Windows 10: Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.

Discus and support Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Command Prompt Copy Command Prompt works fine: Copy "C:\Users\Dennis\Documents\Tax Data\*.T*" "F:\Tax Data"Following command works fine except the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DennisCPA, Mar 31, 2023.

1. DennisCPA Win User

Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.

Command Prompt Copy Command Prompt works fine: Copy "C:\Users\Dennis\Documents\Tax Data\*.T*" "F:\Tax Data"Following command works fine except the Bolded element: ~*.T*Robocopy "C:\Users\Name\Documents\Tax Data" "F:\Tax Data" *.* /XF ~*.xls* ~*.docx ~*.pdf ~*.txt ~*.T* /E /XO /COPYRobocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command. :DAT /R:2 /W:30 /Z /MAXAGE:360 /NJH /NJS /XX Background Information:1 Wish to copy the file "Taxes 2022.T23" to folder F:\Tax Data2 To inhibit too many files like *.txt being copied, I thought the following would work: *.T## meaning the two ## were Numeric, thus *.txt would not be copied.3 Any thoughts how to f

:)

DennisCPA, Mar 31, 2023
  2. KingNeil2 Win User

Robocopy backup won't work

I tried to use the built-in Windows program called Robocopy to back up my files using the following command on the command line:

robocopy Documents J:\robocopy /e

This command works fine on my laptop

But it would not work on my desktop computer for some reason

It just shows the very command that I typed over and over again repeating the command over and over on a new line each time, and it doesn't copy the files. There is no explanation for why.

On the other hand, using Windows Backup / File History works just fine, but I don't want to use Windows Backup because I don't like the format that the files are saved in.

Why isn't Robocopy working? How do I solve this?

KingNeil2, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Jon Bonin Win User
    Robocopy command is not recognized

When I try and run robocopy, I get the following return statement within my command prompt:

'robocopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file

Is there any way to get this working? I would like to be able to use for transferring files around. Any help would be appreciated.

Jon Bonin, Mar 31, 2023
  4. Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.

ROBOCOPY fails copying files from source root

Hi Elise

Thanks for replying om my problem.....

Well same resoulth with robocopy "$oldpath"

I just tested my robocopy command in a commandline, and that works fine

( robocopy \\XXXXXXXX\mdt$\ Q:\CTXMDT\ /Z /MT:16 /MIR /W:0 /R:0 /V /TS /FP /PF /E /FFT /XO /SEC /XD ".snapshots" /XD "$RECYCLE.BIN" )

So for some reason, - Powershell is the challange and not Robocopy as I expected...

The funny thing is, - that if the file allready excist on target, - my powershell script does not create a folder as I would expect....

Best regards...

Malte C",)

Malte Christensen, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.

1. Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command. - Similar Threads - Robocopy element fail's

2. Robocopy Skips Copying File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy Skips Copying File: I have a Dell computer running Windows 10. I use Task Scheduler to copy two files to two target destinations using Robocopy. Three of the files get copied but Robocopy skips one of them. If I run the command in a command window it returns a value of 0 meaning that there...
  3. Robocopy Skips Copying File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy Skips Copying File: I have a Dell computer running Windows 10. I use Task Scheduler to copy two files to two target destinations using Robocopy. Three of the files get copied but Robocopy skips one of them. If I run the command in a command window it returns a value of 0 meaning that there...
  4. Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.

Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.: Command Prompt Copy Command Prompt works fine: Copy "C:\Users\Dennis\Documents\Tax Data\*.T*" "F:\Tax Data"Following command works fine except the Bolded element: ~*.T*Robocopy "C:\Users\Name\Documents\Tax Data" "F:\Tax Data" *.* /XF ~*.xls* ~*.docx ~*.pdf ~*.txt ~*.T* /E /XO...
  5. ROBOCOPY fails copying files from source root

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ROBOCOPY fails copying files from source root: When copying files from source root, it seems that ROBOCOPY see the files as directories and the resoult is, that the filename become a directoiry name on targetHow can I prevent thatMy code:$FileName = Get-Date.tostring"MM-dd-yyyy---HH-mm-ss"$oldpaths = Get-ChildItem...
  6. ROBOCOPY fails copying files from source root

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ROBOCOPY fails copying files from source root: When copying files from source root, it seems that ROBOCOPY see the files as directories and the resoult is, that the filename become a directoiry name on targetHow can I prevent thatMy code:$FileName = Get-Date.tostring"MM-dd-yyyy---HH-mm-ss"$oldpaths = Get-ChildItem...
  7. ROBOCOPY fails copying files from source root

8. Robocopy command in CMD isn't working

Robocopy command in CMD isn't working: Hi there, I'm very conscious and careful about reserving the original date stamps of my files when moving or copying them in order to organize my data. I've researched and found the Robocopy command. But my problem is that my PC can't access the source directory. Below is a...
  9. Robocopy not copying newer file

Robocopy not copying newer file: I have a file in a OneDrive folder named bernie3_journal.txt. It has today's date which is 10/7. I'm trying to use robocopy to copy the file to my son's OneDrive folder as shown below. The bernie3_journal.txt file in my son's OneDrive folder has a date stamp of 8/5. I've...
  10. Robocopy command is not recognized

Robocopy command is not recognized: When I try and run robocopy, I get the following return statement within my command prompt: 'robocopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file Is there any way to get this working? I would like to be able to use for...