run on the second...
  10. SATA BIOS issues

SATA BIOS issues: I know it's not due to the operating system I'm having this issue but hoping I can get help. My BIOS won't detect more then 2 SATA devices connected to my motherboard. All devices work assuming they are the only two connected and also doesn't matter which 2 ports. Any help is...