Windows 10: Running multiple microsoft comfort keyboards

Discus and support Running multiple microsoft comfort keyboards in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hiI have a microsoft comfort keyboard 5050 that I use with my desktop, connecting via the USB dongle that came with the keyboard.I now also have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JT68, Oct 5, 2024 at 5:07 AM.

1. JT68 Win User

Running multiple microsoft comfort keyboards

hiI have a microsoft comfort keyboard 5050 that I use with my desktop, connecting via the USB dongle that came with the keyboard.I now also have a laptop and I want to be able to use the same keyboard for the laptop.If I buy another keyboard, will it be uniquely paired with the USB dongle or will the two keyboards interfere with each other?thanks

:)

2. Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A

Hi Scorcher,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that your Wireless key board is not working.

What issue are you facing while using Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0 A with Windows 10?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-in/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/wireless-bluetooth

Download the driver from link given below and install in Compatibility mode as there are no drivers for Windows 10.

Mouse and Keyboard Center download - Microsoft Support

Follow these steps to install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

If the issue still persists please contact Microsoft Hardware support team on the link given below.

Microsoft PC accessories help & learning

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Oct 5, 2024 at 5:09 AM
  3. Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 is not recognized by Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

Hi,

After going through the details it looks like there is a compatibility issue.

I suggest you to install the key board driver in compatibility mode from the below link and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

Which devices are supported by Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center? - Microsoft Support

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and selectProperties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

For Microsoft hardware support you can also contact on below link.

Microsoft PC accessories help & learning

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know, we will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 5, 2024 at 5:09 AM
  4. Running multiple microsoft comfort keyboards

Is there a difference bewteen Wireless Comfort Keyboard Model 1027 and 1045?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving the issue.

There might be some software differences in Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1045 when compared to Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1027 model. Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1045 may not be compatible with the current operating software.

Method 1: I suggest you to download the latest software for the Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1045 from the manufacturer’s website and check fit the issue is resolved.

Method 2: If the issue persist, run the keyboard in
    compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Download the latest keyboard driver software from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu. Proceed with the installation.
    • Restart the computer once the installation is complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Thema:

Running multiple microsoft comfort keyboards

1. Running multiple microsoft comfort keyboards - Similar Threads - Running multiple microsoft

2. Running multiple microsoft comfort keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running multiple microsoft comfort keyboards: hiI have a microsoft comfort keyboard 5050 that I use with my desktop, connecting via the USB dongle that came with the keyboard.I now also have a laptop and I want to be able to use the same keyboard for the laptop.If I buy another keyboard, will it be uniquely paired with...
  3. Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000: Hello, I purchased a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 but lost the USB receiver in a move. Is there any way I can purchase another to go with the keyboard?Model Number: 1394S/N: 0200801247597...
  4. Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard.: I need assistance in replacing my keyboard for the Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard. Some of the letters on the keyboard have completely faded off. I haven't even had this keyboard for close a year. I've tried finding a cover to put on it but nothing matches its...
  5. Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard.: I need assistance in replacing my keyboard for the Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard. Some of the letters on the keyboard have completely faded off. I haven't even had this keyboard for close a year. I've tried finding a cover to put on it but nothing matches its...
  6. Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft Comfort L3V keyboard

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Comfort L3V keyboard: Why would a Microsoft Comfort L3V keyboard not function at all right out of the box? Have tried with two different computers...and it's not the batteries. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-comfort-l3v-keyboard/baba630a-5d2f-48d6-8649-4f5cb07563a0
  8. Microsoft Comfort Keyboard and Mouse 5050

Microsoft Comfort Keyboard and Mouse 5050: My keyboard does not type all the letters and the backspace works sporadically. I sometimes have to hit the backspace several times before it catches up. The mouse is all over the place. I have to continually move it from the mouse pad to the desk to a notebook to click...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard: I was given a MS Sculpt Comfort Keyboard model 1531. How can I connect it to my computer? Do I need a dongle for my USB port? If so, I do not have it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sculpt-comfort-keyboard/1bb131fa-450f-428c-93f2-8c571b64bf70
  10. Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000: Folks, I have this product for almost 10 years, and the usb receiver has been damaged, but the keyboard and mouse work normally, how can I get another receiver? I did a brief survey and said that each kit has its own receiver, ie other receivers are not going to work in my...