Windows 10: Sabertooth 990FX PCI16, GTX 1080, No HDMI or DVI or checking two different graphic cards...

Discus and support Sabertooth 990FX PCI16, GTX 1080, No HDMI or DVI or checking two different graphic cards... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Disconnected 250GB crucial drive with Windows 10 from a Sabertooth 990FX to use in newer computer because Samsung EVO 870 failed after less than 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by s y_3, Aug 24, 2024.

1. s y_3 Win User

Sabertooth 990FX PCI16, GTX 1080, No HDMI or DVI or checking two different graphic cards...

Disconnected 250GB crucial drive with Windows 10 from a Sabertooth 990FX to use in newer computer because Samsung EVO 870 failed after less than 3 years, got a 250gb fanxiang drive for the newer computer operating system.I had another 2TB drive on the Sabertooth but I had a second install of windows on that drive but HDMI turned off on the boot after I used it put windows 10 on a usb for the newer pc because the windows 11 media creation tool wasn't working on my newer motherboard. Installed windows 10 on the fanxiang in the newer computer and I am using that currently.Put the 250gb crucial

:)

s y_3, Aug 24, 2024
  2. auggy Win User

Nvidia GTX 1080 performance issue.

I don't see any reason why the GTX 1080 would underperform the GTX 770 on that motherboard.

Have you run any benchmarks such as PassMark Performance Test to compare the two cards?

Should get double the G3D Mark with the GTX 1080:

PassMark - GeForce GTX 1080 - Price performance comparison

auggy, Aug 24, 2024
  3. RMayhem Win User
    Nvidia GTX 1080 performance issue.

Original title: NVidia GTX 1080 Running Slow

Hi,

I have recently finished building another PC the components are.

CPU: Intel 5820K

GPU: GTX 1080 (Asus)

Ram: 32GB

MOBO: Asus Sabertooth

I did have a GTX 770 installed until the GTX 1080 came out but i'm not getting very good graphic response. I use my PC for work for editing videos and Photos but it just doesn't seem that powerful and is performing on par with my old GTX 770 witch is a massive
    step underneath the new GTX 1080. I don't have any idea why its doing this unless is a Windows Driver Issue i cant seem to find anyone with the same problem, please help if you have any ideas!

Thank you for your time.

Rob

RMayhem, Aug 24, 2024
  4. MisterEd Win User

Sabertooth 990FX PCI16, GTX 1080, No HDMI or DVI or checking two different graphic cards...

Graphics card with HDMI input

I have to apologize because I was convinced that what you were doing was impossible. I did a lot of research and found the following... DVI-I Port on computer
    • Has pins for both digital (DVI) and analog (VGA) video outputs
    • DVI to DVI cable used to connect to monitor's DVI-D port
    • DVI to VGA adapter + VGA to VGA cable used to connect to monitor's VGA port
    DVI-D Port on computer
    • Has pins for digital (DVI) video output only
    • DVI to DVI cable used to connect to monitor's DVI-D port
    All the official sources said that DVI does not carry any audio. Most discussions agree with the official sources. However, a few in online discussions said that DVI could also carry audio. Unfortunately, none of them could prove it. Fortunately, the article Does DVI Carry Sound? explains what is going on. To summarize DVI-D ports have a lot of unused pins compared to DVD-I ones. Apparently, some manufacturers make use of these pins to carry audio. These audio pins only work if a DVI to HDMI adapter cable is used. Note the article also mentions that only video cards made in the last ten years supported that feature. That article is the only one of two referencew I could find that said that audio over DVI was even possible. Unfortunately, it doesn't explain where it got its information. I looked at documentation for several computers and video cards with DVI-D video ports. None of them made any mention of whether audio was possible from its DVI-D ports. I checked the specs for all my video cards with DVI ports. To my surprise only one had a DVI-D port. I used the computer with this video card to check whether the DVD-D port supported audio. By luck its monitor also has a 2 speakers. Normally I use a DVI to DVI video cable. For testing I substituted a DVI to HDMI cable. To my surprise when I switched the audio to the monitor sound started coming out of its speaker. Note I will never use the monitor's speakers for this computer's audio because it's only 1 watt.
    Sabertooth 990FX PCI16, GTX 1080, No HDMI or DVI or checking two different graphic cards... 389377d1681877998t-graphics-card-hdmi-input-dvd-d-hdmi.jpg

