Windows 10: Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ?

Discus and support Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I can see on this link the avability to create a generation 2 VM for Rocky Linux 9, but when i create en generation 2 Vm for rocky linux the iso... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HAurelien, Feb 28, 2023.

1. HAurelien Win User

Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ?

Hello,I can see on this link the avability to create a generation 2 VM for Rocky Linux 9, but when i create en generation 2 Vm for rocky linux the iso is unable to boot boot load failled - Not found HA for processor is disable !I can only boot from the iso with a generation 1 VM, it's work on generation 2 for Rocky Linux 8 !maybe i missed one action for boot on gen 2 any idea ? someone have boot on gen 2 ?Thx !

:)

HAurelien, Feb 28, 2023

2. creating a VM win7, on win 10 pro i3 gen 9 machine

there's only x: recovery drive my and e<------my cd drive

I'm not sure which directory to run the commands, I tried x\sources, then from x:windows/system32

after I type bootrec / rebuildmbr i get
    Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ? 329330d1619369296t-creating-vm-win7-win-10-pro-i3-gen-9-machine-x-system32.jpg

Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ? 329331d1619369296t-creating-vm-win7-win-10-pro-i3-gen-9-machine-x-dir.jpg

disk part /list disk says no fixed disk to list

- - - Updated - - -

The first time I opened DOS it opened to X: sources, I typed in bootrec /rebuildmbr, I thought it said successful, then i hit exit and it rebooted to install. I went back into DOS and tried the command again, and it gave me all the parameters list...

Do I need to set settings back to default and see if it boots to my vhd?

sneauxwolf, Feb 28, 2023
  3. creating a VM win7, on win 10 pro i3 gen 9 machine

Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ? 329060d1619216279t-creating-vm-win7-win-10-pro-i3-gen-9-machine-untitled.jpg

Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ? 329060d1619216279t-creating-vm-win7-win-10-pro-i3-gen-9-machine-untitled.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ty,
    fwiw this a screen shot of an email i sent a while back.

these are actual boot files on c win 7, not shortcuts, it was just the best way for me to create an image of files on c win 7

top pic is xp boot files

I think the 7 windows image file I'm using'
    Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ? 329071d1619221317t-creating-vm-win7-win-10-pro-i3-gen-9-machine-boot.jpg
    s boot is not complete w/o the xp boot files...???

i don't know...

ts

till tomorrow or when it's convenient

sneauxwolf, Feb 28, 2023
  4. Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ?

creating a VM win7, on win 10 pro i3 gen 9 machine

ty Hopachi for your reply,
    yes i did exactly as you posted, 8-10 times when i get to configure networking it has a box that says not connected/ drop down to default switch, i did both, after each failure yes i deleted the vm's..

when i get to the next step /connect virtual disk, by default create virtual disk is checked the name is ''New Virtual Machine.vhdx'' location ''C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks\'' size is 127 gb...

i select use existing virtual hard disk either vhd or vhdx, i'm using vhd, about 100gb file of win 7, browse to it on my external drive/ next/ window pops up
    Name: New Virtual Machine
    Generation: Generation 1
    Memory: 1024 MB
    Network: Not Connected
    Hard Disk: D:\WindowsImageBackup\tommywin7-PC\Backup 2021-04-13 220114\2c1783b2-945d-11e5-98d2-806e6f6e6963.vhd (VHD, dynamically expanding)
    click finish, message appears inserting drive??? then the window that shows New Virtual Machine, status off, and the menu on the right...
    Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ? 329025d1619200239t-creating-vm-win7-win-10-pro-i3-gen-9-machine-untitled.jpg

i'll leave it right here for now,
    tyvm,
    ts

- - - Updated - - -

ps; my windows images are for dual boot win7 and xp, when i create a windows backup, it will not separate c;win7 and d; win xp,
    i cannot pick just 7, the old win 7 computer needs both drives to boot, in other words there are boot folders and files on win 7 and xp, i cannot remove dual boot any typical way., msconfig only lists win 7, bootloader it's the same in advanced options....

i think if i did widows repair on both drives would do the trick, or even just win 7. easybcd will not remove the dual boot, just configure boot order etc.

i've thought 4ever the win 7 image with some boot files, and xp with the other may be a problem when i got to this point, creating a vm in hyper-v...

ty,
    ts

sneauxwolf, Feb 28, 2023
Thema:

Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ?

1. Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ? - Similar Threads - Rocky Linux Create

2. Hyper-V - Linux VM hangs when enabling using more than 1 cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V - Linux VM hangs when enabling using more than 1 cpu: I'm trying to get my linux router OS project running in Hyper-V, but am hitting a snag when enabling more than 1 cpu.This is my linux config file.https://github.com/tomato64/tomato64/blob/master/tomato64/board/x86_64/linux.configWindows 10hyper-v gen2 vmkernel 6.6.31I've...
  3. Hyper-V - Linux VM hangs when enabling using more than 1 cpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-V - Linux VM hangs when enabling using more than 1 cpu: I'm trying to get my linux router OS project running in Hyper-V, but am hitting a snag when enabling more than 1 cpu.This is my linux config file.https://github.com/tomato64/tomato64/blob/master/tomato64/board/x86_64/linux.configWindows 10hyper-v gen2 vmkernel 6.6.31I've...
  4. Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rocky Linux 9, Create VM gen 1 ?: Hello,I can see on this link the avability to create a generation 2 VM for Rocky Linux 9, but when i create en generation 2 Vm for rocky linux the iso is unable to boot boot load failled - Not found HA for processor is disable !I can only boot from the iso with a generation 1...
  5. creating a VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    creating a VM: I would like to create a VM, and I have watch video's on how to do this. The end product of what I'm looking for is to install Windows 11 on my F drive (SSD (500gb)). I've already found and made my windows 11.ISO file as well which is over on my C drive. If I create a VM and...
  6. Very rocky reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very rocky reset: So I resetted my PC with Keep My Files, after resetting, I was on the Installing Windows screen. That's when it happened. BAM! "Windows could not configure one or more components, restart your computer to install Windows. So I clicked OK and it restarted. Then it said "The...
  7. creating a VM win7, on win 10 pro i3 gen 9 machine

creating a VM win7, on win 10 pro i3 gen 9 machine: hello all, forgive me if i'm asking something that's addressed elsewhere... new member, longtime reader of your forums... i have questions regarding creating a VM win7, on win 10 pro i3 gen 9 machine...i'm getting conflicting answers. yes gen 9 will support 7 pro 64 as vm...
  8. creating a VM on another drive -

creating a VM on another drive -: I want to create a Hyper-v vm and store it on a secondary 'D' drive I then want to install a fresh copy of windows on my PC and still have access to that vm on the 'D' Drive. I am creating the VM now. I have set my config to save new VM's to D:\Hyper-V\Configuration Files...
  9. HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound

HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound: Hi folks trying an experiment I hadn't thought of before Going through some old junk I found a small mini USB sound and Mic adapter. Tested it on a Native CENTOS machine (the one with the radeon GPU where I couldn't get sound working in any case) Worked fine -- hardware...
  10. Windows HOST, attach Linux external USB to Linux VM

Windows HOST, attach Linux external USB to Linux VM: Hi there I usually run a LINUX HOST for testing Windows VM's - but I need to test some new releases of various Linux distros so I've created some VM's --easy enough and running them on a Windows Host. However I can't attach a USB drive with a Linux file system (XFS) to...