Windows 10: "Right click > New > Folder" isn't working properly

Discus and support "Right click > New > Folder" isn't working properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Idk when but today when i try to create a new folder it just prompt me to create a shortcut although i did made sure that i didn't accidentally click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Devsain, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Devsain Win User

"Right click > New > Folder" isn't working properly

Idk when but today when i try to create a new folder it just prompt me to create a shortcut although i did made sure that i didn't accidentally click it

:)

Devsain, Jul 23, 2020
  2. crionsynx Win User

Hi Devsain,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I'm an Independent Advisor and consumer of Microsoft products just like you. Let me help you with your concern.

Try using System File Checker (SFC) tool to repair missing or corrupted system files which it seems your case.

Right click Start > Select Command Prompt(Admin) or Windows PowerShell(Admin) whatever is available

Enter the following commands one line at a time followed by the Enter key:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

It may take time (5-20mins) for each command to finish. Restart your PC after.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/929833/

If the above does not help, follow the suggestions of Andre Da Costa from the next link

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

crionsynx, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Devsain Win User

After running the scans and rebooted well, no luck, when i click on New Folder it still ask me to give it a directory to a short cut called New Folder

Thank you for your help anyway I guess I will have to try out Andre's solution and see if that works

Devsain, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Devsain Win User

Idk when but today when i try to create a new folder it just prompt me to create a shortcut although i did made sure that i didn't accidentally click it

Devsain, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. "Right click > New > Folder" isn't working properly - Similar Threads - Right click Folder

2. Mouse click isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse click isn't working properly: I have a Lenovo Legion 5 amd ryzen 7 with Windows 11 home updated, external mouse click and TouchPad click stops working randomly I have to either click several times for an action or use the keyboard arrows and enter on stuff. It's really annoying since this laptop barely...
  3. Mouse click isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse click isn't working properly: I have a Lenovo Legion 5 amd ryzen 7 with Windows 11 home updated, external mouse click and TouchPad click stops working randomly I have to either click several times for an action or use the keyboard arrows and enter on stuff. It's really annoying since this laptop barely...
  4. My touchpad right click isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad right click isn't working: Hello,I recently got a new "ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX517ZE_FX517ZE" and I had trouble with its right click since the first day. I've been right clicking with double click on the touchpad since then, but recently I remembered the issue again. The right click is doing just fine with...
  5. My touchpad right click isn't working

My touchpad right click isn't working: Hello,I recently got a new "ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX517ZE_FX517ZE" and I had trouble with its right click since the first day. I've been right clicking with double click on the touchpad since then, but recently I remembered the issue again. The right click is doing just fine with...
  6. Can't create new folder by right click

Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  7. [Solved] "Right click > New > Folder" isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Solved] "Right click > New > Folder" isn't working properly: Idk when but today when i try to create a new folder it just prompt me to create a shortcut although i did made sure that i didn't accidentally click it...
  8. Right Shift key isn't working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right Shift key isn't working properly.: I got a new keyboard and right away I've noticed that the Right Shift key isn't working properly. While trying to capitalize the letter T it doesn't work, some letters work fine other sometimes type out a different letter, mostly F or S. This problem occurs only while holding...
  9. Right click will not open new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click will not open new folder: When I right click to open a new folder the new tab will not open and locks the screen I can open a new folder from the top right of folder screen. sorry I am not too good at this any ideas please 127496
  10. Create new folder on desktop when right click new does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Create new folder on desktop when right click new does not work: Desktop computer with Windows10 Pro. I already have one post going, but I need to create new folders on the desktop. When I right click on the desktop and click on new, it basically freezes up and eventually refreshes the desktop. I googled the problem and tried a couple...