MisterEd, Aug 24, 2024
Thema:

1. Sabertooth 990FX PCI16, GTX 1080, No HDMI or DVI or checking two different graphic cards... - Similar Threads - Sabertooth 990FX PCI16

2. Sabertooth 990FX PCI16 Constant RED CPU light, No HDMI, working monitor on other computer,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sabertooth 990FX PCI16 Constant RED CPU light, No HDMI, working monitor on other computer,...: Disconnected 250GB crucial drive with Windows 10 from a Sabertooth 990FX to use in newer computer because Samsung EVO 870 failed after less than 3 years, got a 250gb fanxiang drive for the newer computer operating system.I had another 2TB drive on the Sabertooth but I had a...
  3. Sabertooth 990FX PCI16, GTX 1080, No HDMI or DVI or checking two different graphic cards...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sabertooth 990FX PCI16, GTX 1080, No HDMI or DVI or checking two different graphic cards...: Disconnected 250GB crucial drive with Windows 10 from a Sabertooth 990FX to use in newer computer because Samsung EVO 870 failed after less than 3 years, got a 250gb fanxiang drive for the newer computer operating system.I had another 2TB drive on the Sabertooth but I had a...
  4. Sabertooth 990FX PCI16, GTX 1080, No HDMI or DVI or checking two different graphic cards...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sabertooth 990FX PCI16, GTX 1080, No HDMI or DVI or checking two different graphic cards...: Disconnected 250GB crucial drive with Windows 10 from a Sabertooth 990FX to use in newer computer because Samsung EVO 870 failed after less than 3 years, got a 250gb fanxiang drive for the newer computer operating system.I had another 2TB drive on the Sabertooth but I had a...
  5. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card: Hello I run a dual pc setup windows 10 x64. I have razer external capture card I use for streaming. Usually every other time I restart my gaming pc it will boot into hdmi connection instead of dvi port which will cause me to have too restart it again till I get my gaming...
  6. Graphics card for dual display - 1GB HDMI & DVI vs 2GB HDMI & VGA?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card for dual display - 1GB HDMI & DVI vs 2GB HDMI & VGA?: Hello I have 2 Asus monitors with HDMI / DVI / VGA input. They are not 4K and are not used for any gaming or video editing. Only used for email, word, spreadsheets, web surfing etc. I have 2 older display cards and would like to get some opinions on what to use. In my PC:...
  7. GTX 1080 compatibility

GTX 1080 compatibility: Hi. I have a system with an i7 6700K, 16 Gigs of DDR4, Win 10 Home and a GTX 1080 However, the GTX 1080 will flicker and refuse to install its drivers if paired with a Ryzen 5 2600 on a B450 motherboard so I had to buy a Radeon RX 5700 XT for that system, that works very...
  8. GTX 1080 compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GTX 1080 compatibility: Hi. I have a system with an i7 6700K, 16 Gigs of DDR4, Win 10 Home and a GTX 1080 However, the GTX 1080 will flicker and refuse to install its drivers if paired with a Ryzen 5 2600 on a B450 motherboard so I had to buy a Radeon RX 5700 XT for that system, that works very...
  9. Use for two different Graphics cards?

Use for two different Graphics cards?: I've sent my 2080ti out for repair so in the mean time I bought an RX580 to get me by. If or When the 2080 comes back is there any reason to keep the 580 installed? I'm running 2 32" TV's and a 55"4K UHD as my main display. 1360x768 - 3840x2160 - 1360x768 Could I run the...
  10. DVI-D or DisplayPort to connect older NEC monitor to NVidia GTX 1080?

DVI-D or DisplayPort to connect older NEC monitor to NVidia GTX 1080?: I have an elderly NEC Multisync PA241W wide gamut photo monitor and a relatively new desktop computer with an NVidia GEforce GTX 1080. Using mostly SSDs with 64 gb ram and have virtual memory allocated to its own SSD. I don't game but I do use the computer for Adobe LR &...